Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Support Ticket Wait Time is Ridiculous

Auramaru

This and everything about this. I am at a month and there is yet a response. Even if the response would be we are looking into it or this is an issue we cannot fix at this time I would understand. But 1 month without any form of communication is piss poor and should never be acceptable. 

POE happened, you can see just by looking at the steam charts that the population increase was significant, many players returned and that means good chunk of tichets are regarding locked accounts that need to be unlocked for players to play once again.

They were relatively fast on certain tickets and rather slow on another group of tickets, POE made the situation a tad worse, so just endure, eventually it will return to the normal 1 - 2 weeks of wait time.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb KIREEK:

POE happened, you can see just by looking at the steam charts that the population increase was significant, many players returned and that means good chunk of tichets are regarding locked accounts that need to be unlocked for players to play once again.

They were relatively fast on certain tickets and rather slow on another group of tickets, POE made the situation a tad worse, so just endure, eventually it will return to the normal 1 - 2 weeks of wait time.

https://imgur.com/a/MhdnE

Normal? Its already beyond normal.

I think tickets should be sorted out by priority, like i'm certain lot of noobs are sending tickets to complain about bugs (that DE already knows about) instead of coming here to talk about these. Some people with way better important issues are still desperately waiting for help to happen...

Edited by Skyward42

Yup, going on 1mo since my plat suddenly went missing. I mean, it's good to know other people are having issues, but this is absolutely ridiculous.

How are they expecting people to play their game if they won't help people who've paid for things? This has entirely sworn me off DE as a whole and the game at large and I've been forced to do nothing but sharply turn away friends who are interested, or at the very least tell them not to buy ANYTHING. S#&$, when 1,300 Platinum goes missing, of plat I bought from the damn company and they refuse to do anything about it? You better believe I'm not spending a dime on the game again, and I strongly caution anybody else. They don't care if it's a serious issue or a small one it seems. They don't hire proper customer support, and quite frankly, they don't care about their players. 

Been here for 4yrs, always figured if I had an issue like most supports I'd get it fixed. Boy was I wrong! Never, not once in my entire life have I seen support this bad. Even the cable companies have better track records! I quite honestly cannot see anybody willingly playing this game knowing that it's basically a Rogue-like. If you get in trouble, if things go missing, you get hacked, or anything happens to your account; it's gone. I hope some of you reading this keep that in mind. If you lose something through no fault of your own, you're not getting it back.

They don't care about you, your years of loyalty, or your account. They already got whatever money they did out of you. And for those of you treating this like the American Healthcare system, namely: "That sucks, but it won't happen to me" I hope you're aware that once it does, you'll be in the same boat and will receive the exact level of support talked about here (zero). If we don't - collectively, as a community - make some noise and demand to be treated better, they won't care. They're a company, all they care about is their bottom-line. Make noise, warn people off the game for lack of support, and if it eventually reaches them via whatever PR machine they're running, maybe they'll make a change.

If you can say how great you pay attention to your players, then turn a blind eye when they need help, that's not paying attention. The measure of a company's support is when things are at the worst, not at the best.

Hire some more damn support temps and fix people's issues.

15 days honestly isnt even that bad, most games ive played somewhere would have average response times listed and it was always like 14-20 days (as most of the support staff if not all for the games don't even work during weekends)

i mean shoot lasttime i used support on a daybreak owned game was DC universe and i believe daybreak actually took over their support (i believe DE atleast still runs their own support, well atleast i hope lol), i had to wait 20 something days for a mod to literally call me a liar and say i was trying to game the system, in a massive profanity filled answer he called me so many names said i would receive no help and he closed my ticket, i sent an update to my ticket which force reopened it and the same mod sent me another profanity filled message and reclosed my ticket and then banned me from support for attempting to go over his head, took me 14 more days till i got myself access to an admin who unblocked all my account stuff, apologized for the mods behavior and assisted me with the issue

So all and all from a personal stand point DE support still better then DC Universe support lol

Edited by Tokens210

@Kestiel

Couldn't agree more. I'm a 4 year player and just got back into the game after a hiatus, in less than 2 weeks I had spent over 300 dollars because I wanted to support this game and what I thought was awesome developers. Then I suddenly get banned till 2035 for no reason, the automated system sucks. DE knows it sucns, the players know it sucks, and they refuse to fix it. After looking online since the system wont even say why you where banned. It looks like the system targeted me because I had failing RAM. Yeah thanks for warning me about my RAM DE, A ban really helped me avoid it crashing my computer a week later!

I've never cheated in a game, and to be accused of it in a game I love/loved, a game I've spent a lot of money and time on, a game I made great friends with on. It really hurts and leaves a terrible taste in my mouth, especially going on 2 weeks with support and only getting a single automated message 5 days after I submitted a ticket.

This is just so disheartening, when/if I get my account back I'm probably going to go back on hiatus because I'll be to afraid to login and get banned again for no reason/ fault of my own. I especially will never be buying any platinum again.

I really love the community and the people that I've met playing this game, and during low points over the past few years this game was a way to escape my depression. So this S#&$ is just really demoralizing, I just feel betrayed and I'm frustrated and it sucks. But DE doesn't care because they already got my money.

29 minutes ago, Kestiel said:

Hire some more damn support temps and fix people's issues.

So when are you cutting the check to DE to pay all these people you want them to magically hire?

DE began this game with crowd funding, their not a major AAA title studio, before this game they mostly were a studio hired to help bigger studios finish games

once this game launched DE had to pay themselves, their employees, outside hired help and for servers out of their own pockets as the money trickling in from PA and plat weren't enough to sustain the company for long, which is why they were looking for a backer company (i believe they even stated the number or posted it somewhere that DE had to let go something like 20-30% of its total staff cause they flat out couldn't afford to pay them, may be mistaken on the numbers but i know people got let go due to money reasons)

Daybreak Investment now called Daybreak Games bought into Warframe and became their backer, but that doesn't allow DE to spend crazy money on things, it actually added someone else they needed to pay money too

DE also doesnt seem to have a Market or PR department at all from the looks of things, i didnt even find out this game existed till beginning of year 2, and since then i have literally seen no advertisements of any kinda for the game what so ever unless im actually searching for the game, Since POE tho the attention it got, the new players it brought etc etc then the trailer contest right afterwards im guessing DE is gonna attempt to fix that at somepoint

Edited by Tokens210

^ This

Support is a cost centre, it makes no money so management keep the teams as small as they can to reduce costs. If support people are seen sitting around doing nothing because it is quiet the team will be reduced. This leads to a team that is only really capable of handling things in the quietest times and if they get busier management just think "they will get through it all eventually". Things have to be really bad for a fairly long time before management will think of hiring more staff, if at all.

I've got 25+ years experience in the field and that is how support teams are always handled. Things are slightly better if you are on a team where support is a paid service and service level is monitored closely but management still want to keep the team as small as possible a) because it leads to extra profit and b) because if you employ too many you still have support people sitting around doing nothing in the quiet times which is unacceptable to management.

Also, hiring temps doesn't really work because they have to be trained up so they are all but useless for a few weeks/months as they have to ask experienced team members for every answer so it actually reduces the number of experienced staff dealing with tickets.

Used to it by now. Along with being given instructions comparable to 'did you plug it in'? There are a few ways you can get them to notice you sooner if you need to but I think most of us just roll over. I've had ducats disappear, this, that, the other thing - whenever I have spoken up about this issue, DE employees suggested that I utilize the forums as much as possible. :< 

• 2 weeks later...

Sidenote: Finally got an answer something like 35 days into the support ticket. @(*()&#036; pitiful - and it was the typical automated response. Nothing personal about it. Neither PM I sent to Community Managers has been read yet. 

GG no re, DE. Just not gonna spend money on the game anymore. Ez pz decision there lmao.

I just returned after a 4 year hiatus to find out my account was suspended from trading. I have been waiting on a support ticket now for over a month, not so much as a "we're working on it". I don't understand how a company can suspended accounts who haven't played in a while without the required support staff to solve the issue should they return. From what I've seen this is a common problem to returning players. I hope DE steps up and works to fix the problem, because frankly waiting over a month for an issue that restricts playing the game should be considered a major issue.

Could they not afford to keep these workers overtime to solve the backlog? Or maybe add Saturday to the workweek? I just can't see how there isn't a solution to this somehow.

Edited by VivaLaColdplaya
additions and corrections