Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PS4] Unable to connect. Please try again.

(PSN)K-Y-N-G

Im unable to login to Warframe on PS4 via my modem. 

Yet I can login via my mobile phones hotspot. 

Is my modem IP being blocked for some reason? 

Tried all the troubleshooting tips listed by DE. 

None of them work. 

Only hotspotting works. 

Why is this and how can i fix it? 

The only thing I did differently from what I normally do is I used promo codes ingame. 

FREESWORD and some Glyph codes like BIKEMAN and PROFESSORBROMAN. 

Logout, hours later came back... But cant login... 

First time this has happened... 

Anyone have a fix for this? 

I can see numerous others on all platforms have the same issue. 

Yet with hotspot im able to login. 

Is it a promo bug? 

Using certain promos locks you out of warframe or bans you?

Its not my console since hotspot works. 

Its not my Internet since im using it to post this

I dunno what else i can try and troubleshoot for a fix.

Can anyone at DE confirm this is a bug? 

Since I'm not the only one. 

After the last official Update (yesterday), on trying to log-in, I get the black rectangle with the "Unable to Connect. Please try again"...it's been that way since the download happened; I was 'in a mission, and, a bar appeared to state "Stay in Mission, Download in Progress" - or something like that. Now, 12 or so hours later, I still can't log on.

Have checked and re-checked all connections; they are functioning as normal. I can even log in to other online games without issue.

I am loathe to download the complete game and do a fresh install, in case I wipe everything in the process; that would be bad.

So, looking forward to learning about a fix...like a lot of people, it seems.

Cheers!

4 minutes ago, (PS4)PandaPapa146 said:

After the last official Update (yesterday), on trying to log-in, I get the black rectangle with the "Unable to Connect. Please try again"...it's been that way since the download happened; I was 'in a mission, and, a bar appeared to state "Stay in Mission, Download in Progress" - or something like that. Now, 12 or so hours later, I still can't log on.

Have checked and re-checked all connections; they are functioning as normal. I can even log in to other online games without issue.

I am loathe to download the complete game and do a fresh install, in case I wipe everything in the process; that would be bad.

So, looking forward to learning about a fix...like a lot of people, it seems.

Cheers!

Also, just noticed this: 'Update Application to Use Network Features' msg appears on-screen after I hit the 'load' button on WF...then, I get the black rectangle msg. This is a circular argument problem: how can the PS4 update to use the network features if it won't actually connect to the Net to download said update?

Oh dear, this is not good.

1 hour ago, (PS4)PandaPapa146 said:

Also, just noticed this: 'Update Application to Use Network Features' msg appears on-screen after I hit the 'load' button on WF...then, I get the black rectangle msg. This is a circular argument problem: how can the PS4 update to use the network features if it won't actually connect to the Net to download said update?

Oh dear, this is not good.

Furthermore, the iPhone WF App works perfectly fine; I was able to claim/redeploy resource Extractors.

Although I stated I wouldn't try and download the WF from scratch, my fingers just did it anyway...thinking it might solve the problem - but, it wouldn't even download or update!?!

So, currently, I am stuck in Limbo...'twixt the Planets and the Plains - with nowhere to turn to! 

H-E-L-P!?!

lol

Cheers!

16 hours ago, (PS4)Skogen said:

Hello people!

I had this problem once, in my case it was because my hard drive was full so it was not able to download the latest patch.

Hope it helps. 

Thanks for that! Here's what I found out...

Update: I decided to follow the pinned 'Try This First' post at the top of the Launcher / Update thread page. Being (nearly) a Senior Luddite, erm, wrong, insert - Tenno, and one that is still amazed at the mystery of how things can be transported via the aether, with some trepidation, I undertook (quite bravely, I might add) each step in the aforementioned list. I got to the Reinstall part, and this concerned me, as I thought all (considerable) progress would be lost. By chance, I clicked on the Options button on my PS4 controller, and, lo and behold, there was the 'missing' part of the latest download... The part that would allow me to connect to the Net to update my original WF file; alas, there was no room at the in-box!

So, I needed to create some space: uninstalled D2 (it was time!) and it's Beta, and, it seems, a whole bunch of other stuff that was just clogging up the woiks. Even though I ONLY selected just about everything else bar WF and D1 (fond memories!), just about everything got auto-deleted. Yikes!?! By some mystery, I was able to download and reinstall D1 without me actually doing anything?! WF, however, needed to be downloaded from the PS Store - so, that's what I did...kinda...

The WF download commenced, and I was heartened to see that it still showed (below) my 'history, and latest trophy earned'...but, after switching the DNS (?) Servers to the recommended Google Servers (Step 3), it was showing a download time of 36hrs. Huh? Long story, short - I rebooted my console to set-up networking via Auto-Connect, and, all went swimmingly well: download time now reduced to 90mins +/-...and, don't forget, this was a complete reinstall of some very large TB number, which eludes me at the moment.

Anyway, that's my tale. I hope it may inspire you to - be brave, and, to (at least, try on attempt to) follow the guidelines! lol

TLDR: see Skogen's message above. lol

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Yea this is an extremely frustrating problem done all the recommended things down to literally deleting warframe pretty sure I got rid of  my save data too which is just lovely. Just not understanding why if it is a ban I’m banned? Didn’t use promo codes or anything and unable to log in for 2 days now 

Edited by (PS4)teckkdraxen

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, (PS4)DEATHWH1P said:

SAME!!!! wtf De c'mon man

I have xfinity, and tried to login with both ps4 and Xbox one, SAME ISSUE!

Please DE I have so hyped this game

I reinitialized. Jesus. I'll update if it wprks

On 11/20/2017 at 10:09 PM, (PS4)K-Y-N-G said:

Im unable to login to Warframe on PS4 via my modem. 

Yet I can login via my mobile phones hotspot. 

Is my modem IP being blocked for some reason? 

Tried all the troubleshooting tips listed by DE. 

None of them work. 

Only hotspotting works. 

Why is this and how can i fix it? 

The only thing I did differently from what I normally do is I used promo codes ingame. 

FREESWORD and some Glyph codes like BIKEMAN and PROFESSORBROMAN. 

Logout, hours later came back... But cant login... 

First time this has happened... 

On 11/21/2017 at 1:13 AM, (PS4)K-Y-N-G said:

Anyone have a fix for this? 

I can see numerous others on all platforms have the same issue. 

Yet with hotspot im able to login. 

Is it a promo bug? 

Using certain promos locks you out of warframe or bans you?

Its not my console since hotspot works. 

Its not my Internet since im using it to post this

I dunno what else i can try and troubleshoot for a fix.

Can anyone at DE confirm this is a bug? 

Since I'm not the only one. 

The only thing on the hard drive is warframe.

I can't log in on xbox or PS4  It is undoubtedly an ip issue on their end every other game works and my Internet is screaming I have done a reinitialize and 2 new fresh installs I have cleared the stash I have done the DNS settings everything Honestly I left PC for this exact reason and now here we go again I wish I was dealing with the Witcher black screen again because at least eventually I figured it out

Am somewhat of a Luddite re tech stuff, though, to reiterate, check out how much space you have remaining on your console's hard drive. The key bit of 'download' that was missing from my download file, was, I later found, stored away in an obscure area of my PS4 library (or something similar); by clearing out some accumulated junk, and old games, etc. and even, lots of pics / clips from WF and other games, I made room for the required and 'missing' bit of 'download update' info, to slot into the rest which was already downloaded, but, needed this missing bit (no pun intended) to kick-start the programme. 

Of course, I could be completely off base...but, just trying to help in my best Tenno-Luddite way! LOL

Cheers! And good luck!