Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't verify integrity of game files on steam

Gabbynaru

Question

Hey!

So, the Warframe Launcher has been behaving really strangely for a while now, it just hangs for a very long time before the play button appears, and it's really annoying. I kept trying to fix it by verifying and optimizing the cache in the launcher, but, no deal, so, I decided to take the almost-nuclear option, and verify the integrity of the game files on steam.

Unfortunately, it seems that's not an option, as the option is greyed out. I have not had this happen so far, so, I don't know how to fix it. Therefore, any help is very welcome. Restarting steam doesn't work.

Thank you very much!

Pic:

Spoiler

eM9oDp9.png

Edited by Gabbynaru

6 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Unfortunately, it seems that's not an option, as the option is greyed out. I have not had this happen so far, so, I don't know how to fix it. Therefore, any help is very welcome. Restarting steam doesn't work.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that Steam and WF have different build versions on them. It causes issues with game cache verification through steam. It used to just force you to download the entire game again if you hit Verify in steam. This could have been changed to prevent this.

You can just uninstall and reinstall WF, that would basically have the same effect.

NEVER verify from steam, the version they have is not up to date most of the time, if you do you end doing a rollback, and the game launcher will have to update again.

The launcher taking time could be server side, just be patient, If all else fails (if the game doesnt start at all) try on/off some of the launcher options like 64bits mode, dx10, dx 11, and so on, one at a time. This usually works for me (happended twice on the past)

Edited by GordoFreeman

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

I seem to recall reading somewhere that Steam and WF have different build versions on them. It causes issues with game cache verification through steam. It used to just force you to download the entire game again if you hit Verify in steam. This could have been changed to prevent this.

You can just uninstall and reinstall WF, that would basically have the same effect.

Yeah, I remember that verifying the cache on steam used to redownload the game, which I am fine with. But I fear I might lose my settings if I uninstall the game, which is why I proffered the cache option. Do you have any idea if I will lose the settings by uninstalling? Cause if I don't, then I have no problem with a reinstall.

For starters, no idea how to fix that issue. But,

Steam just has a very basic version of warframe. Verifying using that would only end up comparing the game with an old version. steam goes like "hey, this is different" and will overwrite part of your files with old stuff. then you would start the launcher and that would then have to update those old files. all in all with the chance the the problem wont even be fixed.

Most Reply above can be verified if you were to look up "WarFrame Launcher Update Error". 

Yes, make sense. 

Anyhow, just be careful with Steam, like "Linking", which might be different for WarFrames, and other Games.

Save Files don't really delete themselves, and not mainly found in the "Steam Apps" Folders.

Just now, DesFrSpace said:

Most Reply above can be verified if you were to look up "WarFrame Launcher Update Error". 

Yes, make sense. 

Anyhow, just be careful with Steam, like "Linking", which might be different for WarFrames, and other Games.

Save Files don't really delete themselves, and not mainly found in the "Steam Apps" Folders.

I don't have a "Launcher Update Error" though, the Launcher just stays at "Checking for new content" for a good few minutes, which is a rather annoying, but nowhere near as serious as the error you mentioned.

Thank you for the last point though! Makes me feel better about uninstalling and reinstalling it.