The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are there any guns that are not effected by Stasis?

2Peter3Nine

Question

13 answers to this question

All guns are affected by it...which makes sense because the melee bonus is pretty sick once you look into it. Status procs never end as long as stasis is up which is pretty sick...and further amplified by Limbo being able to get 1000-3000%+ melee damage bonuses with rift torrent. He's a melee monster, which kinda has to come at a trade-off or it would be totally OP. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

All guns are affected by it...which makes sense because the melee bonus is pretty sick once you look into it

Whenever I see a Limbo bubbling out comes the melee weapon and I'm just popping out to take out Nullifiers.

it's actually crazy fun and a great change of pace!  And Limbo mains need community love to make up for all the dweebs in PUGs that complain about people using their powers instead of thinking 'how do I synergize with this?' (Seriously, as far as I'm concerned they're not playing the same game, and their game is way less fun than mine...plus they're being jerks.)

8 minutes ago, FreeWilliam said:

Whenever I see a Limbo bubbling out comes the melee weapon and I'm just popping out to take out Nullifiers.

it's actually crazy fun and a great change of pace!  And Limbo mains need community love to make up for all the dweebs in PUGs that complain about people using their powers instead of thinking 'how do I synergize with this?' (Seriously, as far as I'm concerned they're not playing the same game, and their game is way less fun than mine...plus they're being jerks.)

I've only started playing less than half a year ago...and at first I got soooooooooooooooooooo much hate playing Limbo, even if I went out of my way to not impede their game play.

This has definitely changed in recent weeks though. I'm actually seeing more people use my rift portals and actively seeking out my cataclysm...both for energy regen and to join the melee bashing. 

He synergizes sooooooooo well with a lot of frames, especially those with great damage abilities. I can keep Banshee totally safe for example, and her stuff works through the rift. Same with Nidus, Equinox, Saryn and Mesa. All of those frames benefit greatly from the extra energy and safety Limbo provides. He's just not that straightforward to figure out because there are so many little cool weapon/ability interactions.

For example, you can totally set yourself up with a nice life strike burst tank because slash procs remain active as long as stasis is up...so as long as the enemy you whack doesn't die, he'll act as life support for Limbo if he's forced to fight outside the bubble. 

Everyone whether they play Limbo or not should watch the following video...would make it so much easier for both parties to adapt and benefit from Limbo: 

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

1 hour ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

This has definitely changed in recent weeks though. I'm actually seeing more people use my rift portals and actively seeking out my cataclysm...both for energy regen and to join the melee bashing. 

I wonder if this is a side effect to the Zenurik changes?  Apparently we had a lot of vets with some very energy-sloppy builds!

He synergizes sooooooooo well with a lot of frames

All of this!  One of my favorite parts of this game is the crazy frame synergies we can come up with.  It'd be cool to have an alliance or clan or something where that and random-acts-of-senseless-kindness to lowbies are part of their identity.  I haven't found one yet but the demand sure seems there!

Limbo in particular seems to have some of the best synergies.  I'm an alt-aholic but closest to a Nyx main, and one of my first really good duo/synergy experiences was with a Limbo.  We were both somewhat new but he was bright and we were positively murderous when we got going.

Hey...just thought of something I'd never tried.  What does Ferrox's alt-fire do if you drop it at the edge of Limbo's bubble?  I've been really having fun with that lately as an opening move!  I even sometimes don't equip a secondary so I can insta-swap to melee (works great!)

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

Some stuff you do inside the bubble influences stuff outside...like Pox clouds ;)

Not sure about the Ferrox.

Sounds like I've got me a test to do this evening!

And yeah, I didn't realize how good the pox was with Limbo until recently.  Pretty much turned nullifiers into a non-issue, they just happily walk into it while their bubble pops.  :)

I really need to play him more!

Oh: And fun fact...you use the sword and chain to yank dudes into your bubble.  It's like having a mini-mag :)

Edited by FreeWilliam

1 minute ago, FreeWilliam said:

Sounds like I've got me a test to do this evening!

And yeah, I didn't realize how good the pox was with Limbo until recently.  Pretty much turned nullifiers into a non-issue, they just happily walk into it while their bubble pops.  :)

I really need to play him more!

Oh: And fun fact...you use the sword and chain to yank dudes into your bubble.  It's like having a mini-mag :)

Or pair him up with a Nidus...that way he can use his squid through Cataclysm to suck in enemies all around. Most OP team ever, especially if you also add an Equinox, Saryn, Mesa or Banshee ;)

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

Or pair him up with a Nidus...that way he can use his squid through Cataclysm to suck in enemies all around. Most OP team ever, especially if you also add an Equinox, Saryn, Mesa or Banshee ;)

And when I Nidus I tend to go max range min duration to spaghetti everyone into a ball and then make lots of death happen... I'm surprised I haven't tried this yet!

Limbo can take a LOT of teams over the top, especially if you have somebody popping nullifiers!

Maybe the community could start coming up with some color codes for people that want to synergize...like using a goldish power color or wearing that Tenno heart thing upside down like a belt.  It would be nice for those of us who are against the idea of 'frame hate' to be instantly recognized.

5 minutes ago, FreeWilliam said:

And when I Nidus I tend to go max range min duration to spaghetti everyone into a ball and then make lots of death happen... I'm surprised I haven't tried this yet!

Limbo can take a LOT of teams over the top, especially if you have somebody popping nullifiers!

Maybe the community could start coming up with some color codes for people that want to synergize...like using a goldish power color or wearing that Tenno heart thing upside down like a belt.  It would be nice for those of us who are against the idea of 'frame hate' to be instantly recognized.

I actually switched to medium range (155) in favor of more duration. The more duration you have, the longer your maggots are out...and those little dudes help MASSIVELY with stack-building and especially damage. Don't wanna leave that damage on the table and 155 range is enough...even in PoE I rarely feel like I need more. 

I'm a Nidus main...but Limbo, Ivara, Ash and Wukong are alts I use almost as much. 

Totally surprised by how awesome Nidus is in PoE. If you link up, you can't be knocked down...which helps A LOT when it comes to dealing with aerial bombardments. 

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

I actually switched to medium range (155) in favor of more duration. The more duration you have, the longer your maggots are out...and those little dudes help MASSIVELY with stack-building and especially damage. Don't wanna leave that damage on the table and 155 range is enough...even in PoE I rarely feel like I need more. 

For me the decision point here is Larva...it's kind of the opposite of Vauban's 4 because it grabs enemies based on who was in range when you cast rather than gathering new enemies that get too close.  So when I keep the duration low I can spam the 2 more, and once I finish building up stacks then I'm more about using Larva to bring balls of baddies into melee range (it's the most efficient way to melee, right?) 

That being said, low duration means you don't get to have much fun with the link and that turns into work, so it's kind of a playstyle changing decision...the lower the duration the more balls of enemies but the less you get out of your 3 and 4. I also tend to use something that procs gas when I'm in low duration mode.

Totally surprised by how awesome Nidus is in PoE. If you link up, you can't be knocked down...which helps A LOT when it comes to dealing with aerial bombardments. 

You really should be in the PC Master race, I suspect we'd have fun making all the bad guys nap together! :)

And you hit on why Atlas has come back into rotation too.  I swear he has the best passive in the game (other than perhaps Limbo)