Do people actually use the in game Voice chat?

I honestly feel like the only one that uses it cause most of the replies back to my comments made in game are, "Game too loud, can't hear you/your mic sux &#!.", "Who are you talking to?(because they have it disabled and they see someone typing responses that make no sense) or no response at all. Far and few are the responses to me when I use voice chat.

4 minutes ago, watermane2000 said:

TFW Push to Talk is off by defult?

I'm led to believe this, for my first few months of playing I had no clue people could hear me through the voice chat. It was 50% complaining, 50% weird singing. I turned off the voice chat and keep my mic unplugged. 

Just now, SergeantSunshine said:

I'm led to believe this, for my first few months of playing I had no clue people could hear me through the voice chat. It was 50% complaining, 50% weird singing. I turned off the voice chat and keep my mic unplugged. 

Time to head to the feedback forums I guess.

The only time I had someone being actaully understable in the in-game voip was in an Eidolon Hunt when the squad is going Cetus>Plains, I found out the HOST has to load first, else we all scatter. We was telling us when to head to the gates, cause he loaded in.

I have v-chat on all the time and people rarely ever use it because 99% of people don’t even know it is there.

The few times I have heard people use it they was really nice to the other people, only 1-2 times do I remember people being toxic to others.

4 hours ago, Saetun said:

Is there even a push to talk option?  I was looking for it and couldn't find anything.

See the thing is for some reason they decieded that in order to enable Push to Talk, you have to first bind it in your control setting. weird right?

6 hours ago, neverplayserious said:

I turned voice chat of after a few hours in warframe, all you get are people with extremely heavy breathing whilst having their mic shoved down their throat.

I use it but pretty much this or you can hear the mission and the Lotus through the other guys mic causing a weird echo. 

Or babies crying, SOs arguing while the team has to hit mute or be subjected to it. I stick to team speak for anything requiring Call.

I only turn on my mic if the baby is crying, I have a cold, I'm eating, I want to yell for no reason, or if my Mom wants me to do things but I can't pause an online game.

1 hour ago, Emeryst said:

But where does the voice come from if warframes don't have mouths? :scared:

Sound is vibrations through the air and Warframes can summon ice walls and rock minions from nowhere. It's safe to say they can do something so trivial as to create noise that resembles speech.

I did not even know it was available until I got into a team of Turks yesterday and had the "pleasure" of listening to their discussion about what the best kebab recipe out there is or whatever they were talking about. I am turning it off...

Edited by Mr.SpookSpook