July 29Th: Community Hot Topics

[DE]Rebecca

i would love to get an explanation on the neurodes drop rate fiasco, now more tha ever as the vasto ask for FOUR neurodes.

killed hek 15 times and eris all the way and nothing, i would prefer to think this is a mistake of some kind and not on purpose.

Not all of us exploited the bug that arouse some weeks ago of rare dropping as common.

Thanks.

Trading: A proposal!

In Livestream # 10 Steve talked a lot about trading. The constraints remain that we can’t have a system that is exploitable. A possible integration of trading that has been discussed deals with Mods. This can potentially be done in two ways:

Converting unwanted mods into a new mod at random. (Got 4 Slash Dash’s? Trade them with Crazy Carl and see what he gives you for them!)

Got a fully maxed Hornet Strike? Post it for set Platinum and another Tenno out there may take it off your hands for your listed price, earning you Platinum in the process.

We will update as more info emerges.  

The conversion trader I can see being ok.

For the love of all that is warframe though donot allow anyway to trade or gain platinum at all.  This is basically having an open invitation to botting accounts and 'gold sellers'. This is essentially going to cause botters to harvest mods sell them cheap for platinum then sell accounts with said platinum for real money.

If the starting platinum is an issue, remove it and give starting players 2 extra warframe slots and 2 extra weapon slots and no starting platinum (this realy is the best place for a starter to spend them anyway, and they may not realise that when starting out).

For mods and blueprints you can allow direct swaping, mod for mod (limited to the same rarity if you like), blueprint for blueprint.  Keep it to clans if you want it somewhat restricted (clan hoping may be a factor but a minor issue realistically).  Sure some skew may happen but someone has to have earned the mods and blueprints in the first place (at the end of they day they all sell for the same number of credits).

That way a friend/clanmate with a blueprint you want can swap it for something they need or dont yet have (sure you can swap for a blueprint/mod you dont realy want, but then thats like doing your friend or clanmate a favour too).

Working with the trader idea, clan traders can be built (or use the oracle), in that players can sell resources for credits to the clan trader that then other players can buy off the trader (at a 5-10% markup).  This gives some use to credits with a slight credit sink, but also keeps resources to a finite ammount.

Alternativly you could even have a donation system linked into the clan vault (as that datastore already exists), and resources are donated to the clan, that other players can then buy from the trader (using up credits) or used to further build the dojo directly.

All this keeps things finite, as the ammount available to buy depends on other players donating/selling to the clan trader in the first place.

Sure players could just buy up all the resources in their clan but then they are just hurting their own clan (maybe having a log for the Warlord could curb that and let each clan police it themsleves, or adding a permission level to be able to buy from the clan trader being an option).

Though there are many other good ideas around the fourms as well.

Edited by Loswaith

-snip-

Working with the trader idea, clan traders can be built (or use the oracle), in that players can sell resources for credits to the clan trader that then other players can buy off the trader (at a 5-10% markup).  This gives some use to credits with a slight credit sink, but also keeps resources to a finite ammount.

-snip-

I like this idea, good credit sink, I'd even mark it up more haha :D

I would REALLY like a way to give away my multiple blueprints for the same thing to someone else.  For example, I have four glaive blueprints.

Why can't I give one to a clanmate?  Someone earned that BP (Me) so it's not like it's a duplicate.  It's not like I get to use the BP then give it to someone else.  They'd still require having the materials and the mastery level to use it.

Please make BP trade-able or gift-able.  Even if it's only internal to your clan.

--------------------------

As much as I'd like to be able to sell mods for Platinum, I can't help but think this will end up in exploitation.  One possible way around it is to set a mastery level on use of the trading system.  A master level of even two would stop anyone from creating accounts just to transfer platinum via the trading system.  They'd have to farm up a few weapons and warframes just to get the mastery points.  I can't see anyone doing that in any significant amount.  I would easily accept a requirement of Mastery rank 5 or something as well.  If there are no blocks, someone will make new accounts to buy slash-dash mods for 50 platinum over and over.

I know DE is worried about an exploitable/abuseable trading system but they really need to just suck it up because we really need a trading system, a legit trading system, not an auction house.

You don't want people to abuse the starting platinum by making a billion accounts? Then don't let platinum get in the mix, make trades only available for blueprints/mods/resources, for instance: Subject A has 3 Nyx Helmet Blueprints and 5 Nyx Chassis Blueprints, Subject B has 2 Nyx System Blueprints and 8 Orokin Cells, Subject A agrees to trade 1 Nyx Helmet Blueprint and 1 Nyx Chassis Blueprint for 1 Nyx System Blueprint and 1 Orokin Cell, Subject B agrees to the trade and now instead of farming Phorid 20 more times they can both make Nyx(assuming they have the resources to build the parts).

You could say that Subject A and/or Subject B would have eventually become frustrated and bought Nyx for 225/450 platinum but I mean.. it's not like the drop rates are RIGGED to make people buy platinum, we're not talking about EA here.... right?

In all seriousness the only item that you can buy for platinum in that trade is an orokin cell for 10 platinum, which wasn't even possible pre-update 9. How many people have you seen complain about the alert system? "Ugh, ALL I needed was the Vauban Systems and an alert for it showed up while I was at work/at school/sleeping, now I'll NEVER get Vauban" Don't worry there, Jimmy, Mikey did the alert and all he wants for the blueprint is some fusion cores so he can finally level up his Vitality mod!

tl;dr We need a legit trading system, we don't care if we can't trade stuff you can buy for platinum(except for resources) just let us trade blueprints/mods/resources.

I agree. This would be a solid start and a much need improvement IMHO. Now if I could just find the legendary blueprints for Forma and Platinum.........

I agree. This would be a solid start and a much need improvement IMHO. Now if I could just find the legendary blueprints for Forma and Platinum.........

Forma blueprints can be gotten from alerts and void runs.. The platinum blueprint is indeed legendary.

I would REALLY like a way to give away my multiple blueprints for the same thing to someone else.  For example, I have four glaive blueprints.

Why can't I give one to a clanmate?  Someone earned that BP (Me) so it's not like it's a duplicate.  It's not like I get to use the BP then give it to someone else.  They'd still require having the materials and the mastery level to use it.

Please make BP trade-able or gift-able.  Even if it's only internal to your clan.

--------------------------

As much as I'd like to be able to sell mods for Platinum, I can't help but think this will end up in exploitation.  One possible way around it is to set a mastery level on use of the trading system.  A master level of even two would stop anyone from creating accounts just to transfer platinum via the trading system.  They'd have to farm up a few weapons and warframes just to get the mastery points.  I can't see anyone doing that in any significant amount.  I would easily accept a requirement of Mastery rank 5 or something as well.  If there are no blocks, someone will make new accounts to buy slash-dash mods for 50 platinum over and over.

I believe Steve mentioned a mastery requirement in the last livestream.

I'm honestly really disappointed that intra-clan trading seems now to be off the table.

I'm in a tight knit ghost clan of real life friends, and we'd really like to help out 1-2 of our members that don't get to play as often because of work/life etc. Being able to give/trade spare fundamental mods like Serration or Flow to these people would help us be able to do high level defenses and Tier 3s as a group on the weekends when we are able to play, instead of having large power deltas or having to run old content for our free-time challenged friends.

@DERebecca  I wanted to bring to your attention another hot topic that I think is very important to address because I believe it effects the Community at large as well as CO-OP gameplay. It is the issue of shared XP and "Defense Heroes". I have read hundreds of posts in regards to this and it comes down to this, some people assume that all people who place themselves near spawn points are there to killsteal and have a total disregard for their team mates and shared XP, while this may be true with some is not true for all. Some like myself do so with the idea that the more that are killed away from the pod the less likely the pod will die and last longer, which is the sole purpose of the defense mission, making the pod last as long as your willing to stay. Now with the arrival with the Warframe Nova, this idea of killstealing has really started to heat up, some players when referring to defense heroes will actually let the pod die on purpose because of this, though I also want to say there have been some who have done this have first warned those players to come back in range and if they didn't comply they would let the pod die. This whole problem stems from the idea of shared XP which seems to really effect co-op gameplay and if something is not done will effect the player base as a whole. I know for myself a Nova player that my intent is to help my team last as long as i'm able and if that means standing in the best strategic place to kill as many enemies as I can by spamming M-Prime that what I will do, for me it's not about the XP it's about making the Pod survive. I will put forth two simple solutions that may solve this, first you can increase the radius of shared XP or second which is much easier remove the radius and simply let everyone share the XP, and yes you will have leechers, but once again it will put the focus back to the mission which is to make the Pod survive.

I don't think trading items for some platinum is such a good idea... I mean the point of having platinum is having a rare resource that can buy some powerful stuff! You can trade platinum bough items for other rare items bought with platinum but getting the actual platinum itself? nah!. here is a suggestion: every item that can be bought with platinum can also be bought with a high amount of credit. 

By the way... if you trade...lets say an Excalibur warframe, will it be the same level that the seller sells it? or should the item always be unranked with no mods attached to it after being sold? 

this thread is still relevant and has been neglected:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/80367-suggestion-lets-talk-about-auras/#entry875763

this thread is being ignored completely. id like to hear what you plan to do since the new mods make these ammo scavengers obsolete.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/82608-bug-certain-auras-do-not-work/#entry901073

edit: Consider separating stats from aesthetic on Alternate Helmets, many of us like 1 thing and dislike the other... separating them would make everyone happy and i'm sure many more will buy Helmets for plats! Plz consider this question!!

Purely cosmetic items for the warframes and maybe weapon visuals will definitely sell like hotcakes. As if the popularity of the sentinel wings/masks/tails weren't a good enough indicator already, people really like to customize their appearances.

Any word on plans to address the currently disheveled and awkward melee system? Whether that several-steps-on-one-strike thing is a bug, intended, or simply a feature for testing upcoming changes?

Also, how interested are you guys in potential boss-battle suggestions from the community for bosses you haven't started looking at yet?