Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.3.5

[DE]Megan

1 minute ago, OvisCaedo said:

...What? I hate the zaw system anyhow, so this doesn't affect me, but what on earth kind of change is this? It was even in the item description that it made scythes, so it was clearly intended to originally. Why would you change it now after people had already made them??

Agreed, i want my scythe :(

(i also thought the scythe blade was a handle lol. my bad, still we have kama as a one handed scythe, i think)

A shame about Hunter Synergy being for the pet - if it were a reverse link that allowed the pet to buff the player, like Hunter Recovery, it'd have been as a serious buff to pet viability. 

EDIT: It also would have been a big help if you had the system rotate the relic rewards on Plague Star like with the other bounties. I know it's only a temporary issue since the event is for a limited time, but it's still bothersome by design to see nothing but H1's. 

29 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.3.5

Changes:

• Changed the Plague Keewar Infested Strike Stance to Machete from Scythe when using one-handed grips. 

So since you changed the Keewar from being a single handed Scythe (I feel bad for everyone who built one specifically for that reason, and I'm glad I held out from doing so), can we have the two handed Grip changed from Staff to Scythe instead, or are you Hellbent on not giving us proper length, two handed Scythes that players have been asking for for years? I know you said you'd think about it, but why not start with letting us build one? Heck, why not just put out a Scythe head that can be made into a Scythe with a two handed Grip or a machete (a la Kama) with a one handed Grip? ...Come to think of it, why wasn't that what the Plague Keewar was to begin with?

2 minutes ago, Hyday said:

still we have kama as a one handed scythe, i think

Kama counts as a machete, which is possibly the thinking behind changing Plague Keewar to a machete when one-handed but still leaves us without a scythe option that some people bought it (and used it) with the intention of making.

Welp buying the scythe strike was a complete waste of standing, glad I didn't waste resources crafting it too. Also btw you didn't change the tooltip so now people that doesn't follow the patchnotes are gonna buy a lie, it still says it makes either scythe or staff.

Best would be if you just reverted the change though, I was looking forward to maybe finally getting a scythe I enjoy using :( .

made the scythe zaw aprox 1hr ago, now its a damn machette, i already have a machete type zaw. i made the scythe one cos it was a scythe one. do i need to say scythe a few more times? please for the love of lotus change it back i actually like scythes. SCYTHE SCYTHE SCYTHE SCYTHE SCYTHE SCYTHE SCYTHE SCYTHE SCYTHE SCYTHE SCYTHE SCYTHE SCYTHE SCYTHE SCYTHE SCYTHE

I thought the whole point of Zaws was to be able to make the weapon you wanted, but apparently not.  Apparently it is to stat-modify a bunch of preset polearms, daggers, machetes, and staffs.

When I saw the Infested Zaw parts I went "oh cool now we can make scythes and rapiers, too, and toss on elemental damage - they're actually fleshing it out."  Barring that the rapier is still a rapier (though based on this latest change, I wouldn't count on it to stay as one), that is no longer the case.  It's just elemental damage tacked onto what we already had on Plains release.  Utterly lame.

I got at least one copy of all the Infested Zaw components so I could make truly unique Zaws after the event based on what I felt like I wanted to construct, and it was the scythe IN PARTICULAR that I was most interested in making, but now it feels like I just wasted a bunch of standing I could have spent on Forma and the hard-to-obtain Plains resources.

TL;DR:  So, are we getting back the scythe so that Zaws can actually be customizable rather than a lame gimmick?  Because the latest change makes it look like [DE] wants them to just be a gimmick and not actually a means to make the weapons we want.  I am very displeased at this change.

45 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Zaws with Covert Lethality and Exodia Epidemic unintentionally insta killing enemies. Covert Lethality does not carry over to projectiles or other effects created by weapons, and only applies on Melee finishers.

@[DE]Megan oh come on, this is not a bug, its a feature. -.-

49 минут назад, [DE]Megan сказал:

Fixed Zaws with Covert Lethality and Exodia Epidemic unintentionally insta killing enemies. Covert Lethality does not carry over to projectiles or other effects created by weapons, and only applies on Melee finishers.

RIP

Still no rollback of operator helmets disabling cosmetics. Why do you insist on dictating what we are and aren't allowed to wear togther DE? I purchased the helmet specifically because of how it looked when worn alongside the Atmos mask, If I want to wear two cosmtics clipping into each other it should be our prerrogative. This change is the equivalent of disabling all syandanas on trinity just because a few of them clip.

And I'm going to keep posting about this every time I can until this change is reverted.

Archived