Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Warframe 'For Fans By Fans' Contest is Live!

[DE]Megan

Le 22/11/2017 à 22:13, DavidCurser a dit :

is it a popularity contest? how is the winner(s) determined? I see S#&$ designs get high votes and I question the system for it.

Near a popularity contest yup, because you have to tell it to all your friends to vote for ya to get more stars ^^

And the more you got, better you got chance to win.

If trolls don't shoot you on sight naturally :facepalm:

4 hours ago, Brasio337 said:

Near a popularity contest yup, because you have to tell it to all your friends to vote for ya to get more stars ^^

And the more you got, better you got chance to win.

If trolls don't shoot you on sight naturally :facepalm:

So basically its rigged. thers no jury and its all a hoax. thanks. good to know that.

On 11/22/2017 at 4:13 PM, DavidCurser said:

is it a popularity contest? how is the winner(s) determined? I see S#&$ designs get high votes and I question the system for it.

Yeah, looks like it. From the Fan Forge page:

Fan Forge is an open gallery for artists to submit their fan art and ideas of their favorite properties. There, your designs will be shared and rated by the community for the chance to become real officially licensed products. Selected artwork will earn a commission per item sold on our website through wholesale and at conventions.

So winning designs may not necessarily be "good" designs but they'll be ones with community appeal.

11 hours ago, DavidCurser said:

So basically its rigged. thers no jury and its all a hoax. thanks. good to know that.

Yeah I don't see any chance of me winning. No matter how good someone's work is, if you don't have a large audience to start with then theres no use. That was a fundamental flaw with the Saxxy Awards after 2011. 

30 minutes ago, Brasio337 said:

After that, I dunno exactly how it's made up : It's completely possible that DE vote also !

They probably select a bunch of design they think good, and pick the one wich get the most ^^

I'm pretty sure there is a post by [DE]Megan somewhere that says it will be down to DE staff votes, like how they pic the Art stuff on Twitch.

I entered the official FanForge Warframe T-Shirt Contest!  Thank you for a great contest idea DE!

I decided to enter with designs based on my favorite Warframe character - the Stalker!  I have two versions and probably will be working on a third with suggestions from you guys.

Feel free to check out these designs and provide a 5-star vote and perhaps a nice comment or so if you'd like to see them win! :)

Version 1: https://community.forfansbyfans.com/m/fan-forge/designs/Warframe-Fan-Forge/list/id-4094

4094.jpg-780x780.jpg

Version 2: https://community.forfansbyfans.com/m/fan-forge/designs/Warframe-Fan-Forge/list/id-4127

4127.jpg-780x780.jpg

I would like to know the details on voting system as well. I'd like to join the competition but I don't like to advertise myself too much and would hate for my work to get lost among other more promoted designs (with all due respect to the artists).

Edited by Edelsid

If the votes cast by the community do indeed determine the victor, this competition may be very flawed. For example, the winner may not be a good design by a good artist, but rather a design by a popular artist, someone who might have paraded himself or herself around to their extensive fanclub, automatically having more outreach, publicity and votes than someone who is a first timer.

Another tragic possibility is that these people who have a large outreach not only ask their followers to help vote up their work, but may bribe or send some people out to sabotage other artists. 

Also, this would be very unfair to artists who post at the last minute before the competition ends, because people may not have the time to cast their votes. 

I don't think the competition is that unstable, surely it can't be on community votes alone?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dylki said:

If the votes cast by the community do indeed determine the victor, this competition may be very flawed. For example, the winner may not be a good design by a good artist, but rather a design by a popular artist, someone who might have paraded himself or herself around to their extensive fanclub, automatically having more outreach, publicity and votes than someone who is a first timer.

Another tragic possibility is that these people who have a large outreach not only ask their followers to help vote up their work, but may bribe or send some people out to sabotage other artists. 

Also, this would be very unfair to artists who post at the last minute before the competition ends, because people may not have the time to cast their votes. 

I don't think the competition is that unstable, surely it can't be on community votes alone?

fanforge's logic is that they do this because its based upon what the fans want. still i'd like an official statement from DE or FanForge.

Just to clarify, there's a section in the Terms and Conditions that says that the contest is only open to citizens of the US and Canada,

Spoiler

6T7D77P.png

However, I have recently emailed the support team, and I received their reply which stated that this section of the T's and C's is outdated, so anyone from anywhere can participate! :heart:

Spoiler

hZ4Skns.png

I thought I'd share my designs here, so here we go!

Edited by Dylki

Since the votes on the Contest Page are frozen, i thought I can post my entries here for the heck of it. Maybe get some comments to it?

4038.jpg-780x780.jpg

4033.jpg-780x780.jpg

4010.jpg-780x780.jpg

4020.jpg-780x780.jpg

4019.jpg-780x780.jpg

4035.jpg-780x780.jpg

I know they are not SUPER detailed, since a contest by chance is not worth much effort. But I hope(d) I'd at least get to the top 5. What you guys think about it?

This is my first time submitting in a contest. I've been a Tenno since 2015 and being one has inspired much of my artwork. I was in college until now so I couldn't try any of these awesome contests. Now I have carpal Tunnel in both hands but I really wanted to knock this one out.

My design is awaiting approval so while I wait I wanted to see what you guys think!

0lEBeY8.jpg

zOCcOkz.jpg

I kept three things in mind while designing this.

1. Amount of ink and cost to print. If there is a super duper amount of color transitions and light to dark inks it will raise the cost to print, (I know they say it doesn't matter but it actually always does.) and having very heavy inks next to lighter inks and then broken up by empty fabric is what makes all of your favorite most detailed shirts wear out too fast.

2. TENNO is word only Warframe players know. I believe it also holds just enough curiosity to make someone who doesn't play ask me about it. Therefore, I left it in English.

3. This one is actually very important to me. We are all Tenno. We've all been through a lot in real life and in game. This sigil, in the game represents some hurt that unites all of us. We all have this scar (after a certain point in game) and now we can all wear it in our daily lives to remind us of the strength we actually possess. No matter what we face we are the Tenno and we ROCKED THAT S#&$.

Forgot there was a forum thread. Here was my design, I thought I'd make it more recognizable so people know its Warframe, but also made it mysterious so people will ask what it is. I got a friend into Warframe funny enough with my t-shirt design, he's been playing since.

https://community.forfansbyfans.com/m/fan-forge/designs/Warframe-Fan-Forge/list/id-3958

3958.jpg-780x780.jpg

3958_third.jpg-780x780.jpg