Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for Watching Devstream #101!

[DE]Rebecca

While the proposition for Slash and Puncture may work well after some reviewing and polish, the Impact one is what I'm still concerned about, and frankly not happy about the current idea they brainstormed on the spot.

Keep in mind that it's still early stage and they only mentioned IDEAS during the Devstream, and that I'm FULLY AWARE of that fact. However, pre-release feedback is a good way to prevent something instead of having to cure it later on.

Devstream segment relevant to my topic:

Spoiler

DE's current early-stage idea for Impact proc tiers
- Tier 1: Short stagger
- Tier 2: Long stagger
- Tier 3: Knockdown
- Tier 4: Ragdoll

Suggestions (with feedback given by my friend @KitsuAccalia)
- Tier 1: Long Stagger
- Tier 2: "Sonar-like" stun (approx duration of 2 seconds) --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMiTq4s0ago&feature=youtu.be&t=44s 
- Tier 3: "Sonar-like" stun with small radial blast that gives Tier 1 stagger, with a chance to trigger Tier 2 stagger depending on your status chance (especially if it goes over 100% maybe)

Reasoning
- Ragdoll and Knockdown, if triggered on ranged weapons, can make aiming more annoying, while the "Sonar-like" stagger diminishes that more.
- Ragdoll's current physics are way too buggy and unreliable
- We already have Blast to cover Knockdown. If you want Ragdoll, add it to Blast's higher tier status procs instead.
- Replacing any form of knockdown and ragdoll by a longer stun allows for more consistent DPS, and is important if you're using a shorter range melee
- We already have lots of WF powers performing knockdowns or ragdolls that can sometimes be detrimental to DPS, such as Zephyr's Tornado and Inaros' Sandstorm. It's equally bad for melee and ranged weapons IMO, and it will be worse if it's an innate effect in weapons due to IPS being more generalized than a few WF powers.

Archived