Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa.

4thBro

Warframe is an easy game full of cheese. I like the game, it is a fun distraction, but that's what it is.  Aimbots are to be expected in such games because people who can't aim and are generally bad players have $$ too. Old Mesa, if you can imagine it, was far worse. They keep power-creeping more and more "press to win" cheese into the game, while nerfing some of it so ineptly at the same time, that it makes whole frames useless (Ash) so get used to it unfortunately, won't be changing.

2 hours ago, MagPrime said:

I have been summo-oh.

Yes, Mag can go beast, and yes, so can Mesa but Crixus004 is 100% accurate about mission levels.  And I'm not saying that because it's what I've been saying for awhile - it's true.

@MagPrime in the house! Good to see you. And I guess we're all in agreement then. Raise mission levels. Simple solution.

2 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Some one really wants to nerf Mesa when there are other frames like Titania, Ivara, Octavia, Nidus, Inaros, Mag, etc that can all beast every mission in the Star Chart, Sorties, and PoE.  

Basically what I'm saying is that Mesa isn't really overpowered at all when you look at all the other frames too.  This is why what Crixus004 said earlier about mission levels is spot on. 

P.S.  Yes I did include Mag as a beast frame because I can go "Beast Mode" with her at will.  That and @MagPrime would be hurt if i didn't.  Hehe

*Standing Ovation* @MagPrime, you, and I need to find a way to do a mission together someday, that shows just how powerful mag can be. I got some ideas. Good news, it uses our favorite frames (Mag, Ivara, and Rhino). What you say?

2 hours ago, ugoooo said:

My best Warframe is the first prime that I acquired which is Mag Prime. She is an amazing support/DPS/cc frame but she has lots of issues. First of all that energy pool is cancer. I need to put fleeting expertise, primed flow, streamline to make her work with zenurik. This is too much. I would want her to be like Volt, where I could do viable builds only with non-corrupted mods with additional redirection, augments and etc.

300 energy pool at maxed would fix her. I could fit some augments or her polarize/redirection synergy would increase her survivability. Still she is my top pick except spies etc and infested missions. Since polarize does nothing and enemies can jaywalk magnetize bubbles.

But she is hard to play after level 80. She is still strong but she requires careful acting. That's it. 

On the other hand Mesa is doing stuff with breeze till 150s. Let's forget about nerfing. I really want higher level missions and the game needs it. If higher level content comes, some Warframes won't hold up like Mirage. AoE damage ruins this game as we see it from high level bounties. 

So it's either balance all frames and create new content or just bring some skill to Mesa's peacemaker. I would choose first option but I doubt that DE will.

I don't have issues with her energy pool with the builds I use, but I can definitely understand how having 425 energy with max primed flow would feel restricting. I can suggest some builds to you that can help and you tell me if they work for you. Also, while she buffs shields, has high base shields, and doesn't have much other supplemental defense stats, you don't want to sit on your shields for high levels. You can do it, up to around level 80-100, which is the final sortie mission, but for the mission tiers in the 250s, even with shield transference, redirection, and vigor, I tried to tank hits, but i couldn't build up my shields fast enough to stay comfortable as I would've with a magnetize playstyle. @MagPrime would be the better person to speak about this with, since Mag is his main, and he may know something about her that I forget to mention, but the point is, try something different with her if what you're doing now isn't working. Lord knows I've done that with some frames I thought where garbage.

On the other hand, Mesa's playstyle till the 150s is relatively straight forward. It may not be as powerful, or even may match mag's power, but it's straight forward and effective, which may be why you feel so powerful with her. If you find your best playstyle with mag, you'll get that same exact feeling with her. I know because I vibe with your statement. When it comes to the frames I'm most comfortable with, I get that exact feeling you get with Mesa.

Mirage CAN be a god tier frame with some simple fixes. Her DPS use to be super ridiculous with the synoid simulor, but it was nerfed (Burn in Pieces Miragulors), thus you don't see her used as often, but she's just as good if you ask me. Her DPS in my previous posted said I rated her at 1.8 million dps. Keep in mind, that it can go much higher than this with a specialized build, but that calculation, I didn't want to ignore her CC aspects, because while a full dps build can go higher, using her 4 for blind is great cc and makes her able to be a melee frame as well as a primary/secondary dps frame, thus a build specialized with 100% dps in mind can go much higher. If I were to forgo her CC blind, with a zhuge (a weapon I highly recommend for her, I'd get 2.2 million with 3 corrosive procs per second, which when I'm going up against a level 250 corrupted heavy gunner, would take me a little more than 3 seconds to kill. If we're talking without status, then Mirage's absolute max dps would be around 2.9 million. This is a mirage that forgoes melee and tanking damage. A weapon will have to get 90k dps for this to happen, which plenty of weapons do. You'd use this in a team based setup. Now lets go with a more conservative Mirage. I call it Dark Horse Mirage. It's a defensive build that focuses on Mirage as the Tank. With Mirage Prime out (Check out the new trailer for her), using a max tank build, I get 86300 EHp on her, which surpasses Nidus, Inaros, Mesa, Trinity, and even certain chroma builds. What's funny is that with this build, she still has her blind cc and Hall of Mirrors evasion, and can regen her EHp, which means she can become a VERY good tank. Now why don't I recommend this in her current state? Her main ability, which is eclipse, isn't consistent, and thus why mirage doesn't really hold up. If they can make Eclipse a stable ability, so say dark energy color makes her dark form, and bright energy colors makes her light form, than she'd be absolutely top tier. Simple fixes would make mirage amazing, no buffs or nerfs. The only frame that needs a small buff to me is Atlas, and even he does decent.

I'm glad that you're starting to see our side of things though.

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044

Mesa for as long as she has existed, has been one of the absolute worst frames to play with.  I play Trinity often, it's impossible to EV with a mesa around.  Nobody gets to do anything, it's all Mesa.  And like you said, she doesn't die.  

She's needed a look for a long time, because I still exit games that have Mesa in them.

26 minutes ago, I3oggle said:

Mesa for as long as she has existed, has been one of the absolute worst frames to play with.  I play Trinity often, it's impossible to EV with a mesa around.  Nobody gets to do anything, it's all Mesa.  And like you said, she doesn't die.  

She's needed a look for a long time, because I still exit games that have Mesa in them.

Please read through the thread, because we are not going to repeat this process over and over. I recommend you read this comment