July 29Th: Community Hot Topics

[DE]Rebecca

I know DE is worried about an exploitable/abuseable trading system but they really need to just suck it up because we really need a trading system, a legit trading system, not an auction house.

You don't want people to abuse the starting platinum by making a billion accounts? Then don't let platinum get in the mix, make trades only available for blueprints/mods/resources, for instance: Subject A has 3 Nyx Helmet Blueprints and 5 Nyx Chassis Blueprints, Subject B has 2 Nyx System Blueprints and 8 Orokin Cells, Subject A agrees to trade 1 Nyx Helmet Blueprint and 1 Nyx Chassis Blueprint for 1 Nyx System Blueprint and 1 Orokin Cell, Subject B agrees to the trade and now instead of farming Phorid 20 more times they can both make Nyx(assuming they have the resources to build the parts).

You could say that Subject A and/or Subject B would have eventually become frustrated and bought Nyx for 225/450 platinum but I mean.. it's not like the drop rates are RIGGED to make people buy platinum, we're not talking about EA here.... right?

In all seriousness the only item that you can buy for platinum in that trade is an orokin cell for 10 platinum, which wasn't even possible pre-update 9. How many people have you seen complain about the alert system? "Ugh, ALL I needed was the Vauban Systems and an alert for it showed up while I was at work/at school/sleeping, now I'll NEVER get Vauban" Don't worry there, Jimmy, Mikey did the alert and all he wants for the blueprint is some fusion cores so he can finally level up his Vitality mod!

tl;dr We need a legit trading system, we don't care if we can't trade stuff you can buy for platinum(except for resources) just let us trade blueprints/mods/resources.

this please so i can give my clan mate my spare latron prime receiver and he give me his spare frost prime bp. Then everyone happy

edit: Consider separating stats from aesthetic on Alternate Helmets, many of us like 1 thing and dislike the other... separating them would make everyone happy and i'm sure many more will buy Helmets for plats! Plz consider this question!!

+1

I for one, would very much like the benefit of Trinity's Aura helmet without that hideous lunch box-toilet seat look! And I have the opposite problem with the Meridian; love the look but I care more for power efficiency than shield capacity when playing her.

Is it so unreasonable for me to want the Aura's stats with the Meridian's aesthetic?

They should make separate, slot-able items for the helmets that alter the stats - let's call them Capacitors for now - with their own alerts and platinum prices.

+1

I for one, would very much like the benefit of Trinity's Aura helmet without that hideous lunch box-toilet seat look! And I have the opposite problem with the Meridian; love the look but I care more for power efficiency than shield capacity when playing her.

Is it so unreasonable for me to want the Aura's stats with the Meridian's aesthetic?

They should make separate, slot-able items for the helmets that alter the stats - let's call them Capacitors for now - with their own alerts and platinum prices.

that slotted helmet concept is an awesome idea. absolutely love it. It would be a really cool idea to have all alternate helmets contain a slot that special mods can be put into. Each helmet could come with a default mod and be swapped out for another one.  Just make it limited to specific mod types only, like the way aura works. 

Trading: A proposal!

In Livestream # 10 Steve talked a lot about trading. The constraints remain that we can’t have a system that is exploitable. A possible integration of trading that has been discussed deals with Mods. This can potentially be done in two ways:

Converting unwanted mods into a new mod at random. (Got 4 Slash Dash’s? Trade them with Crazy Carl and see what he gives you for them!)

Got a fully maxed Hornet Strike? Post it for set Platinum and another Tenno out there may take it off your hands for your listed price, earning you Platinum in the process.

We will update as more info emerges.  

New Mission Types?

We hear loud and clear that new mission type are desired by our players. We did an event this weekend that incorporated some twists on existing missions which is something we’d like to continue for our events. The team’s current priority is improving existing Mission Tpes before adding an entirely new mission to the bunch.

Clan Emblems: Progress!

Since the last Hot Topics we’ve added a new “Preview” ability to this customization option. If you upload what you wish to be your Clan Emblem, you can now preview it on Excalibur before you submit your Emblem.

A lot of people have been commenting and asking on the nature of monetizing these cosmetic options, with criticisms emerging on implementation and price. The Clan Emblem system is cosmetic, we are making improvements along the way to how it is presented (previews), but the system itself is fully cosmetic. Between bandwidth and manual screening, we need to prevent upload abuse while still offering this customization option.

Strict NAT Issues:

Our July 11th Hot Topics mentioned Strict NAT, the information is relevant this week to those affected:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/76987-july-11th-community-hot-topics/

This is still very relevant to those affected.

Continued Sound Changes

We have a Livestream this Wednesday with the Sound Team where we will discuss the past hot topics and comments about Sound in Warframe.  See you at 2 PM!

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/87871-livestream-11-sound-qa-july-31-2-pm/

Operation Sling-Stone: Results!

All winnings have been added to contributing Tenno accounts. See here for full details: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/87915-operation-sling-stone-results/

Will update as the week progresses!

hola rebeca soy de venezuela ;;;  por que warframe no idea otras formas de pago como los sms ya que somos muchos los jugadores que no tenemos tarjetas de credito y estamos locos por comprar platinium no se como crear el tema en el foro por eso acudo a ti::: espero sus respuesta y lean mi inquietud que es la de muchos ....

"Got a fully maxed Hornet Strike? Post it for set Platinum and another Tenno out there may take it off your hands for your listed price, earning you Platinum in the process"

Learn from Diablo 3. Don't implement any way to get platinum. If you do i hope I dont see posts like Hornet Strike Starting bid 1,000/buyout 1,000,000,000 platinum.

Platinum should only be bought with real money. Please don't ruin your economy

"please don't ruin your economy?" don't make me laugh haha! LOL, it is normal in a game, there are too many successful game that can be bought an item that was in the auction can be bought using platinum or real money,

"Got a fully maxed Hornet Strike? Post it for set Platinum and another Tenno out there may take it off your hands for your listed price, earning you Platinum in the process"

Learn from Diablo 3. Don't implement any way to get platinum. If you do i hope I dont see posts like Hornet Strike Starting bid 1,000/buyout 1,000,000,000 platinum.

Platinum should only be bought with real money. Please don't ruin your economy.

"please don't ruin your economy?" don't make me laugh haha! LOL, it is normal in a game, there are too many successful game that can be bought an item that was in the auction can be bought using platinum or real money,

An auction in a space ninja based game?

Really come on..

Cool...so, any input on armor scalling? Longswords being crap? Being able so sell more than 1 unit at once?

Yes, the armour scaling that renders all but armour-ignoring/piercing weapons useless at high levels and likely the main reason I've stopped using Frost (among other things).

And is it just me, or are longswords much harder to aim now, with the large step forward with each strike that makes it more likely to over-shoot your target?

Indeed, it took me nearly 5 minutes to sell my 23 leftover Stable Corrupters.

Trading: A proposal!

In Livestream # 10 Steve talked a lot about trading. The constraints remain that we can’t have a system that is exploitable. A possible integration of trading that has been discussed deals with Mods. This can potentially be done in two ways:

Converting unwanted mods into a new mod at random. (Got 4 Slash Dash’s? Trade them with Crazy Carl and see what he gives you for them!)

Got a fully maxed Hornet Strike? Post it for set Platinum and another Tenno out there may take it off your hands for your listed price, earning you Platinum in the process.

We will update as more info emerges. 

One thing that did dawn on me, is that if you allow selling mods for platinum you can no longer say the game isnt 'pay to win' as well, that will become an option.  Sure it doesnt have to be but can be is what matters.

Edited by Loswaith

Yes, the armour scaling that renders all but armour-ignoring/piercing weapons useless at high levels and likely the main reason I've stopped using Frost (among other things).

And is it just me, or are longswords much harder to aim now, with the large step forward with each strike that makes it more likely to over-shoot your target?

Indeed, it took me nearly 5 minutes to sell my 23 leftover Stable Corrupters.

I guess removing Raids is more important than solving issues that are here since the Closed Beta.

And yet, they believe Warframe has a future on the PS4.

I'm not sure I like the idea of selling high ranking mods to other players. My gut reaction is that mods are a measure of progress in the game, I worked hard to upgrade them all to the point I have and the idea that someone can just buy a max rank serration/hornett strike etc seems wrong to me.

Perhaps a better system would be swapping out any unwanted mods you have in exchange for a *specific* mod that you do want. Lets brainstorm:

1) Swapping unwanted mods will give you X random mods back

2) Getting a specific mod will cost you more of your unwanted mods

So if you wanted a high rank Hornett Strike you can trade for Hornett Strike mods and get the best efficiency fusion.

I guess removing Raids is more important than solving issues that are here since the Closed Beta.

Yeah, I'm confused by this, I've never had a problem with Raids, only their lack of context; the fact that these locked up, heavily-guarded Orokin artefacts keep turning out to be....mods (WOW, this Fast Hands is what sent the readings "off the chart"!?)...the kind that drop from dead enemies anyway! Scrapping it entirely smacks of giving up too easily. And they're apparently going to replace it with this Survival Tron knock-off thing?

At the very least, they should keep the Raids but just restrict them to Catalyst/Reactor/Forma (and any other such upgrade items they may release in future) alerts, at least that way, we know we're going out of our way to steal something valuable!

Yeah, I'm confused by this, I've never had a problem with Raids, only their lack of context; the fact that these locked up, heavily-guarded Orokin artefacts keep turning out to be....mods (WOW, this Fast Hands is what sent the readings "off the chart"!?)...the kind that drop from dead enemies anyway! Scrapping it entirely smacks of giving up too easily. And they're apparently going to replace it with this Survival Tron knock-off thing?

At the very least, they should keep the Raids but just restrict them to Catalyst/Reactor/Forma (and any other such upgrade items they may release in future) alerts, at least that way, we know we're going out of our way to steal something valuable!

If you put the following three missions under the microscope, you will see further reasons why Raid is going:

Raid, Sabotage, Capture, these three are very similar in objective-execution. The Designers (and players) want more variety, replacing Raid with something that isn't so close in execution to Sabotage and Capture will add variety that we see our players yearning for every day. Of those three similar types, Raid is the weakest link in their eyes.

As for this:

"And they're apparently going to replace it with this Survival Tron knock-off thing?" I think you're confusing the Tron part for what is going to be used to amp up Spy missions.

Survival-style mission replacing Raid is on the board.

Cyber-intel to vamp up Spy is a separate revamp on the board as well.

When the time comes to implement this (and all other mission revamps, including Rescue based on "fix this first" feedback), we will be ready to act on further feedback.

This is cool: At the very least, they should keep the Raids but just restrict them to Catalyst/Reactor/Forma (and any other such upgrade items they may release in future) alerts, at least that way, we know we're going out of our way to steal something valuable!

Will pass along.

It might also be worth keeping Raids (in their current form) solely as an additional objective, and not a standalone mission type.

They're short and easy, so it wouldn't be as annoying as being asked to collect four data nodes after a rescue operation.

Thematically, the lore-logic behind Raid Missions needs to return though. Ninja-looting expensive treasures is too cool... just make sure it's functionally distinct from Spy Missions. I don't know what Steve and the guys have in the pipeline, but if Spy is going to be primarily about stealthy infiltration, make Raid about the escape, or something.

If you put the following three missions under the microscope, you will see further reasons why Raid is going:

Raid, Sabotage, Capture, these three are very similar in objective-execution. The Designers (and players) want more variety, replacing Raid with something that isn't so close in execution to Sabotage and Capture will add variety that we see our players yearning for every day. Of those three similar types, Raid is the weakest link in their eyes.

As for this:

"And they're apparently going to replace it with this Survival Tron knock-off thing?" I think you're confusing the Tron part for what is going to be used to amp up Spy missions.

Survival-style mission replacing Raid is on the board.

Cyber-intel to vamp up Spy is a separate revamp on the board as well.

When the time comes to implement this (and all other mission revamps, including Rescue based on "fix this first" feedback), we will be ready to act on further feedback.

This is cool: At the very least, they should keep the Raids but just restrict them to Catalyst/Reactor/Forma (and any other such upgrade items they may release in future) alerts, at least that way, we know we're going out of our way to steal something valuable!

Will pass along.

Holy crap, I was not expecting that! Thanks very much.

Of course I'm all for the variety - certainly most of the mission types at the moment just blur together in my mind, they're that indistinct. So I take it Cyber Intel will involve the usual Spy mission stuff, except instead of nicking datamasses, you "jack into the Matrix", as it were? Don't know how I got those confused. Somehow I thought that meant starting the mission already in the "Matrix" with no indication as to how you got there or where from.

By the way, could you make a dedicated Great Warframe Buff thread, with each Warframe listed in order of urgency and what exactly is planned for them, if anything? I think this would assuage concerns about certain Warframes being ignored without having to answer them individually, as indeed I have been anxious to find out what's happening with Frost over the past couple of months or so but so far, nothing.