Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tired of everyone saying Cernos Prime is trash?? (Look no further!)

Dahx11

Ever since it's release, the Cernos Prime was panned by players for under performing compared to other bows like Dread and Rakta Cernos.

I however, quickly fell in love with this bow due to it's built in multi-arrow shots and room clearing capabilities. With the addition of the new set mods, this opened up brand new opportunities for this weapon.

In this thread I will be showcasing 2 builds.

Build 1:

AgHGdS4.png

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

What truly shines with this build is the combination of Hunter Munitions and Vigilante Armaments.

HM gives you a 30% slash proc chance with each critical hit. With 87.5 crit chance on each arrow and the multishot given to you by VA and Split Chamber (giving you a total of 8 - 9 arrows per shot), you are almost guaranteed multiple slash procs per shot. 

Despite the low status chance, the Viral procs greatly reduce enemy heath and at the same time doubles the damage of those slash procs!

Build 2 (with Riven):

44d3ggO.png

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

The Riven I have equipped gives the Cernos Prime an additional Crit Damage, Status chance and Electricity Damage; turning this into a corrosive build. With the extra mod slot, I am able to add Vile acceleration for less charge time and faster dps. (You can easily swap it out for VA if that is your preferred play style) However, with less arrows being fired at once, each arrow is dealing a higher percentage of your overall damage. This means less penalty for arrows not hitting the enemy.

Now you can argue that, Hunter Munitions is doing all the work but in the end, who cares? The same can be said for a lot of mods (IE maiming strike, condition overload etc.) The point of this thread was to prove that the Cernos Prime can be a great weapon with the right mods (just like any other weapon). 

P.S. Yes I know it's simulacrum and the enemy is lvl 100 and not 150 but it's still performing better than it did at release.

Edited by Dahx11

It's never been trash, anyway. It's always just had a less-than-accepted use scenario for the meta-kids to care about so they ran to the forums to say it was garbage.

Regardless, this setup is great but Hunter Munitions still benefits the Rakta Cernos more as you don't even have to give up a useful slot to put it on the bow.

Just now, Magicfingers said:

as long as you're doing the simulacrum enjoy it. lets see a video of you using it in the game and then try and say that

Because we casually fight level 100 heavy gunners as a part of regular Warframe gameplay...

4 minutes ago, Dahx11 said:

Because we casually fight level 100 heavy gunners as a part of regular Warframe gameplay...

ok. i understand now. you'll only fight level 100 enemies in the simulacrum while you're invincible. so let me ask you this. what missions do you actually use it in?

ok. i understand now. you'll only fight level 100 enemies in the simulacrum while you're invincible. so let me ask you this. what missions do you actually use it in?

Pretty much any mission I feel like using a bow in and Bow only sorties

That's not what they're trying to say. How often are you going to be fighting level 100+ enemies in regular gameplay to make the Cernos prime a bad weapon?

ok, let's compromise. show us a level 100 heavy gunner video of you in the simulacrum using it, but don't be invincible. then we'll see how good it is.

So a weapon is as good as how well your warframe can survive? Makes sense...

IMO, its still a bizarre bow/shotgun combination that takes a year to charge/reload, does terrible damage per shot (when compared to normal bows) and has the status chance/shot problem from shotguns.

Equipping the mandatory mods (damage, multishot, crits, 2 elementals) already takes 6 slots. Then you want to reduce charge rate and thats 7 slots for either Vile Acceleration or a riven, and you are left with only one slot for something.

And it was basically killed by the Lenz, as long you dont use it in close ranged combat.