Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best and worst frames

(PSN)T3H0N3GUY

2 hours ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Best is Limbo because in organized groups he makes everyone unstoppable.

Worst is Mag because i cant target Magnetise at the ground.

as good as he is, limbo is significantly gimped vs corpus plus none of his powers are good vs boss-like enemies and very bad on pub games if u like using stasis a lot(as many limbos do, like myself)

imo best would be....inaros cause thousands of HP + decent armor + great CC + lots of healing... rhino a close second

worst would be zephyr for obvious reasons

7 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

as good as he is, limbo is significantly gimped vs corpus

I disagree as the Zenistar exists. 

8 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

plus none of his powers are good vs boss-like enemies

It actually is vs bosses like Sortie Lech Krill, fire guy , Vor (especially Vor), to a lesser extent kala de thayme since you can use all the mobs as stasis rift torrent batteries and blow the boss to pieces.

This was a strat pre rework and now it works even better since cataclysm allows you to ignore mechanics because bosses dont count as being in the rift even though you can shoot them they themselves have to hit you.

10 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

very bad on pub games

Ive said this and agree but in organized parties everyone is suddenly unstoppable.

11 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

worst would be zephyr for obvious reasons

If i see zephys i stay beind them and shoot from her sides, best shield in the game.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

I disagree as the Zenistar exists.

still bad vs corpus, but.. okay?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

It actually is vs bosses like..

nah, for de thaym he has some use in avoiding the barrage, but nothing harrow cant do better, all of his abilities last like 1/10 of the normal duration on bosses, and if i just wanna get a big boost might aswell use chroma and be tanky while at it

5 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

If i see zephys i stay beind them and shoot from her sides, best shield in the game.

fair, but better hope they dont spam tailwind

9 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

still bad vs corpus, but.. okay?

14 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Zenistar neutralizes nullifiers, stops those mini lightning toy spawners and all other mobs dont matter because gas ignis.

The key to messing with the corpus is to pop cata near a wall with only 1-2 entrances where zenistar can stop half of their bs from encroaching.

Or use a small cata and do that weird banish dance a random youtuber did on corpus survival.

9 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

nah, for de thaym he has some use in avoiding the barrage, but nothing harrow cant do better, all of his abilities last like 1/10 of the normal duration on bosses, and if i just wanna get a big boost might aswell use chroma and be tanky while at it

True about chroma but half the time on chroma i have to shoot myself to get the 403% scorn. Limbo just hits 2-4 and has a 500% bonus on fire boy and 240% on kala. 

Harrow has to actively use his powers to stop mechanics, Limbo just stands there in his bubble. 

Also i dont recall my duration/strength being lowered on boss fight mobs, unless you specically mean the boss then no cata and stasis arent for the bosses.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

2 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Zenistar neutralizes nullifiers, stops those mini lightning toy spawners and all other mobs dont matter because gas ignis.

anything fast can pop nullies and toy spawners well, i personally just use a scourge, but limbo HIMSELF is worse vs corpus, not a matter of ur gear idk why u even brought it up?

as for bosses, as i said his powers arent good on bosses, and if i just wanna have survivability(hiding in rift when not attacking) and a big boost i'll just be chroma(or rhino, i guess)

i rarely struggle getting fury and scorn maxed vs bosses

4 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

but limbo HIMSELF is worse vs corpus,

Isnt practically every frame bad vs corpus? Because nullies/combas wreck most of there powers sans Octavia.

5 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

as for bosses, as i said his powers arent good on bosses,

Yeah i said that too, your powers are for mobs and lazily dodging mechanics by not having to do them. The point of the powers is to make your tigris p blow bosses to pieces. 

6 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

i rarely struggle getting fury and scorn maxed vs bosses

I do as i have to stay right in front of them to get hit or someone else has aggro in pugs. Id rather just enter the fight max scorned than wait.

Also im assuming this thread is taking into account gear accounting for weaknesses and not JUST frames. 

But OP hasnt been back yet 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb DeMonkey:

Best is obvious.

Worst is any frame that sacrifices interactivity for efficiency. Like Ember and WoF for example.

WoF on base range with a power tank build is pretty darn interactive as it requires you to gain energy and slap enemys down with her whole kit, from fireball, over fire blast to Wof and accellerant as your damage boost. Not a build you want for lazing but it scores on higher levels accordingly.

55 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

WoF on base range with a power tank build is pretty darn interactive as it requires you to gain energy and slap enemys down with her whole kit, from fireball, over fire blast to Wof and accellerant as your damage boost. Not a build you want for lazing but it scores on higher levels accordingly.

It is fine some people only experience max range Embers and then think that is her only use, and if you want to clear low level star map without any effort that is fine, something many frames can do at about the same speed but people tend to bully Ember since she is the easiest to get.

I however have been having a Blast<---(Get it a Blast). in this event with Ember since i already knew that one well placed Fire Blast close to if not instantly kills the Hemocyte / Lephantis.

And if i were to say best or worse i would say that is a really hard question, depending on what content you are doing they all can serve different purpose and be best in certain situations. Overall i find most frames excluding those who are bugged beyond usability find some sort of use and thus i do not find it so easy question to  answer. 

3 hours ago, Hellmaker2004 said:

It is fine some people only experience max range Embers and then think that is her only use, and if you want to clear low level star map without any effort that is fine, something many frames can do at about the same speed but people tend to bully Ember since she is the easiest to get.

"Like Ember". It's not an I hate people playing Ember in my lobby post, it's not a narrow minded perspective of what she can do.

It's an example.

Imo any frame that can cheese through missions with absolutely no effort is a bad frame, because I get 0 enjoyment out of that. Like WoF Ember. The same also applies to Equinox, Octavia, Saryn etc.

And whilst that only really works at lower levels, most of the games content revolves around lower levels.

So like I said, any frame that can be used in an efficient manner that requires basically no user input is imo bad. I'd much rather shoot every enemy on the map with a Daikyu than insta kill them all from 40m away.

Trying to be objective:

Best is Gara because she can do any mission using only one build for any situation - it's extremely easy to build her.

Worst is Atlas because he has: unreliable CC skill, useless minions (but I like them anyway and even have a build with them), ureliable defensive skill and a damage skill that is only really good thing in all his gear. So I can't say that he can do many things that other frames can do better but can't do all of them at once because his CC and defensive skills are so unreliable. And his only good ability (first + augment) is based on damage so it will become useless in endgame as any other ability that based on damage. As a result we have a warframe whose best ability can't scale (scaling with melee mods is not enough) and doesn't have anything usefull enough for teamplay.

Not trying to be objective:

Banshee is the best frame in the game. I have plenty of builds for her to play different missions with team and solo, I extremely love idea of sound-based abilities and use all of them because every single Banshee's ability is usefull. Also she looks great. So she is my favorite frame even though she is a bit hard for me to play because of lack of survivability skills in her kit.

Octavia is the worst frame in the entire game because I found idea of machines that buff other machines with music absolutely rediculous so I hate the idia of music-based frame.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb DeMonkey:

"Like Ember". It's not an I hate people playing Ember in my lobby post, it's not a narrow minded perspective of what she can do.

It's an example.

Imo any frame that can cheese through missions with absolutely no effort is a bad frame, because I get 0 enjoyment out of that. Like WoF Ember. The same also applies to Equinox, Octavia, Saryn etc.

And whilst that only really works at lower levels, most of the games content revolves around lower levels.

So like I said, any frame that can be used in an efficient manner that requires basically no user input is imo bad. I'd much rather shoot every enemy on the map with a Daikyu than insta kill them all from 40m away.

Well, it's still worth the mention with what a hot topic she is these days. (hot, hah 😂)

With how she (or rather her buff) is a lil inferior to chroma('s) in the plains, with how people who've been stuck in her meta for years finally discover new uses, little flaws and ways to go around them...

I mean she is a really, really good frame at the end of the day, no matter how you play her, be it with zero input or the exact opposite.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

If you build an entire loadout around Ember, and not just do something silly like toss a bunch of rad/viral/gas (no heat on her weapons) on her, she will be devastating at high levels. You have to keep on your toes to do well, because WoF and status weapons are all that will keep you alive in between accelerant casts.  I can play her in any situation and do well, except for maybe the arenas and spy missions.  Beyond that though, Chroma is the only one who's can consistently outdamage+outkill her.  Where saryn 1+4 spam will eventually fail, accelerant scaling up damage immensely stays relevant at higher levels.  I barely ever see anyone else using her kit though.  It is certainly a majority of people who press 4 and run into walls all day long.

Best and Worst is always just a bad idea and generally leads to players getting attached to meta ideas and being very lazy thinkers, so, would have to have specific categories or situations for best and worst.

9 minutes ago, Valaska said:

Either you are being standoffish just because you like to be or you have no idea how this game plays past Rotation 4...

No, more like a challenge to have fun with/attempt to replicate.  Sometimes people have horrible ideas about what frames can really do.

Best, I'd say for overall effectiveness in all content would be Nova. But I think several other frames are close behind.

Worst, in my opinion, would be Zephyr. Half of her powers are the most useless in the game, and her 4 is unreliable crowd control at best, suffering from the same problem as the pre-rework Hydroid.

On 11/18/2017 at 7:28 PM, Valaska said:

There's... So many bad frames though. So many of them are incapable of scaling past level 50 properly.

I own every frame and I've used them all in Sorties just fine, so I am fully aware that every frame has potential to scale past 50. Now, if you said some clearly scale better than others past 50 I would agree. The thing to remember is that not all frames are balanced for every type of content. Some may not be as good as others in certain missions, but excel in other missions. Also, not every frame is able to be the best at everything with only a single build, or with all weapons. So in that regard, you're right that some frames have it much easier than others, but play around with different mods and weapons on the frames you like. There are even good Zephyrs and Embers out there...just rarely.

Edited by (PS4)Riko_113

Absolutely agree as @DeMonkey has stated. Any frame that lacks interaction with their own abilities are the worst frames. Such as pre-rework Ash. You were able to spam Bladestorm over and over with no interaction of the ability since you’re just spamming it without looking at enemies that were in your way. After Ash’s rework for Bladestorm, there is more interaction with the ability which makes Ash a better interaction of a Warframe.

Ember on the other hand, you just pop WoF once for the duration of the mission with now interaction with the ability which is extremely boring and which is why Ember is the worst.

Throwing my oar in on this purely for the opinions.

The best frame in the game right now is... Nekros, I'll go for. Decent stats, all of his abilities are functioning to the degree they're supposed to (1 is weak, 2 is stronger, 3 is stronger again and 4 is the strongest), all his abilities compliment his theme, every augment changes up how you play the frame for variety, with the ability to insta-revive players, slow enemies, switch Desecrate to use health allowing you to infinitely sustain on Health Orbs instead of Energy, and protect yourself with your shadows. And not only that, his base function for Desecrate will always make him useful, no matter what else you do to him, his Shadows will give extra bodies on the field to take the heat off you and support you, Terrify is your get-out-of-jail-free card when you're surrounded, and Soul Punch can just be funny.

As for the worst frame? Tough one.

I'll put my vote down for Wukong. He's an exalted-style weapon user, with a tanking function that's built on the same principle as the Quick Thinking mod. His abilities are underwhelming due to them either having exactly the cost/effect balance you think they'll have, or not doing what they say properly. Iron Jab is one of the shortest-range 1 casts in game, with low damage and only a ragdoll as its saving grace, it loses out in most scenarios to Banshee's Sonic Boom, except in damage and the actual impact area of the ability seems to never quite be where you want it to be. Defy is functional, but of course has the cost you fear it will; poorly timed cast/recast will drain your energy completely and you'll have no health and no energy. Cloud Walker is a stealth skill with no pay-off, since unlike any other stealth movement you cannot actually attack from it, it also drains energy so you can't get any back while you're using it either. And finally his ability that should make it all pay off, his exalted staff mode, is worse than any other exalted ability in the game due to the stance and the stats. His abilities do not function together, where Cloud Walker actively prevents the others from being used, Defy drains, Primal Fury drains, Cloud Walker drains and his CC ability is unreliable enough to not warrant using it because, even with the ragdoll, the times it doesn't hit means that it's more relief that you did it than funny that it sent an enemy cartwheeling.

Wukong is a solo survival oriented frame, he has no support functions and no benefits to a team, and he's not even particularly good at survival since once you get to the level of 'challenging' his Defy will prevent you using anything else by draining all his energy with every hit from a Heavy Gunner or Bombard.

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Thaylien said:

As for the worst frame? Tough one.

I'll put my vote down for Wukong. He's an exalted-style weapon user, with a tanking function that's built on the same principle as the Quick Thinking mod. His abilities are underwhelming due to them either having exactly the cost/effect balance you think they'll have, or not doing what they say properly. Iron Jab is one of the shortest-range 1 casts in game, with low damage and only a ragdoll as its saving grace, it loses out in most scenarios to Banshee's Sonic Boom, except in damage and the actual impact area of the ability seems to never quite be where you want it to be. Defy is functional, but of course has the cost you fear it will; poorly timed cast/recast will drain your energy completely and you'll have no health and no energy. Cloud Walker is a stealth skill with no pay-off, since unlike any other stealth movement you cannot actually attack from it, it also drains energy so you can't get any back while you're using it either. And finally his ability that should make it all pay off, his exalted staff mode, is worse than any other exalted ability in the game due to the stance and the stats. His abilities do not function together, where Cloud Walker actively prevents the others from being used, Defy drains, Primal Fury drains, Cloud Walker drains and his CC ability is unreliable enough to not warrant using it because, even with the ragdoll, the times it doesn't hit means that it's more relief that you did it than funny that it sent an enemy cartwheeling.

Wukong is a solo survival oriented frame, he has no support functions and no benefits to a team, and he's not even particularly good at survival since once you get to the level of 'challenging' his Defy will prevent you using anything else by draining all his energy with every hit from a Heavy Gunner or Bombard.

Thoughts?

agree with the 1st and 3rd skill, i hope DE improve it soon.

but his 4th skill is really good now if you install exodia hunt. his combo will attract enemies to his reach.

Hmm.... best and worst Warframes? I'll go for it.

Best! -

While I desperately want to say"MAG!", I think that the true answer should be between Harrow and Gara. Yes, DE actually vastly improves their Warframes and made their last two my personal best in the game. Let's go over it.

Harrow -

Harrow is really good, like totally amazing. For starters, his attributes are fairly decent. Very high shields, slightly below average health, decently above average armor, and average energy with sprint speed. His abilities further complement said attributes and I give a round of applause for whoever designed Harrow's abilities. Condemn is a very good first ability, completely stopping everything that isn't on the Tenno side directly forwards in a fairly decent range for a nice amount of time, not to mention that this can completely regenerate your shields. Penance is pretty good as well, making your weapons more reliable and allowing a team lifesteal and reload speed and fire rate bonus. Thurible is really good as well, energy regeneration for each kill for a really long duration as well as bonus energy team wide on headshots. Covenant (who remembers War Pact?) tops it all of by completely negating all damage, while turning that potential damage taken into a critical buff, allowing weapons to reach orange and red crits, and giving some amazing numbers. Check him out if you haven't already. Not to mention that he's really fashionable...

Gara -

Gara is the Excalibur focused on defense, and while I did not initially like the abilities Gara had, she actually turned out to be really great. Gara is very new player friendly, similar to Excalibur, and surprisingly versatile. Gara sports some good stats as well, fair shields and health. Slightly above average armor. Along with this, she has high energy and a above average sprint speed. Gara's abilities also seem to somewhat complement her attributes, while also being well-rounded like Excalibur, is more focused on defense. Shattered Lash is the staple of first abilities. You have a long shard of glass that scales with melee mods! Normally, it does a ton of puncture damage at a single target but when charged, you can do a ton of slash damage at a ton of targets. And let's not forget this synergizes with both her 2nd and 4th abilities. Splinter Storm is an amazing second ability. For a nice duration, you can grant yourself and allies massive damage reduction while also killing enemies with that same ability, which is just a complete middle finger to Rhino and Nezha, lol! Not only does this synergize with her 1 and 4, but also her 2! Unfortunately, Gara's third ability, a bit similar to Excalibur, also falls slightly short in higher levels. Spectrorage is that ability. It's not bad, but it could use some slight tweaking. Cast to make a bunch of mirrors that draw in enemies for some fair CC, but the problem is that if you draw in a unit too strong for it, Spectrorage will end almost instantaneously. Other than that, not too shabby, but needs improvement. Gara's last ability, Mass Vitrify (sounds super cool) is pretty awesome. Invincible super-glass shield that can change height and size and last for a long time. On top of this, it synergizes with Shattered Lash and Splinter Storm. Shattered Lash will make MV explode, dealing wide area damage to those outside the bubble, while Shattered Lash and Splinter Storm will stack damage on SS, allowing you to potentially one-shot enemies in it's radius, while still giving you 90% damage reduction. Gara also looks cool.

Worst... -

Ember -

Ember is embarrassingly bad. She looks great on paper, and the design ideas are good, but for a damage dealing Warframe, she's absolute piss at actually doing damage later on in the game. Her damage falls of extremely quickly and her other uses aren't too great. Must I explain?

Zephyr -

While Zephyr is far better than Ember is, she still isn't too good. Tail Wind is a linked Bullet Jump for energy, which, in the midst of combat I don't know why you'd want a linked bullet jump. Dive Bomb is poor in terms of damage and CC is minimal without the augment. Turbulence is the best ability, but that shouldn't be the case, and Tornado is generally annoying and not as good as it could be.

Just my opinion though.