Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague star: Mixer defence over way to quick

Zlepper

Something can kill the mixer in the quest way to fast. For example in the following clip the mixer dies in two hits from something, over the span of roughly 3 seconds. That doesn't sound entirely fair, and is actually quite a bit frustrating: https://imgur.com/a/TUIAx

Normally i don't have a problem with challenges, but that is just a smidge too much...

A number of times now I've had the mixer go from full health and shields to dead in the space of pretty much one frame.
If this is intended (which I doubt) it's very likely a Bombard or Mortar Bombard doing it, since the damage source ignores Gara's Mass Vitrify even if cast at the apex of a bullet jump giving it a considerable height. No ships in the sky, and these enemies are, what, 25? 

For the most part, they can never even put a dent in the objective if I defend it properly, but roughly one run out of four something one-shots it.    
Obviously I've taken out nearby Ramparts and turrets before beginning the stage. 
The discrepancy between plain sailing and insta-fail makes me think it's a bug, but it's a thoroughly frustrating one.  

I've only been doing the Plague Star bounty solo, but I've only had the mixer get close to death once. That was when a Napalm hit it with two incendiary blasts, and the lingering fire ticked away at its health. Most of the time, it barely takes any damage at all because the Grineer are mostly shooting at me instead. (Also, I play Nova and I'm keeping the enemies slowed with Molecular Prime.)

Maybe in a group with the increased number of enemies there's just a higher chance of a heavy attack hitting the mixer, but I have yet to see it get destroyed at all, much less in one hit, which makes me think that something screwy is going on here.

3 hours ago, VirtualViolet said:

Maybe in a group with the increased number of enemies there's just a higher chance of a heavy attack hitting the mixer, but I have yet to see it get destroyed at all, much less in one hit, which makes me think that something screwy is going on here.

Yes, there must be, given the relative health and punishment vaults can take in Tier 1-2 bounties, which I suppose is closest to this in terms of scaling.

I play solo as well, and as I said above I mostly use Gara. Only a few weapons can even get through, and I've tested letting those enemies hit the vault/mixer without me shielding it with Mass Vitrify. It gets hurt, sure, but when I've had this mission fail it's been instant - and with MV up. 

Maybe the mixer screws up and ingests the toxin, I dunno. It happened again just a few hours ago, and TBH I'd prefer not to have every bounty for the remainder of this event be a roll of the dice to see if the bug appears...

41 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

It could also be this!

Napalms also have a ridiculous splash damage (when the missile explodes, the hazard doesn't harm the console from far) radius. I once had the bad luck to get a bunch of them spawn and despite that I had Gara's wall up there was so many explosions that the splash damage killed it before I noticed and got around and killed them all (Gara's wall during most of the day and night is extremely hard to see through and even harder when there's a bunch of Napalm hazards blocking the view). Even if they don't kill the console themselves their ridiculous splash damage doesn't help when it's so big that it hits the objective even if blocked by something several meters away (plus the plague star console hitbox is almost 3 times bigger than it visually seems to be, it's a lot wider than the physical object).

Tusk Napalm need the Tusk Bombard treatment (and all Bombard need the tusk treatment too, enemies switching to close range weapons is smexy, the grineer do need more weapon variation though, their weapon selection is too stale, Napalms need to be reworked to be badass Javlok users, they have the technology, it just needs to happen).

I gave up doing the event after it randomly died a few runs. I could understand the bombardment which would almost kill it, but sometimes it died from full health within a second of me tossing my catalysts into the mix. As in, I cleared the camp, activated mixer and tossed catas in, then it was dead almost immediately.

I got sick of wasting materials.

Before you place the toxin in the mixer ...

1. Take out any turrets. The rocket ones are designed to cover long distances.

2. Hack the towers. Seems to be a beacon for drop teams, shuttles, and the rocket turrets.

3. Check for lookout towers. Snipers and heavy gunners are usually hiding there.

Once you insert the toxin into the mixer ...

1. The melee units make short work of the mixer's shields.

2. Napalms and bombards can two shot the mixer.

3. Drop teams can do serious damage if they land too close to the mixer.

4. The large bubble shuttles will fire at the mixer with their turret.

5. Rocket turrets. One barrage, one kill.

---

From someone who's addicted to the flasks and jugs...

1. Bring a CC warframe. With my Rhino Prime, I just throw on my iron skin and then go stomping.

2. Bring a weapon or two, that can melt faces. My soma prime has a crit build with viral status, and includes the Hunter Munitions mod (ignore the insane laughter).

---

If you're on PC, feel free to hit me up. My clan is either away for Thanksgiving or just not interested in the event, so I'm breaking my butt for the clan trophy. 

I saw a 6100 Latcher once and wrote it off as just my imagination or me misreading. I tend to bounce around at high speed so it's easy to misread tiny numbers. But I guess it wasn't just me... :surprised: (I run a safety slowva for these unless I'm not solo and someone else in team has one, so I've never actually lost a mixer to one.)

On 19.11.2017 г. at 12:37 PM, Zlepper said:

Something can kill the mixer in the quest way to fast. For example in the following clip the mixer dies in two hits from something, over the span of roughly 3 seconds. That doesn't sound entirely fair, and is actually quite a bit frustrating: https://imgur.com/a/TUIAx

Normally i don't have a problem with challenges, but that is just a smidge too much...

ok

On 11/19/2017 at 5:37 AM, Zlepper said:

That blue ring is from the Tusk Reaver slamming the ground. They are the Tusk variant of the, Bailiff.  http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Bailiff#Tusk Reaver

They're insanely nasty against the mixer, but your video shows a secondary explosion. It's probably due to those 6K  Latchers that show up sometimes. 

Edited by GrazewoundZero

I've only had the mixer destroyed one time, and I wish I was recording when it happened.  Took about 2 seconds and I could visibly see the health gradually go down the whole time.  Not bursted down, it was more of a constant damage thing.

I've been killed countless times by high level latchers out in the Plains, I thought I was just seeing overlapping numbers from a stack of latchers this whole time.  I'll be at full health with over shields, duck behind a rock to reload and see a latcher explode and instantly kill me.

Edited by hatchetman