Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Console] Operation Plague Star: FAQ

aidan890

Hello Tenno! 

Just wanted to make this post here to clear up some common questions we have received about the event. 

FAQ about Operation: Plague Star:

“How do I participate in Operation Plague Star?”

Operation Plague Star can be accessed by speaking with Konzu in Cetus. The first Bounty listed in his menu will be “Operation Plague Star.”

“Where do I turn in my Operational Supply?”

Operational Supply earned from completing Operation Plague Star can be turned in to Nakak, Cetus’ oddities vendor by selecting “Operational Supply.”

“Does my daily Standing cap affect my Operational Supply gain?”

No, the Operational Supply earned in the event is not affected by your daily cap.

“How do I summon Hemocyte to earn the Hunter Mod Set?”

The Hemocyte enemy can be spawned by mixing the “Infested Catalyst” into the toxin during Stage 2 of the bounty. The “Infested Catalyst” can be crafted after Researching the reusable blueprint found in your Dojo’s Bio Lab. Make sure you equip it in your Gear tab! 

“How do I use the Eidolon Phylaxis to increase my Standing gain?”

The Eidolon Phylaxis can be mixed into the toxin during stage 2 of the bounty to increase its lethality and increase your Standing gain. They can be crafted using a reusable blueprint available for purchase once you reach the “Collaborator” rank (rank 1) in the Operational Supply Syndicate. Make sure you equip it in your Gear tab! 

“Why is there no Leaderboard for this event?”

We focused on adding the Operation Supply Syndicate to this event instead of the competitive aspects. We have been thinking about how to best implement competitive clan events and, as always, constructive feedback is welcome here for future releases! 

“Will I be able to build the Trophies for my Dojo after the event is over?”

Yes, you will be able to find the trophies in your Dojo Decorations menu after the event ends, and will be able to build them as long as you have enough Hemocyte to do so.

“Are any items event exclusive?”

Nope! Rewards in Operation Plague Star will return in future events. This means that the Infested Zaw parts will be re-obtainable in future events.

"Is my progress/rank in the Operational Supply Syndicate saved?"

Yes, your rank in the Operational Supply Syndicate will be saved when the event ends and is carried forward.

"Will my earned Standing in the Operational Supply Syndicate carry forward?"

No, your Standing will not carry forward so be sure to spend it all while you can! 

"It seems expensive to rank up in the Operational Supply Syndicate, is that intended?"

We are fixing this, the rank-up costs for Syndicate progression are much higher than we had planned. Stay tuned for an additional PSA on this change. 

EDIT:  Here is the PSA mentioned above: 

For More information please refer to the Operation’s forum thread or your in-game Navigation menu.

5 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

We focused on adding the Operation Supply Syndicate to this event instead of the competitive aspects. We have been thinking about how to best implement competitive clan events and, as always, constructive feedback is welcome here for future releases! 

This is a PvE Co-Op oriented game. Stop adding competitive elements, this isn't Overwatch.

11 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

"It seems expensive to rank up in the Operational Supply Syndicate, is that intended?"

We are fixing this, the rank-up costs for Syndicate progression are much higher than we had planned. Stay tuned for an additional PSA on this change. 

If and when this changes, will it be retroactive for anyone that's already ranked up?🤔

I'm not a fan of the clan tie in. I'm in a larger clan that is fairly inactive or mostly new players so the crafting cost is fairly high and lands mostly on my and few others shoulders. I guess I need to quit and go somewhere else so I can fully participate in future events? Maybe we should start kicking people.

...Not well thought out.

6 minutes ago, Ceryk said:

This is a PvE Co-Op oriented game. Stop adding competitive elements, this isn't Overwatch.

As this is an FAQ, we simply hoped to answer questions that we received in higher volumes. The Leaderboard question was quite common so we hoped to shed some light on our decisions. "Competitive" in the event sense really just means competition between clans for higher scores, not PvP.

2 minutes ago, i_Lex said:

Just a question, is the rift sigil going to be obtainable in this event? Knowing that the last events had a small drop chance for it (if im not mistaken)

Otherwhise, when will it make it's return?

The Rift Sigil does not appear as a reward in this event, and unfortunately I don't have anything to share right now.

3 minutes ago, i_Lex said:

Just a question, is the rift sigil going to be obtainable in this event? Knowing that the last events had a small drop chance for it (if im not mistaken)

Otherwhise, when will it make it's return?

This! It will be such a nice thing if the rift sigil will make a comeback!  Seen the answer just now. Thanks Aidan. 

1 minute ago, [DE]Aidan said:

The Rift Sigil does not appear as a reward in this event, and unfortunately I don't have anything to share right now.

Does "Does not" also imply that it's return will not be during this event at all? Or is there still a possibility that it might? (Just going on the basis of words :P)

20 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

Will there be a script of any kind for players who already/will have already paid the progression costs?

47 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

I don't understand. How can the rank-up cost be higher than you planned? Somebody had to set those values or am I missing something. And nobody on the team noticed that this wasn't the "planned" cost until now?

Any chance of giving the infested handles some unique trait, like how the strikes come with viral on top of IPS? As it is now, they don't really feel worthy of being put out next to the strikes, or even as an event reward in general.

yea a lil more challenge would be nice. for once we did think it would be That Easy... and its kinda... a disappointment. kinda... making you "Restrain enthusiasm" about it.  but just Dreading to do more a grind X_X (ok i'll stop w/ the puns, no need to put people into Despair...just dont goto War about it..)

Archived