Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Restore Operator Facial Cosmetic Functionality

MosAnted

Update 22.3.0 added more customization options for operator, but also introduced an unwarranted, unwanted change that broke mine and several others' looks: Hiding any and all facial accessories when using any of the Helmets and Masks introduced in PoE. According to a staff member that's an intended change since "Some accesories had clipping issues". This is the equivalent of, say, disabling all syandanas on Trinity due to some of them clipping with her Lobster tail.

In the past DE has stated they don't want to dictate fashionframe, so why this change now? If two items clip and I don't like how they look, I can just unequip one of them. OTOH, if I like the look, I should be allowed to keep them. This change is forcing us to the first scenario and limiting our choice.

I urge anyone else dissatisfied with this change to post here and make yourselves heard.

Edited by MosAnted

Agreed, would like this decision reviewed for a potential overturn as well. Took me a second to realize what felt "off" when I was surfing through the new customization options. Some items may indeed clip terribly, but it would be no different than figuring out what looks good/bad on my frame given all of the clipping that goes on there.

One option could be to implement a placement system on some elements similar to the melee weapon holster placement system that currently exists. I've always hoped that similar options for placement would be implemented for the other weapon slots, syandanas, and armor attachments. Those, along with some of the operator customization elements you are getting at, could really benefit from such systems on the fashionframe end of things.

Can this please be reverted. I bought a new operator suit for plat(Vahd I believe)because screw building it from Quills standing n' such. Don't have time for that.

Soon after this update was pushed, and the Ki'Teer atmos mask/ears, which I'd use one or the other since both could not be equipped, looked really nice when paired with it. Now neither can be used, and the enclosed mask of the Vahd hat does not look all too great. Which I substituted it for he Ki'Teer mask, when not using the ear parts.

PLEASE. Revert this change. If what OP says is true, you would not dictate fashion n' such, then revert it. As if it clips and bothers people they can just simply unequip it or something. This would be like removing ability to use various syandanas from Warframes as they provide clipping issues on certain frames.

4 hours ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

I've posted in every update thread specifically to pursue this goal, and even spoke to one of the tech support guys on his break. This is something I'd massively appreciate being fixed.

Me too, and I intened to keep posting and updating this thread until this is addressed.

• 2 weeks later...