Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #101 Overview.

[DE]Taylor

Nice. Thanks for the overview. :)

Quick questions: Are the 'Megalysts' (hope I got that right) have the same drop table as the teralysts or they have a complete different drop table?

Do we need to approach the Megalyst differently or is it the same mechanic with the Teralyst? (beisdes the new attacks and everything new compared to its original part)

Thanks for the Overview.

The one thing i would have liked to know more about is the next Prime frame.

It might still be some time till then but there have been some speculations about it being Mirage, Zephyr or even Mesa. With Mesa being the less likely candidate, which would still be on my most wanted list, the entire community would still like to know more details, i'm sure.

Hmm... Mirage Revisited/Mirage Prime or just a little ability touch-up for our local space jester? The little present she creates is cute, but for the default maybe something more fitting/serious in terms of Tenno culture (keep the gift model for Christmas though! Maybe as a Mirage Winter skin cosmetic change!).

Ghouls are hilarious and hideous, I love them. Can't wait to blast them back into the holes they crawl out of!

Please tell me George will talk about Octavia and the Mandachord next stream! Good work on Gara's glass sounds too, they are so soothing to listen to.

2 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Hmm... Mirage Revisited/Mirage Prime or just a little ability touch-up for our local space jester? The little present she creates is cute, but for the default maybe something more fitting/serious in terms of Tenno culture (keep the gift model for Christmas though! Maybe as a Mirage Winter skin cosmetic change!).

Ghouls are hilarious and hideous, I love them. Can't wait to blast them back into the holes they crawl out of!

Please tell me George will talk about Octavia and the Mandachord next stream! Good work on Gara's glass sounds too, they are so soothing to listen to.

yeah chances are it will probably be mirage since she is far more popular, after all i'm pretty sure nova*could be wrong and forgot who was swaped*  took banshee's spot last year. so in order from oldest it's probably zephyr, but if you want to look at it from popularity oldest it's mirage. all of my money are on those 2.

Not too sure how to feel about that change in the Impact proc. I mean, knocking down enemies is great at certain times for crowd control, but I'd prefer my target to not move much as I spray bullets in them with my status-heavy weapons with their high fire rate like the Grakata. The knockdown would interrupt headshots.

Still, thanks alot for the overview!

1 hour ago, Violet_Xe said:

yeah chances are it will probably be mirage since she is far more popular, after all i'm pretty sure nova*could be wrong and forgot who was swaped*  took banshee's spot last year. so in order from oldest it's probably zephyr, but if you want to look at it from popularity oldest it's mirage. all of my money are on those 2.

If it followed patterns, it would be Zephyr, Mirage, Limbo, Chroma, and then Mesa prime. I would figure those would be the safe bets, but Nova-like line jumping could always occur.

Not a word on optimization?

THis is a bit disturbing... When the Plains got introduced into the game I didn't have major loading issues. After the several minor additions and hotfixes, now I do, and that's after using cache optimization a ton of times.

Then instead of optimization I hear this talk about an update on sounds... I mean, I did notice that a lot of my own freezes, when entering and leaving caves, seen to be caused by map loading, but it's actually for loading sounds, like Vay Hek and Lotus' transmissions... It seens like not only there isn't going to be any sort of optimization... it's gonna get even heavier on everyone's GPU...

So the IPS changes...why is puncture STILL just reducing enemy damage? I mean, why not go back to what puncture originally did(ignore armor), so instead of it reducing enemy damage, it just bypasses their armor(or shields for corpus) to do that damage straight to their HP? This would, IMO, bring Puncture more on par with Slash as Slash is King because it ignores armor.

With the changes to impact Blast kinda becomes...irrelevant? I donno what future changes could occur to blast(perhaps a deafend state like Banshee Silence and knock down? Reduced accuracy?) But taking into consideration why Slash is considered "The best Physical damage type" let's tweak Impact to follow suite. Sure rag dolling enemies is great and all except....Well they aren't dead. They are just rag dolled. Practically every warframe has some kind of CC that can rag doll enemies(Atlas, Wukong, ect). IMO weapons should be brought along primarily to KILL enemies, not CC them(This is why I believe Melee weapons are somewhat considered "the best weapons" because they can scale pretty much infinitely and KILL anything.)

But I digress, Impact should weaken enemy armor, like the mod Shattering Impact, should just become the innate effect of Impact. Every impact proc does a % of your damage as Armor Health Damage, basically what Shattering Impact does. So say I have 100 impact and the impact proc does like 30% of that as "AHD" That means the target looses 30 armor(instead of the base 6 per impact damage dealt via Shattering Impact.) Bringing Impact up to, again, be on the level of Slash. Because, after all, we are here to kill things with our weapons as very few weapons have the AoE to really pull off effective CC if compared to Warframe powers.

TL;DR, Puncture procs should ignore armor, Impact procs should reduce it by a fixed number. Why? Cause CC is a job for warframe powers, weapons are meant for killing.

I would have 101 kubrows by now if I hadn't been jettisoning the failed attempts at breeding a Chesa back when they were introduced.

Remember that? Where the market eggs had a Chesa in the possible drop tables, but the farmed ones didn't?

Yeah I'm still salty about that.

Its nice that damage types are being looked at but if you really want encourage using more diverse damage types 2 things need to happen.

1. Less necessary mods for weapons. Looking at all +Damage mods. They are boring and always going to be picked over more creative mods or mods that just enhance a weapon in a non damaging way.

2. All damage types viable for high level content. You aren't going to go a full impact build if you cant kill half the enemies in a game or have to swap weapons or mods every second mission.

On 17/11/2017 at 8:55 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

Umbra will be coming in 2018

(Quote taken from link)

October 2015 - "We plan on releasing it this year."

April 2016 - "He's coming sort of soon, he's part of a big thing."

January 2017 - "It's definitely on the agenda for this year."

November 2017 - "I think we can commit Umbra to being next year."

Why is Umbra being sent back in the backburner to prioritize anything else? We've been waiting for 2 and a half years already and all we got about it is evasive answers, a teaser, and waiting on top of more waiting. 

Archived