The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking for a new frame

(PSN)T3H0N3GUY

2 hours ago, (PS4)T3H0N3GUY said:

From what I've been told the only way to play him it's too be boring

That or use puddle then go see a movie because cc op 

You heard wrong!

If you strip armor with his 1, stuff melts so quickly in puddle thanks to scaling damage, you really don't have to sit in it for long. And his 2 gives you almost Volt-like speed which is super handy for PoE. Best of all, you can spam his abilities at line of sight which rocks in PoE.

On ‎16‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:23 AM, Vlada91 said:

Nidus and Excalibur are the best!

Excalibur isn't bad but not the best far from it. Nidus is ok on certain tilesets there is a way to 1shot multiple enemys regardless the lvl 1-9999 but you gotta play the right tilesets. Best & Most broken frames is ivara for solo or team she can do easy 500+ waves solo & 10+ hrs solo in survival

After a whole weekend of revisiting Nova, I can definitely recommend her too!

Messed around with a balanced build (155 duration/range, 145 strength, 175 efficiency) and the antimatter absorb augment in POE and MOT. Holy batman I should have tried this mod earlier! You get around 50sec of molecular prime duration and 50m range...which is good enough and also allows you to play her in survivals where more duration sucks. Best of all though, the good efficiency allows me to spam antimatter drop...creating a ton of shields around me. I can charge AMD quickly myself, so don't use it to get enemy support for that...but it's an amazing mod for defence.

I can just run with an AMD all over POE while stuff from the air shoots at me pointlessly. Paired with the damage reduction from her 1, the get out of jail card provided by portals and ability to nuke everything in a 15m radius around you...well, not as squishy as I remember her. Just takes a lot of practice to juggle all those AMD in the air.  

I never used to jump head on into a group of enemies with her due to the squishiness...but now that I'm in an AMD shield ball, I can go totally nuts with her. Also, because I'm not gimping my range like with the standard slova setup, my portals are actually useful and give me around 75m. 

PS: To those saying AMD is slow....stop constantly aiming at the ball or close to it! 

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

On 11/17/2017 at 2:19 AM, (PS4)T3H0N3GUY said:

From what I've been told the only way to play him it's too be boring

That or use puddle then go see a movie because cc op 

Not true puddle is not necessary for content below like 60? Or 70? His 1 2 and 4 with sparing 3s and have fun without having op cc/damage.

You should stop listening to the negatives of a frame as most can be reduced to a boring play style that many wont like to be effective.

On 11/19/2017 at 10:04 AM, (Xbox One)VexionZ II said:

Excalibur isn't bad but not the best far from it. Nidus is ok on certain tilesets there is a way to 1shot multiple enemys regardless the lvl 1-9999 but you gotta play the right tilesets. Best & Most broken frames is ivara for solo or team she can do easy 500+ waves solo & 10+ hrs solo in survival

i got excalibur and nidus :smile:

I haven't played with Nidus yet, but I do enjoy Inaros and Hydroid a lot. Just to be clear, when people say that Hydroid's 1 strips armor is that always or with the tempest barrage augment? Thanks.

I find Hydroid a lot of fun to play, and honestly, the only times that I really use his 3 is as a sort of defensive mechanism right before I think I'm going to die.

Edited by (PS4)JohnnyPersia

2 hours ago, (PS4)JohnnyPersia said:

I haven't played with Nidus yet, but I do enjoy Inaros and Hydroid a lot. Just to be clear, when people say that Hydroid's 1 strips armor is that always or with the tempest barrage augment? Thanks.

I find Hydroid a lot of fun to play, and honestly, the only times that I really use his 3 is as a sort of defensive mechanism right before I think I'm going to die.

You need corroding barrage to strip armor...but it's totally worth fitting. 

If you fit that mod, strip armor with your 1 before drowning stuff in the puddle...everything will die in seconds, even at very high levels. Puddle damage scales with enemy health (read: indefinitely!) but is based on impact damage which sucks against armor...so you definitely need to strip it first to really make the most of Hydroid's face-melting damage.