Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reporting Racist pet names?

(PSN)zero1872001

Lots of very defensive responses to a pretty straightforward and legitimate question. More than a little projection going on, I'd say. 

The whole "don't let it bother you" response is ridiculous. This is a multiplayer game supported by a private studio. It's not a forum for free speech Edgelords. 

Edited by Kemenril

Wow, people are being so ridiculous right now, the guy asked how to report someone for an inappropriate name, he got the answer, then someone got offended that he was going to report someone for something that DE would have the last word on (If it was really racist they would make him change it, if it wasn't, nothing would happen) and this crap started.

What the hell is going on with this community???

1 minute ago, Dwolfknight said:

Wow, people are being so ridiculous right now, the guy asked how to report someone for an inappropriate name, he got the answer, then someone got offended that he was going to report someone for something that DE would have the last word on (If it was really racist they would make him change it, if it wasn't, nothing would happen) and this crap started.

I'm new here, and before coming here, my MMO friends reassured me that this place was much friendlier than most. 

Instead, I'm seeing a lot of the same sophomoric MRA bulls*it I've seen pretty much everywhere else online. Person asks how to report racism: apparently that's too much for people who...love...racism? I dunno. I guess I missed the memo about the First Amendment Grind we're all trying to master. 

Sad, because there has been a few very helpful people as well. Hard to remember them amidst the ridiculous grandstanding. 

1 minute ago, Kemenril said:

I'm new here, and before coming here, my MMO friends reassured me that this place was much friendlier than most. 

Instead, I'm seeing a lot of the same sophomoric MRA bulls*it I've seen pretty much everywhere else online. Person asks how to report racism: apparently that's too much for people who...love...racism? I dunno. I guess I missed the memo about the First Amendment Grind we're all trying to master. 

Sad, because there has been a few very helpful people as well. Hard to remember them amidst the ridiculous grandstanding. 

Literally 2 months ago this was one of the best community ever (not perfect, but great), I don't know whats happening

41 minutes ago, Dwolfknight said:

I seriously hope it's not related to the influx of new players for PoE, let's just hope it's a phase. 

I'm kind of surprised this thread is still going, op got their answer and the rest of the replies don't help. 

Edited by Rogue_Striker

To what should be to no one's surprise, using slurs, excessive profanity, racist or sexist remarks will get you a warning (and possibly get your posting restricted) here on the forums. Using it in the in game chat will get you a swift kick by Kickbot (or worse, a chat ban by a chat moderator). This should tell you that this sort of speech is not allowed on the forums or in the game. 

So what should this mean? It means that using the name of your own pet to post or say language that's derogatory, racist, sexist, or so on is a very bad idea. You're not 'being clever' or 'exercising your freedom of speech' by bypassing chat filters or the normal 'report post' or 'report player' systems implemented on the forums or in the game. All you're doing is violating the rules, plain and simple.

Warframe is no place for hate speech, period. If you see it happening, report it through the appropriate channels. If it happens in game, screenshot it and send the screenshot in with a support ticket. If it happens here on the forums, use the "Report Post" button at the top right of the post in question.

And to those who say "Suck it up buttercup" or "Learn to be tolerant" or "Golly you have such thin skin"? Tolerating intolerance is a very, very bad mindset, and possibly the worst thing you can do. Here's a handy comic of the paradox surrounding tolerance and why it's a good thing to be intolerant of intolerance (reporting players using hate speech) in order to foster tolerance:

DHaIFwbV0AEDV8u.jpg:large

Cheers.