Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.3.5

[DE]Megan

22 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Your feedback on the Plague Keewar change is being heard. We're currently requesting more information with the designers right now - stay tuned.

To share some insight, the change was due to the Stance having a decrease in Speed, where a Scythe Stance should (and will) have increased speed to balance out a slower Stance.

It's also worth noting that we have a new Zaw Scythe Strike in the works. I know that doesn't fix the issue at hand, but it's never bad to know what we're working on! 

We will post again in this thread when we have more information from our designers - thank you. 

I sincerely think Keewar being able to use machete stances (Cyclone Kraken in particular) was one of the best buffs it could possibly ask for. Scythe stances are slow, clunky and massive pains to use because half of the animations are spent spinning around instead of actually striking the enemy. What was a painfully slow weapon to use (even with Primed Fury other weapons outspeeding it) now became really powerful with the rapid multistrike swings of Cyclone Kraken and it's getting reverted back.

Kind of disappointing that it's getting reverted back tbh. Perhaps a new scythe stance is overdue?

I dunno if this was asked about, but what about changing 2 handed to the scythe? 

People seem to want machete stances still, since Zaws are much better than what machetes actually exist in game. So, change the two handed into a scythe since people still want a scythe. It gives people scythes, without taking away the machete people want. Right?

...and someone's gonna ask about staffs. Not polearms, which are good, but staffs. Nobody's voiced about them but it's still possible.

On 11/20/2017 at 7:01 PM, HexCaliber said:

You may be, but not everyone is.

There should be benefits and shortfalls when picking one companion type over another, just as there is when picking one frame over another, otherwise the various companions are reduced to little more than skins. We managed to play perfectly fine without any vacuum for a couple of years, they should never have changed vacuum into a precept usable by all sentinels, then this would never have been an issue.

The real problem at the moment is that the benefits of using one type of companion over another needs a balance pass to create even greater diversity and utility between them, not less, which is the direction adding a universal vacuum takes. Extend the new 3m universal vacuum out to 11m and we may as well poll DE to have all dropped loot automagically added to your inv and do away with all the object spam.

The thing is some of us see loot as you do. Something you can miss. Other see it as something you worked for and don't want the chance of missing so long as your within 11m or so. I believe there SHOULD be benefits that some companions have that others don't. I just think that maybe, a core mechanic in other games shouldn't be the deciding factor. As you know, carrier was king of companions for a long time.

On 11/20/2017 at 5:18 PM, [DE]Megan said:

To share some insight, the change was due to the Stance having a decrease in Speed, where a Scythe Stance should (and will) have increased speed to balance out a slower Stance.

It's also worth noting that we have a new Zaw Scythe Strike in the works. I know that doesn't fix the issue at hand, but it's never bad to know what we're working on! 

Awesome to hear about the qol, much love
New strike hype <3

What about the damage multipliers for scythes? Any extra range, diff blockage, crits mas e menos, status changes? spin2win maybe?

Not sure if this was intended or not but I've noticed that enemies do not drop sniper or bow ammo much (if at all) on the plains, and the ammo "stations" in the camps do not supply those types at all. Also think the scavenger and/or the ammo mutation mods are not working properly in plains. Otherwise thanks for the fixes! Much appreciated!

Why can't we just have the weapon use scythe stances AND machete stances?

You got some people's hopes up with the promise of a scythe zaw. I guess it made them happy or something.

Then the got the rest of our hopes up with allowing it to use one of the greatest stances in the game. Now because the first group who got screwed over are complaining, the solution is to screw the rest of us over.

You've proven it is possible to do with the dual split sword. Make both sides happy; give us BOTH. 

I am surprised that there has been no patch update yet. I would have assumed that it would have been a quick one to revert the scythe and fix the melee problem (the sprint melee) but still nothing. what are you planning DE? my guess is they want to wait till they figure our the whole melee thing cause it sounds like a complicated issue.

Good Luck DE:unairu:

So sorry if this has been stated already but I'm not about to run through 13+ pages of comments, even with ctrl+F.

But as of this update melee attacks cancel sprinting. I have toggle sprint and at first I was using Wukong whose sprint speed is so abysmal that I wasn't sure if sprint was being canceled or I was just so used to faster warframes that it looked like he wasn't sprinting, but then I switched to my Ember and found her constantly walking instead of sprinting after using melee attacks; spin, quick, or regular. Since Ember isn't particularly fast I decided to check on my Valkyr whom has Rush and Armored Agility, and again sprint kept getting canceled, using 3 different weapons.

Again sorry if this was already stated but no-one in my clan has brought it up so I thought maybe nobody noticed somehow.

1 hour ago, Uzkost said:

So sorry if this has been stated already but I'm not about to run through 13+ pages of comments, even with ctrl+F.

But as of this update melee attacks cancel sprinting. I have toggle sprint and at first I was using Wukong whose sprint speed is so abysmal that I wasn't sure if sprint was being canceled or I was just so used to faster warframes that it looked like he wasn't sprinting, but then I switched to my Ember and found her constantly walking instead of sprinting after using melee attacks; spin, quick, or regular. Since Ember isn't particularly fast I decided to check on my Valkyr whom has Rush and Armored Agility, and again sprint kept getting canceled, using 3 different weapons.

Again sorry if this was already stated but no-one in my clan has brought it up so I thought maybe nobody noticed somehow.

A couple other people on this page mentioned it, and I came to complain about it as well. The more stink we raise, though, the more likely they'll fix it quickly.

Archived