Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anti-Virus Doesnt like Launcher.exe

Zarlockk

Hi, not sure how about others but since last hotfix 22.3.2 my antivirus turned off warframe and quarantined warframe.x64.exe.

This happened twice in a row when I was extracting after doing event operation in PoE. Until this hotfix there was no such issue. Reason for this behavior is Trojan according to anti-virus. 

Every time this happens I need to restart my laptop and verify in order tog et warframe.x64.exe back.

Anti-virus I use is Dr.Web. I am using it for years and this happened only once before randomly several months ago. Now it happened twice in a row when i was extracting.

EDIT: For testing purposes ran capture on Earth and all was fine. Ran 3rd time Operation bounty and again same issue.

EDIT 2: Optimized download cache and updated to 22.3.3 solved this issue. Thank you DE for amazing job!

Edited by Zarlockk
typo+further testing

9 hours ago, Phazerade said:

You should be able to whitelist Warframes entire file network. If you do that your Anti-Virus shouldnt mess with it

I have done that(tried whitelisting exe file, and entire warframe folder) In both cases instead of termination and going into quarantine warframe simply crashes now during extraction.

Interesting fact is that progress does get saved. But I have to restarts the game every single time because of the crash.

Not sure how this is the case tbh. This was not happening until 22.3.2 and happens only with PoE extraction with bounty completed. If failed it works fine. 

Edited by Zarlockk

8 hours ago, Zarlockk said:

I have done that(tried whitelisting exe file, and entire warframe folder) In both cases instead of termination and going into quarantine warframe simply crashes now during extraction.

Interesting fact is that progress does get saved. But I have to restarts the game every single time because of the crash.

Not sure how this is the case tbh. This was not happening until 22.3.2 and happens only with PoE extraction with bounty completed. If failed it works fine. 

IF you fixed it after files were already deleted or isolated by your anti-virus, whats happening is Warframe is trying to access those files, and now that they aren't there, it is crashing.

I recommend a repair (or maybe even a reinstall) then trying to whitelist the folder