Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I The Only One That Find Gara a Little ....... Lackluster?

(XBOX)TheMadCash

When first hearing about DE making a Glass Warframe. I figured the frame would synergize around Slash because you know ... broken glass makes people bleed. But no. Her ability designs are great. But the dmg behind them rubs me the wrong way. How come she doesn’t spread slash procs? I visioned her abilities like this.

•Shattered Lash

Does what it does now but does increased dmg against targets with Slash procs. Increases the Slash dmg proc depending on how many enemies are under the effect of slash dmg.

•Splinter Storm

Should have a small AoE like Limbo Banish. Procs Slash dmg until duration runs out on enemy target. Proc dmg increases every tick until duration runs out or is killed. When an enemies is killed under the effect of Splinter Storm. Glass shards fly outward inflicting Slash dmg procs to surrounding targets. Dmg depends on how long the target was under the effect of Splinter Storm 

•Spectrorage

gains a bigger dmg delt to enemies depending how many enemies are under the effects of slash within the mirrors. Extends the slash proc on exsisting enemies with the the mirrors every time one breaks

•Mass Vitrify

Fine the way it. With the addition It can also inflict Slash procs when you break It with Shattered Lash.

Just something I came up with for her abilities to mean something in higher levels and does a little more dmg against armored foes. Because right now. She don’t amaze me. I don’t regret buying her. But she needs improving.

If you don’t believe Gara needs a change. Please don’t use spamming her 4th for a crazy dmg buff for her Shattered Storm as a example. Because that is just a straight up boring play style. 

Edited by (XB1)Cash201293

You do know that her power 1 can do puncture or slash right? Just tap to do puncture, hold to do slash. Your suggestion for her power 1 kinda...eh doesn't sit right, specially the latter part.

Though I do like the idea of when an enemy dies it sends the remaining shards splintering outwards, perhaps stacking the damage onto other enemies affected by shatter storm?

Idea for spectrorage...interesting, most likely going to be an augment for the power though.

For Mass Vitrify....you can make it do slash damage. Press and hold power 1 so you do the 'sweep' and it does the damage as slash damage, instead of puncture.

At most i'd want mass vitrify to allow us to make the damage go inward, instead of outward.

If anything, I think she is a little overpowered (but don't tell DE that)

Her 1 Power is nothing to write home about but so are most frames. 

Her 2 Power is crazy in that I have mine at 90% damage resistance with a duration of more than a minute AND I can cast it on anyone in the squad as well as allies AND it does damage AND if you cast you 4 Power break it with your 1 power while having it up it infinitely stacks on damage.  You can't get the range of Ember's World on Fire, but you can do more damage.

Her 3 Power again not really doing anything for me.  I tend to ignore it but again this isn't usual for several frames either.

Her 4 Power is where is it at.  An invincible barrier and allies can move and shoot through that I can pick the height and diameter of...basically the best of Frost and Limbo right there.  I can stand on top of an excavator/mobile defense console and create a slim glass tube that encases it, or out of PoE I can put the vault behind glass with almost no chance of the enemies getting through. At the same time, my squad is not limited to their powers or melee attacks and can completely shoot through it.  And again mine last more than 60 seconds a pop because I use Narrow Minded as I find the default way too big of an area.

I use Gara on the Plains of Eidolon all the time as her powers practically ensure success of the more pain in the but segments (armored vault mostly). Currently, she is outstanding for the Operation: Plague Star mission.

To each their own, I’ve been using Gara since day 1 (praise RNG?) and it has become very effective after the 5th Forma. Probably only needed 4, the last one was for flexibility with builds.

It takes work, and to be perfectly honest most frames I’ve ever used were a bit rubbish on the first couple of runs to 30. It really does make a difference having a lot more mod capacity to tinker with. 

I wouldnt have been surprised to find her to be squishy, but the 90% DR with relevant Power Strength, as well as CrowdControl - I don’t really see what’s not to like. 

Sounds like you expected a Slash Saryn - Slashryn. I for one am glad DE aren’t just aimlessly recycling frames with new skins.

Well I wouldn't mind her abilities proccing status effects, but does she really need it? IMO not really, the damage is already through the roof (potentially and if you're not lazy) on her 2, while 1 & 4 is decent within the 1-100 enemy level range considering melee mods and Rivens. 3 could use some adjustments for scaling damage and making sure it doesn't blow up instantly to Bombards and Napalms, I guess procs on this ability would be good.

She could use some QoL though, like having a separate buff icon and timer for her personal Splinter Storm next to her shields & HP bars. Chances are you're gonna buff teammates and debuff enemies, and since the ability icon timer keeps track of the latest cast, you can only guess how long your own storm will go poof (unless you keep a mental note to refresh it with 4 occasionally).

I don't  know about her powers but every time I hear the term "glass powers" i want orange juice ,cause ya know you pour oj in a glass.

Man that was more awkward reading that back, than it was in my brain idk.

Perhaps you're just not familiar with the inner workings of her kit yet, OP. With proper building and power management, Gara becomes insanely strong and scales in damage forever. Take some time and go over Gara's Abilities (especially Splinterstorm) in detail, and maybe watch a few videos on her gameplay and how she ramps up her damage.

Edited by SenorClipClop

But shes actually like super powerful. she has a 90% damage reduction, her ult locks down a big portion of the map so that no enemy can get into it, its not even a factor of damage the enemies is pushing out ether, its just a straight up wall that cant be bypassed. and her first ability can one shot huge groups of enemies anywhere on the star chart (because it scales with melee mods)

36 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Guys. You can’t say Gara don’t need a change just because you can spam her 4 for infinite dmg buff for her 2. That is just straight up boring. How is that fun? Please explain. Because if you take that away. Is Gara still good in terms of dmg??

I mean, I find Octavia boring, but just like Gara, she can stack damage into ridiculous amounts and can easily become a serious threat that scales forever.

That's amazing damage potential, even if you don't like it. Even if Splinter Storm or Mass Vitrify was taken out, Gara would still be a great Warframe in other ways.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

29 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Guys. You can’t say Gara don’t need a change just because you can spam her 4 for infinite dmg buff for her 2. That is just straight up boring. How is that fun? Please explain. Because if you take that away. Is Gara still good in terms of dmg??

She is better than Harrow, Trinity, Inaros, Loki, Octavia, Vauban and Zephyr in terms of (direct) damage.  I think that's your problem, you think Gara is supposed to do one thing (DPS) when she is actually more of a Support/Defense role.  She is far better at the only thing I care about from Limbo's kit as well as nearly making Vauban purposeless. If you were looking for a slash based Frost or Saryn you aren't going to find it in Gara.  That isn't what she does. She is an excellent choice for the expansion she was introduced with: The Plains of Eidolon.  Her kit is varied enough that she does well with any bounty requirements you could encounter. 

I would counter saying you can't say a frame needs a change just because you don't like their kit.  I happen to really like what Gara brings to the table, and she has already earned a spot in my solo Sortie frame choice rotation.  There are far more frames (like more than half of them) with far more issues than her.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

her first ability cost 25 energy and can 1 shot entire groups of enemies anywhere on the star chart. yes Gara is good in terms of damage.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

So , even when its not a dps frame (not all frames are meant to be DPS ones ... gara has one if not the best defensive skill in the game ) you want to do great DPS taking away his DPS skill .... sure , your argument sound legit  ....

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

No more boring than WoF Ember or Molt/Spore Saryn. As most Warframes are 1-2 trick ponies your argument could apply to any frame in the game.