Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus 2.0 Cost, way too high?

(PSN)Ozymandias-13-

I'm aware there have been complaints about Focus 2.0 since it came out, but now that it has dropped on the consoles I've had the opportunity to experience it first hand. Surprisingly enough, my issue is not with the versatility of the nodes themselves or their function. I'm fine with the fact Focus isn't as dedicated to Warframe powercreep as it used to be. I'm enjoying them, but agree that Operators overall need improvement before they can really have a meaningful contribution to the game. That's for another thread though.

My issue is with the cost.

I've been primarily, though not exclusively, using Naramon since Focus originally came out. Almost 2 years, and millions of Naramon Focus points. I started playing around with different node combinations last night without confirming the selection to see exactly where this will get me. The answer I came up with? Doesn't get me too far. I didn't expect to be able to max out the entire tree, but I expected it to get significantly more progress than I did.

Is this something that gets better as I continue working through this update? Or has the reward for 2 years of my effort just been marginalized for the sake of artificial content longevity? I'm aware they made increased adjustments to the Focus gain, but at the moment it seems we're still worse off than before when it comes to overall cost per node.

I'm honestly asking for an answer.  Feel free to let me know your experience on this, and if my first glance just seems more overwhelming than it actually is.

You don't say.

When I first saw new focus in devstream I said "everything costs too mcuh" and someone there replied "theyr'e gonna lower the costs it's just a devs' build".

They did jack squat of course and only now people started to talk about costs when it's too late and no one from DE cares about any feedback - because neither Scott nor Steve reads the forums any longer and cause ship already sailed so all you will get till focus 3.0 is univerals pool some months later and a promised somewhat-easier-grind. No one's even planning reducing ridiculous costs. 

Цитата

Well, they did increase the daily cap to 250,000

But didn't make obtaining it any easier so now you just have to waste 2x more time for it. Clap clap.

Edited by -Temp0-

Even though they increased the daily cap the costs are still high. My clan member needs over 140k pathway/pool costs to max out Zenurik which burns most of his daily cap. Focus 2.5 can't come quick enough as the pool costs are way to much and they should be universal. Also some of the void costs are not worth maxing because you lose to much energy and dont really bring much. Range and damage is pretty poor imo. Void dashing is far more important than dealing say 200 damage

11 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

Well, they did increase the daily cap to 250,000, but a Focus 2.5 is still in the works to fix some of the problems with costs. On a side note there will also be a universal focus pool, and another respec.

potentially fix, until it comes out there's no guarantee that the grind will be any better than they are now.... admittedly I do hope they listened to us saying the cost is too high etc and adjusted the prices to be more reasonable etc like they were implying

Edited by LSG501

Только что, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr сказал:

You don't know that, they have obviously been listening and said that they will be fixing it they just need time.

YOU don't knwo that all they will "fix" is making the pool universal and "stated" they will make focus gain scale off mastery and making those 250k easier to obtain. That's ALL they promised. Nothing more.

Just now, -Temp0- said:

YOU don't knwo that all they will "fix" is making the pool universal and "stated" they will make focus gain scale off mastery and making those 250k easier to obtain. That's ALL they promised. Nothing more.

Actually they said that they will be looking at the cost of everything and completely removing the cap.

12 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

Well, they did increase the daily cap to 250,000, but a Focus 2.5 is still in the works to fix some of the problems with costs. On a side note there will also be a universal focus pool, and another respec.

Ah ok. I had Devstream 100 running on my desktop while i was at work so I was only able to bounce in and out of it. I was there long enough to get more Exilus Adapters than I know what to do with though (Thanks spacemom lol).

Unfortunately, until it's implemented I'll stay slightly pessimistic since Devstreams 'updates' are always subject to change. I trust DE to make the right decision, I just don't necessarily trust the time frame it'll be done in. Hehe

5 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Fix won't fix anything.

Everything will still cost your arm, leg and your brother's soul.

Actually, I remember them talking about the node costs, and that they had erroneously set node prices/pool cost based on unlocking all nodes and then leveling them slowly, despite the fact that players typically unlocked the previous system by maxing one node at a time, so they said they would look at the node costs again

17 минут назад, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr сказал:

Actually they said that they will be looking at the cost of everything and completely removing the cap.

Their "will look" is nothing. They've been looking on other things for years

And removing the cap won't make it better because once you reached 250k it will be more and more and more difficult to gain more focus.

Edited by -Temp0-

I'm just sittin here. gathering focus for way-bounts. Capping every day. And just slowly progressing.

Though unlike some I really feel no urge to go beyond my main tree and unlocking everything in all trees. THAT takes long. but I can deal with my current goal. especially with the hard-cap going out the window.

19 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Their "will look" is nothing. They've been looking on other things for years

And removing the cap won't make it better because once you reached 250k it will be more and more and more difficult to gain more focus.

They said there would be missions you can do to give you a focus boost after you reach cap. Did you not watch and listen to the devstream?

Edited by CuChulainnWD

6 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Though unlike some I really feel no urge to go beyond my main tree and unlocking everything in all trees. THAT takes long. 

I have all of the paths unlocked, and would like to be able to diversify and use them all more consistently, but they are actively preventing that by making it take more time than we physically have to work on even a single tree.

I also pray to the Lotus every night before bed that they let us tie active focus path to loadouts so that it will switch automatically. Alas, my prayers are left answered. :sadcry:

1 minute ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

I feel that focus 2.0 still has the same problem that Focus 1.0 had: some of the active powers are still garbage but now at a ridiculous cost.

True. 

Fortunately, I actually like all of the Naramon nodes for once. My friend is using Zenurik, and against my recommendation maxed out one of the damage based abilities in the trees. And confirmed it. Now he has tons of wasted focus points in a node to modify operator damage and it's not even killing lower level enemies in the Plains apparently.