Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon Host migration progress loss

-Renoa-

When host migration fails during a PoE run, kicks you back to Cetus and all mission progress is lost. Standing, affinity, items, all that. 

Suggestion: Create your own individual instance so you can extract safely.

Please fix asap.

Edited by -Renoa-

This is soo anoying, today i had 5 games in a row with hosts leaving party immediatly after objective is done, thus forcing us to migrate first.

I'd like to see some punishment for leaving a party as a host or atlest a timer with 2 minutes so it will be faster to get to the exit with everyone else rather than being a $&*^ to everyone else, right now they just throw off ballast and they are good to go without any consequences, while other 3 stuck in loadings

Farmed a Teralyst for half an hour only to be host migrated after it was killed. No rewards. No loot. Only one Kick in the Ballsack.

Post above should have been implemented since day one.

Unbelievable.

Edited by Bl4s3

On 11/16/2017 at 7:31 PM, W4rF0X said:

They should do that in general: A backup solo session, so you dont loose your progress when connection gets lost.

Session state should be persisted server-side, not client-side. It's an conceptual problem of the whole session system that is currently in place and 100% reliable on one client machine being host. That was acceptable for quick mission runs with one single goal/objective but Eidolon no longer fits into the picture at all.

It should be possible to freely join and leave sessions and rewards get instantly server-side rewarded to player accounts as soon as a bounty is completed. The "Abort mission" button basically replaced with a "Return to Cetus" one. But this also means a major redesign (better complete new) session system, that is persisting account states and mission states server-side ... which will not happen for two reasons: It costs money to create that code and it will bring no platinum sales like boosters or prime access. It costs money to expand server capacities for the additional load and storage requirement and it will bring no platinum sales like boosters or prime access. We are literally stuck with this sub optimal system and it likely will never be implemented/designed correctly, just some duct tape here and there to hold it barely together like the last years ;-).

Happened to me again a few minutes ago, and once earlier today as well. Do a bounty, finish up, host player gets to the airlock first and disconnects. Host migration, session unavailable, all progress lost.

This is now happening at least half the time I go out into the plains. How is it okay for 3 people to lose all progress after a long mission because one person leaves? Can we please, PLEASE get a fix on this???

3 hours ago, MaxiTB said:

We are literally stuck with this sub optimal system and it likely will never be implemented/designed correctly, just some duct tape here and there to hold it barely together like the last years ;-).

∧ This should be in the front page and helped me quell my saltiness over my experience with POE. DE is making players piss each other off with this hosting system. Warframe made enough revenue to fund a new game TAE, and they were at the top 100 of Steams best gross revenue. They could of tried to hire programmers to fix host migrations, and chose not to.

When i received my "Killed first Teralyst" achievement, host migration happens, i lost every drop but the achievement. Perhaps the "fun" was in the fight, yea? But, we need to have those drops to upgrade our operator so we can redo the same exact fight.... DE, allocate funds to the "FIX GAME" department by 800%.

- Paying customer

• 1 month later...

This is just frustrating...

I play on a potato laptop atm, solo cores farming session about 45 minutes in, 80 cores farmed and my game decides to crashes, laptop reboots and I'm back in the orbiter... I got exactly 0 rewards for a damn good 45 mins run... And don't even get me started on host migration... As my laptop is pretty much garbage it can barely handle loading the plains and Cetus gate once.

Host migration happens, new loading screen, session aborted, no rewards...

• 1 month later...

finally had a good time. we beated that eidolon in only 15 minutes. my last free 15 minutes cuz i got college stuff to do. Everything i got in that hunt is now all gone. Just poof. Just because a stupid host left. I really like warframe but its these kinds of things that really make me hate it sometimes. no matter how much money you spend on your computer to make it as good as possible, these horrible host migrations wont ever get better

Want to report problem too.

We fought the Teralyst for 50 mins, managed to break all 4 limbs (not himself unfortunately) then we wanted to extract.

Only seen that one player left squad then I was back to the docks of cetus, seeing only the rewards from my last bounty.

So me and probably the other ones lost all sentient cores, so 50mins for waste :(.

Hope this get solved quickly. I presume there is no way to restore the lost reward / session?

Well I'm going to bed now, because I'm angry for playing 50mins for nothing, would have been my second rank by onko.

Please DE fix this issue, it is really depressing.

Edited by The-Lain

Want to add to this issue.

Ran a pug group.. Found and beat the teralyst. 
Summoned the gantulyst, beat him
Summoned hydrolyst.. took 3 out of 4 limbs..

Out of nowhere, I get a "Host migration in progress" followed by red text flashing "Network not responding"

Next thing I know I am standing in cetus while group is still fighting. They are unable to invite me back because they keep getting the message "Objective is complete"

And here I am having wasted all that time for nothing..

Please fix this issue DE. Its annoying.

Off to bed hoping tomorrow will be better.

• 3 weeks later...

Same here, i almost @(*()$ cried when i lost everything.

First time fighting a teralyst and winning

first time fighting a gigantulyst and winning

we lost to the hydrolyst, i wanted to extract and so did the others, host ragequits and we get #*($%%@.

feelsbadman

• 3 weeks later...

One more case.
Fought tridolons with randoms. Captured all of them. But host has left right before we got loot from Hydrolyst. And last three of us were left without loot from him.
It was not completly bad, because we still got loot from Gunty and Terry.
But it definitely could be better.

• 3 months later...

that's what people do. they do it on purpose to try and make people lose the loot. last one i did was 2 host migrations at the end and sent me back to cetus with nothing. done with it. keep your arcanes, i can solo everything in this game without them punks.

This has happened to me almost every single session on plains now. especially at the end of the night. I just went fishing during last 10 min and caught a few norgs after explaining how to leave party and that host SHOULD NOT LEAVE without telling us first so we could "leave session" which by the way will bug out fish spawns and mining nodes whether done via forced migration due to host departure, or migration due to leaving session to solo match.

This has happened to me several times a day for "tridolon" hunting. I have lost more focus in the form of various tiered eidolon shards and approximately 6 hours worth of time in game in the past 2 weeks alone. I'm *()&(@#$ng sick of this S*(&T.

Seriously, as a player since 2014 this is unacceptable. I've played raids and honestly the bugs in that were far less obtrusive or interrupting to the game experience than these ones. At least with raids most bugs were able to be handled and missions could be completed despite bugs that arose.

Not to mention the variety of game mechanics was far more refreshing than eidolon which is literally the same thing done 3 times except with more health and taking more damage plus a major time limit to beat.

Overall I loved the eidolon experience initially, but missed raids and am now HATING eidolons and plains in general. Plus DE is planning on rolling out another Venus variant of plains. I'm sorry but you have no business doing that until you fix what is making over half the players waste time on successfully completing missions but losing rewards due to host departure or game crashes.

I say that because I'm fairly certain that the venus variant will use the same system. Don't put in new content using a broken system. fix the system THEN implement the content.

Please, I'm begging ya to make warframe great again. I'd love to run as host but my load times are terrible and I don't have that many people to run with. So I'm stuck with public runs and host migrations.

Please stop wasting our time and fix the progress loss issue for host migration! This is one of the reasons many players have stopped playing plains altogether or just outright hate it.

I'll be submitting my files in a bug report immediately following this message along with a list of player names and approximate time of host migration along with screenshot of error message and description of actions that followed.

Please, don't let us down. The future of the game depends upon this.

This just happened to me after my group summoned the Gantulyst. Suddenly host migration leading to network issue despite the host of the party not dropping, and I'm back in Cetus wondering where all my loot from the Teralyst went. Knowing that this has been an issue for months now frustrates me even more because people have been bringing this issue up and it still hasn't been fixed.