The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scondary Weapons for Nova

junyynyyn

Question

5 answers to this question

I use my primary to charge it in one shot, Opticor. Sometimes when its not needed for AMD to be full - overwhelmingly most of the time - I use Ferrox. Can charge it in 2-4 shots. For 2ndaary I use weapons that are faster to deal damage but not that absurd ammounts of damage. I would suggest picking whatever works for you. I use AkLex Prime now but Im still waiting for AkVastos Prime.

Keep in mind that I do that since Opticor came out, not since Opticor recived a buff.

Edited by Xardis

You can use the Sicarus Prime too, it usually takes a few bursts to completely charge, but the issue is that you need a few formas on it. 

cLf5GxY.jpg

Another suggestion is the 

7VqN9Fu.jpg

These two are my go-to's if I need to charge Nova's ability. 

I particularly enjoy Staticor with Nova for a secondary.

It's not too heavy on crit, which AMD ignores. It's AoE so it can charge multiple orbs at once or hit enemies near it while you charge and it's got a charge up attack if you feel like timing the situation.  Staticor just tends to play nice with Nova in general though since it's a heavy status AoE weapon combined with her M. Prime multipliers. It's not exactly specialized for AMD since it is projectile based.

If you're just looking for a quick charge Euphona works well. There's also Angstrum though dangerous to use and fairly ineffective on armor. Pretty much the best AMD charge weapon is going to be the highest non-crit damage you can find. Hence why Tigris Prime is favored as a primary.

Molecular Prime charged by your primary already covers you in terms of AOE damage...so I like going with a strong single target killer for my secondary. My current favorite is the Sicarus Prime, it does a SICK amount of damage :D

Alternatively, I like having secondaries that provide me with a blast proc...because any enemy falling down while subjected to Molecular Prime takes aaaaaaaages to get back up.