Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hunter Munitions builds

Bobmcq11

Hello all,

Curious to see what builds you all are coming up with to min/max with Hunter Munitions. I’m pretty excited by the possibilities on this one, what success has everyone had so far with it? I know crit weapons are where it’s at for this mod, so what builds for Amprex/Soma/etc? Does this make Paris Prime a monster now?

Thanks,

Bob

Damage, multishot, crit chance, crit damage, and hunter munitions for your standard crit weapon build. The last 3 mods will depend on the weapon and enemies you fight.

Generally: 2x Elemental + Vigilante Armaments if armor scaling is not too big of an issue or if you can apply corrosive procs quickly. Replace Vigilante Armaments with fire rate for charge weapons.

When armor becomes an issue then you want to replace it with bleed boosting damage.

For Rifles: Vigilante Armaments + Continuous Misery + Bane mod

For shotguns, only Vaykor Hek and Arca Plasmor really benefit from it.

Vaykor Hek: Point blank, hell's chamber, blunderbuss, ravage, hunter munitions, vigilante armaments, blaze, vicious spread/cleanse mod

Arca Plasmor: Same as above but replace vicious spread/cleanse mod and blaze with viral mods for the status proc.

Edited by MrJxt

It fits with one of the most powerful weapons, Soma Prime. My current build:

Serration, Split Chamber, Heavy Caliber, Hunter Munitions, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Primed Cryo Rounds, Stormbringer. 

Hunter Munitions syncronizes well with viral procs, since slash damage bypasses shields directly to health, isn't affected by armor and viral reduces overall health, making it an extremely strong combo. I wouldn't say its overpowered because it's not effective on every single crit weapon and on heavy hitting weapons, like the Opticor, it can either one shot lvl 150 bombards or have no effect at all, depending on the proc. So weapons like Vaykor Hek, Soma Prime, Dex Sybaris/Sybaris Prime or Tenora should work great, but its range is somewhat limited. Condition Overload would certainly be more overpowered, but I figure Munitions will be slightly pricier than Argon Scope sometime after the event ends.

Weapons in my opinion that have not been listed yet:

Lenz, Attica, Zhuge, Zenith, Latron(s), Mutalist Quanta especially shooting through Bubble with Primary, Miter, Opticor, Arca Plasmor, Penta, Ignis Wraith, Buzlok, Grinlok, Vulkar Wraith, even Daikyu..

Especially if a player is using Arcane Avenger/Any Kavat/Harrow Covenant 

Attica and Zhuge I think are the auto-firing underdogs as they are the high base damage automatics. (My opinion : the best Single Target Bow weapons in the game due to Sortie Bow class definition)*

Lenz, Simulor, Tonkor, Secura Penta, and Opticor seem like a decent way to get AoE Bleed damage Paired with formidable crit damage on targets.