Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee weapons causes sprint toggle to be reset [Fixed]

Ashendal

3 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I cannot replicate it with Tonbo either.

Well I am at work now, the only thing I can record a video with is a toaster but anyway, here it goes.

Every time Prowl breaks, that's when I am tapping on my Roll key, and nothing else.

2 minutes ago, yrtsim3k said:

Every time Prowl breaks, that's when I am tapping on my Roll key, and nothing else.

Your roll key does not appear to make you roll though. 

That is exactly what was happening when I forgot which button roll was. I kept hitting the power cast button (resulting in my power being turned off).

So, yes, I can replicate the effect you show. But without using the roll key at all.

13 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Your roll key does not appear to make you roll though. 

That is exactly what was happening when I forgot which button roll was. I kept hitting the power cast button (resulting in my power being turned off).

So, yes, I can replicate the effect you show. But without using the roll key at all.

Are you kidding me? I know exactly where my Roll key is and it has been the same key for more than a year. I did not press Prowl to turn off the ability. If you can't replicate something, do not assume that others are not having the issue, 

So no, just because you can't replicate an issue that another is having does not make your scenario any more valid.

And telling me and making the assumption that I am pressing my Prowl ability to turn Prowl off is ridiculous.

Also, I specified very explicitly the Prowl turning off in the video was caused by  me tapping my Roll key, not my Prowl ability key.

But if you insist that just because you can't replicate the scenario because your word is "Gold", that's fine, just assume I am making this up then, just for the sake of it. 

Whatever floats your boat.

Edited by yrtsim3k

3 hours ago, mushroom312 said:

Yeah, this bug is devastating to my fragor prime build.  Please fix it as soon as you can so I can continue dominating the damage charts with my hammer alone.

As a fellow fragor prime user, I feel your pain. 

Many other topics about this i just start another one for good measure.

In my opinion, aiming, gliding, quick melee, melee, shooting, .. should not turn of toggle sprint.

Why do we even have toggle sprint then?

I use toggle sprint mainly because it hurts my finger after a while when constantly pressing down the button. Please DE fix this and make toggle sprint actually toggle sprint and only toggle off after clicking toggle sprint button again. Thank you kindly.

After hotfix 22.3.5 toggle sprint breaks when performing slide attack.

To reproduce: while in a mission 1) toggle sprint on; 2) perform a sliding attack (melee or ranged).

Expected outcome: after coming out of the slide character continues sprinting.

Actual outcome: after coming out of the slide character moves at walking speed; pressing sprint once does not have visible effect; pressing sprint the second time enables sprinting again until next slide attack.

8 hours ago, Sleepdebt said:

this has always been this way since ive been using it, still wondering why though

Hmm, guess I was forgetting because the extra sprint canceling was frustrating me. But yeah, gliding, bullet jumping, and sprinting should all meld together to keep up the momentum.

19 minutes ago, Rotlung said:

Yeah, it sounds over-dramatic, but I can't play like this.  It sucks being so slow and being forced to mash the sprint button constantly.  I guess I didn't realize how much it's a part of my play style.  

It's like starting a new frame and prioritizing other stuff over dropping Rush on. :laugh:

3 hours ago, Shalath said:

Also, when you get around to fixing it can you also fix it so sprint doesn't toggle off when we fire weapons? That has been driving me nuts for over a year :smile:

It's intended, and I can't stand it as well (as well as any other action that breaks sprinting tbh).

I confirm the sprinting issue as well. Please address this as quickly as possible <3

This bug is a masterpiece. Don't know how it is posibile to release a "hotfix" which breaks such a basic action.

As players reach to this point where they spam a forum with bugs found, i presume the DE doesn't have a test(QA) department. So players are free testers. Awesome...

2 hours ago, Scourger said:

It's intended, and I can't stand it as well (as well as any other action that breaks sprinting tbh).

I confirm the sprinting issue as well. Please address this as quickly as possible <3

It was not intended, I remember in a Dev stream they said they will look into this sprint toggle breaking problem (aiming, shooting, interacting, etc.).

Not sure now, because this problem has never been fixed for years despite numerous posts complaining this problem!