Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zenistar QoL improvement

ConzyFTW

The zenistar is an amazing weapon, it’s simply a hassle to use sometimes however. I’d love if, much like the glaive weapons, we could charge attack without having to swap. So we could keep the disc out more effectively and efficiently without the constant nagging of having to swap weapons. Let me know if you guys agree.

so make an lazy op weapon ( yes i have one)  more op an lazy, drop it stay sit and carry the team, never notice how many people even having the zeni don't use it on mission?

even if they have it they don't like it, like octavia, op yeah, fun? no really, what's the point? XD

for me is already too much like this, put gas on and infected/corpus can't even come close, put corrosive and grineer are done, too much.

Edited by Raynalle

15 minutes ago, Raynalle said:

so make an lazy op weapon ( yes i have one)  more op an lazy, drop it stay sit and carry the team, never notice how many people even having the zeni don't use it on mission?

even if they have it they don't like it, like octavia, op yeah, fun? no really, what's the point? XD

for me is already too much like this, put gas on and infected/corpus can't even come close, put corrosive and grineer are done, too much.

If I’m to understand that mess of a paragraph, I’m kind of understanding that you’re calling the weapon lazy and overpowered. Comparing it to a variety of other melee weapons, it falls off relatively quick. It’s only saving grace is it’s status which is useful for cc and consistent Armor stripping. 

At mid-late game enemies will basically one shot you, giving hardly any time for you to swap weapons. Let alone the tedious nature of having to swap weapons every 45 seconds to put a new disk down. Either the disk timer should be doubled, or we should be able to charge it without swapping weapons. The mechanics already exist and it wouldn’t make the weapon any stronger in reality, it’s simply a massive quality of life change 

Would you rather it remains as-is or the damage goes down and you can charge from quick melee.

Note this would mean this particular Heavy Melee would act different to every other Heavy Melee. The whole point of gunblades is shooting them, so you can charge in quick melee. Same with Blade and Whips and Glaives. Feel free to articulate why Heavy Melee weapons need to charge from quick melee as a whole, or that this particular one should be different from every other one.

16 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Would you rather it remains as-is or the damage goes down and you can charge from quick melee.

Note this would mean this particular Heavy Melee would act different to every other Heavy Melee. The whole point of gunblades is shooting them, so you can charge in quick melee. Same with Blade and Whips and Glaives. Feel free to articulate why Heavy Melee weapons need to charge from quick melee as a whole, or that this particular one should be different from every other one.

I think it should stay the same as the trade-off for the power it provides. Though I feel as though your statement doesnt really fit. You are asking why it should be treated differently than every other Heavy Melee, when it already is different than every other Heavy Melee. That's what a unique mechanic is, it's different. So I would certainly see them letting it throw out from charged quick melee.

Edited by Azlen

26 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Compared to a majority of the heavy blade melee weapons, the zenistar has mediocre stats. The disk is it’s only saving grace. As previously stated as well, the disc being thrown from quick melee doesn’t make the weapon any more powerful, you’re still just going to throw the disc any how. It simply makes it much more convenient to throw and saves that extra, unneeded button mashing every 45 seconds to swap to your melee weapon and throw it. 

Given the fact that at mid-late game, enemies will be one shotting you and the damage from the zenistar will fall off, it’s basically A death sentence to swap to the zenistar and throw it in an optimal position. This makes the disc essentially suicidal to use at higher levels, mitigating it’s main benefit, it’s cc. 

• 2 weeks later...

The zenistar is an amazing weapon, it’s simply a hassle to use sometimes however. I’d love if, much like the glaive weapons, we could charge attack without having to swap. So we could keep the disc out more effectively and efficiently without the constant nagging of having to swap weapons. Let me know if you guys agree.

And here I thought you wanted a buff for the weapon itself and not for the disc. Bamboozled again i guess. The disc is fine as it is, getting a free 40s aoe killing wave or cc wave  just for swapping a weapon is a steal deal. 

Edited by aligatorno

8 minutes ago, ConzyFTW said:

Sad copy paste pal ... stop posting the same over and over .

8 minutes ago, ConzyFTW said:

Why not? Lmao. Gets the point out there after a dead thread. 

tumblr_mxvlklEl1i1rnrreio1_400.gif

Clearly the thread died for a reason. Nekro'ing old threads just gets them locked. 

On topic: Zenistar is one of the more powerful melees, and I think it is fine the way it is. Azima on the other hand ....

Edited by --Q--Voltage

13 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

tumblr_mxvlklEl1i1rnrreio1_400.gif

Clearly the thread died for a reason. Nekro'ing old threads just gets them locked. 

On topic: Zenistar is one of the more powerful melees, and I think it is fine the way it is. Azima on the other hand ....

Can I stalk u? :clem: I tried to stalk @MagPrime but she didn't appreciate me :sad: 

Edited by (PS4)s3d_sas

5 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

afp.gif

Sorry. I assumed your gender.

MagPrime is a person who may or may not be a she, but has referred to themself as 'she' in the past. They are well within their right to change their mind at any time, and I'm sure we'll all love them regardless of their gender.

That should be enough to not have @tnccs215 tear me a new one, right?

Edited by DeMonkey

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Zenistar needs a better looking skin. 

I am a fan of the Dominion skin design as well as the default Zenistar. I think the Dominion skin on zenistar should have a scale slider given that looking obnoxiously big isn't great all the time.

Edited by --Q--Voltage