Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee weapons causes sprint toggle to be reset [Fixed]

Ashendal

Melee in stance mode or quick melee breaks the sprint toggle, hotfix again please.

For some reason, melee attacks of any sort is disabling sprinting.

The game client on the other hand has sprint mode STILL toggled on even though melee attacks have disabled sprinting.

So to actually start running again if you are a Sprint Toggle user, you have to tell the game client to "Turn Off" sprint toggle (Because your sprint toggle is in the "ON" mode even after melee attacks have disabled sprinting) and then another time to "Turn ON"" sprint toggle, effectively hitting the sprint toggle button twice to get sprint mode back up.....

In other words, to enable sprint toggle again after any sort of melee attack, you will need to hit the sprint toggle button twice......................omg please fix this asap.

EDIT:

Found another weird bug related to melee strikes and movement. When using Ivara in Prowl mode,  doing a roll during or after a series of quick melee or stance mode melee button presses breaks her out of Prowl immediately during the roll............................................................

Edited by yrtsim3k

Normally when sprinting and using a melee attack, it will continue the sprint after the attack is finished. After Hotfix 22.3.5 this issue has come up.

I don't remember the entire list of weapons this applied to (like hammers) but this was a feature on things like swords, great-swords, fist weapons, sparring weapons, daggers, pole-arms, claws, whips, staffs, and nikanas that is no longer working if i remember correctly.

Yeah, this is a drag having that broken. Gliding also pulls you out of sprint.

I just played one mission and I think I'm done for the night as I melee a lot. Really screwing up my plague star runs while dealing with all the infested and the hemocyte at the same time.

1 hour ago, modalmojo said:

Right, I was gonna post about this problem!

Sprint toggle now breaks every possible move: melee, aiming, shooting, opening locker, picking up things, etc.! 

Sprint toggle has always worked like this with aiming, shooting, opening lockers, picking up things or interacting with any environmental stuffs that require the Use button, BUT not with melee attacks (melee stance mode) or quick melee attacks.

Found another weird bug related to melee strikes and movement. When using Ivara in Prowl mode,  doing a roll during or after a series of quick melee or stance mode melee button presses breaks her out of Prowl immediately during the roll............................................................

40 minutes ago, yrtsim3k said:

Can you provide a video of this?

I just tried it now, it does not break Prowl at all. I tried with and without the Prowl augment. I could not replicate this.

- Tested with and without toggle sprint.

- Tested with a stave grip weapon.

Edited by krc473

After today's update (Hotfix 22.3.5), this bug seems to be applying to all melee weapons in conclave.

Details——

First, you keep sprinting (default holding Shift button), with any type of weapon switched out (gun or melee or dual weild all ok).

Then you use fast melee or melee combo to attack.

And you will find that the sprinting is automatically disabled, your frame is now walking instead of running.

If you want to sprint again, you must press Shift button for one more time.

Before, if you hold Shift, or turn on switch sprinting, you can always sprint even the melee combo would not break the sprinting state.

I hope this bug can be fixed as soon as possible, it is making meleeing in concalve feels awful.

2 hours ago, krc473 said:

Can you provide a video of this?

I just tried it now, it does not break Prowl at all. I tried with and without the Prowl augment. I could not replicate this.

- Tested with and without toggle sprint.

- Tested with a stave grip weapon.

I am running on a toaster, it will be kind of hard for me to do a video for this,

Just tested it again, yes roll breaks Prowl every time when you are performing melee attacks.

Does not matter whether if u are in sprint mode or not, once u are in prowl, the sprint toggle does not matter.

I'll be more specific.

- Go into Prowl mode.

- Mash your melee attacks from a stationary position., be it quick melee attacks or stance mode melee attacks.

- Whilst you are mashing your  melee attacks, tap on your roll button once, it will break out of Prowl 99.99999% of the time.

- I use "Alt" on the keyboard for roll and long hold on "Alt" for sprint toggle.

39 minutes ago, Sleepdebt said:

this has always been this way since ive been using it, still wondering why though

I will assume that Gliding means that you are in the air while having your weapon zoomed in with RMB to "Glide", if that is the case, that has always been how it is. 

As long as you perform any sort of RMB actions with your primary or secondary weapon, Sprint toggle gets turned off.

The same applies for any actions that involves the "Use" function for picking up stuffs, opening lockers or activating data consoles / pads / spy terminals / etc.

15 minutes ago, yrtsim3k said:

- Whilst you are mashing your  melee attacks, tap on your roll button once, it will break out of Prowl 99.99999% of the time.

I can, and did make a video. I could not replicate this. I have tried it on four occasions now. I cannot replicate it.

What weapon are you using?