Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki switch teleport/decoy synergy

(PSN)JehovanF

I think i have a good, easy, idea for Loki.

Why not have holding the switch teleport button for a second or so automatically switch you with your decoy? (Without having to have your reticle on the decoy) 

I just find that trying to use his teleport as a fast travel mechanic is a little tricky when moving quickly. In the time it takes me to get my cross hairs on the decoy I already have caught up with my decoy by parkour. Just any idea I had trying too get around in the plains of eidolon without my archwing.

Might be some conflict of interests with savior decoy aug, but honestly i don't think it takes much away from that mod. 

Thanks for reading!

12 minutes ago, (PS4)JehovanF said:

In the time it takes me to get my cross hairs on the decoy I already have caught up with my decoy by parkour

If you are moving fast enough for it to be an issue, there is no benefit in updating teleport. Why not just run for that extra second or two and see if you reach your decoy - also account for the cast time of Switch Teleport. Personally, I see no benefit at all in this change. Unless you are placing your Decoy really far away, it is more than likely faster to run to it.

But hey, it would give us a "not trolling" use of Switch Teleport.

I feel like this might conflict with Nova's Wormhole. You are basically giving Loki the ability to make a personal use Wormhole.

20 hours ago, krc473 said:

If you are moving fast enough for it to be an issue, there is no benefit in updating teleport.

It's not that I'm moving all that fast. What I meant was that it takes me so long to fixate on the decoy, maybe because I have bad aim lol, that by the time I get it i have caught up to it.

20 hours ago, krc473 said:

Unless you are placing your Decoy really far away, it is more than likely faster to run to it.

And i was specifically talking about when placing as far away as possible on the plains of eidolon.

I do see where you're coming from though. This tweak is not a need as loki still works great. nova can already do this, and she has a sprint speed Aug! Thanks for that tip!

...Although I still think it's a good idea.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)JehovanF said:

Although I still think it's a good idea.

I mean, I agree that they could do something else with switch teleport. It just seems a little pointless as is. I have not really used it for anything ever.

An easy get out of danger option might be beneficial. There may be better options too.

21 час назад, krc473 сказал:

If you are moving fast enough for it to be an issue, there is no benefit in updating teleport. Why not just run for that extra second or two and see if you reach your decoy - also account for the cast time of Switch Teleport. Personally, I see no benefit at all in this change.

You can place decoy more than 150+ meters away.

It's not just "a second" to run to.

Just now, -Temp0- said:

It's not just "a second" to run to.

It’s also not just a second to teleport to.

• Decoy cast time
  • Teleport cast time
  • Teleport animation.

The OP specified no distance (clarified now) so it was possible to cross the distance faster than teleporting.

• A decoy 10 m away is going to be faster to run to.

Только что, krc473 сказал:

It’s also not just a second to teleport to.

• Decoy cast time
  • Teleport cast time
  • Teleport animation.

The OP specified no distance (clarified now) so it was possible to cross the distance faster than teleporting.

• A decoy 10 m away is going to be faster to run to.

Even then it has way more uses than that - even if you forget that it would be SUPER useful to go fast on the plains.

A decoy you can blindly teleport to is your way to nope out of a sticky situation if you need it.