Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.3.5

[DE]Megan

12 minutes ago, SpaceBad said:

A shame about Hunter Synergy being for the pet - if it were a reverse link that allowed the pet to buff the player, like Hunter Recovery, it'd have been as a serious buff to pet viability. 

While I like the idea it might be a bit broken with kavats and bite mod. 

Having said that I'm not sure hunter synergy is being calculated because I've tried my dread and my lenz (seems to work off primary), both with 125% crit and they come out with a different end value when they 'should' be the same.    Also not sure they're getting '30%' either but then as usual lack of accurate info doesn't really help. 

45 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changes:

• Changed the Plague Keewar Infested Strike Stance to Machete from Scythe when using one-handed grips. 

"An Infested scythe or staff head strike" This is literally the Plague Keewar's description.

This change doesn't make any sense, and it's really aggravating. This is the first Zaw that I didn't name something like "Primed Disappointment" or "Absolutely Zawful".

It was the first Zaw that I enjoyed, and even forma'ed. Now it's an infested scythe or staff head strike but only makes machete, or a staff? I don't even want the forma back, catalyst, or the components back. Just an answer to why?

48 minutes ago, MokutoBunshi said:

In case you were wondering DE *whispers* yes we are still interested in full vacuum universal.

You may be, but not everyone is.

There should be benefits and shortfalls when picking one companion type over another, just as there is when picking one frame over another, otherwise the various companions are reduced to little more than skins. We managed to play perfectly fine without any vacuum for a couple of years, they should never have changed vacuum into a precept usable by all sentinels, then this would never have been an issue.

The real problem at the moment is that the benefits of using one type of companion over another needs a balance pass to create even greater diversity and utility between them, not less, which is the direction adding a universal vacuum takes. Extend the new 3m universal vacuum out to 11m and we may as well poll DE to have all dropped loot automagically added to your inv and do away with all the object spam.

the changes to Plague Keewar no longer being a scythe need to be reverted OR DE needs to refund the parts and forma used to everyone that had INTENTIONALLY built a scythe zaw. as well as an affinity booster on top of that to make up for lost time. absolutely ridiculous that a change like this happens past the first day of them being added to the game. that is the only grace period you are allowed to touch up such major things.

6 minutes ago, Tyfyter2002 said:

what do you like about it? Machetes are the worst class of melee weapon in every way possible!

I just prefer Cyclone Kraken as a stance over the scythe ones, and always thought the Keewar with one-handed handle looked a bit more like an axe. I honestly wouldn't mind if they changed it back to a scythe, the melee sprint bug is the bigger issue to me.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! I'm going to need a refund on my scythe if you're going to just take it away. The entire reason I spent the time, resources, and potato on it is because I wanted an infested zaw scythe. I'd like to have all of that back please. I already have a machete and I don't particularly want another. Please reconsider this change or offer a refund. That's just not cool.

It'd be nice if we could get refunded for the Scythe-to-Machete change. I'm glad I waited until after the patch dropped to Gild the thing, but this is just... really disappointing. I actually had a scythe worth using, but I guess we won't get that now.

4 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

Aww maaan. cmon, let us use the onehanded scythes! It was fun and not game breaking! A little silly looking but cmon! You let us keep the giant blade skin for Zenistar and the tenno space program(Sonicor + Blast) Let us keep this, cmon now...

tenno space program?

It's very evident that very little of the playerbase has Cyclone Kraken still, so machetes are still synonymous with utter garbage to them. This is a symptom of a larger issue, DE, exacerbated by the fact that we've all been wanting real, full-fantasy-length scythes forever, and not the ornamental pickaxes that 'scythes' have been shackled to thus far with the game. If you've made fantasy-sized monstrosities like the Galatine, are currently in the process of making a larger-than-the-player no-dachi, there's no reason to say 'no' to the fantasy two-handed scythes at this point. 

There was recently an episode of Man At Arms: Reforged, where they crafted the Hate 'scythe' in real life. In the weapon demo testing, it was used as a piercing pickaxe. Not a scythe. That speaks volumes of how far short of the weapon name the current ones fall. 

At the present moment you've not only snuffed out a glimmer of hidden-gem hope, but gone so far as to smear it with what's (understandably) seen as the worst-of-the-worst filth. Sure, Cyclone Kraken exists, but that fact doesn't act as a band-aid to this situation. 

1 minute ago, SpaceBad said:

It's very evident that very little of the playerbase has Cyclone Kraken still, so machetes are still synonymous with utter garbage to them. This is a symptom of a larger issue, DE, exacerbated by the fact that we've all been wanting real, full-fantasy-length scythes forever, and not the ornamental pickaxes that 'scythes' have been shackled to thus far with the game. If you've made fantasy-sized monstrosities like the Galatine, are currently in the process of making a larger-than-the-player no-dachi, there's no reason to say 'no' to the fantasy two-handed scythes at this point. 

There was recently an episode of Man At Arms: Reforged, where they crafted the Hate 'scythe' in real life. In the weapon demo testing, it was used as a piercing pickaxe. Not a scythe. That speaks volumes of how far short of the current ones fall of the actual weapon name. 

At the present moment you've not only snuffed out a glimmer of hidden-gem hope, but gone so far as to smear it with what's (understandably) seen as the worst-of-the-worst filth. Sure, Cyclone Kraken exists, but that fact doesn't act as a band-aid to this situation. 

the main problem with machetes is their insanely slow animations, and cyclone kraken doen't fix those

1 minute ago, Plasma_Panda said:

the changes to Plague Keewar no longer being a scythe need to be reverted OR DE needs to refund the parts and forma used to everyone that had INTENTIONALLY built a scythe zaw. as well as an affinity booster on top of that to make up for lost time. absolutely ridiculous that a change like this happens past the first day of them being added to the game. that is the only grace period you are allowed to touch up such major things.

honestly, I've had no gripes with DE or Warframe except with this one change, completely flushed my time, materials, rep, and even plat i used to craft this scythe zaw down the drain. I really don't see how completely changing an event weapons type, a zaw at that, so callously is a good thing. especially doing it almost halfway through the event when a lot of people most certainly have already spent resources and crafted it. 

DE, I love you guys but this change really sucks and it's quite upsetting. Please revert it

DE please.. enough with the naramon lenses, shuffle it up a bit with the other types too.

Also fix the issue where capturing a target invisible with loki and getting instakilled by grinneer drop pods makes it so you can´t continue to capture the grinner target and leading to failed bountie. This happened twice on me, very annoying.

Archived