Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania 4th : Please give her Afterburn

DarkRuler2500

Her bulletjump is quite fast, use that instead if you want to get around faster than in her 4 and without using the archwing.

Anyhow, I think DE should give flying capabilities AND afterburner to Zaphyr, not Titania. Titania's Razorwing uses archwing controls, but in essence it's a highly offensive fairy mode. Breaking sonic barrier does not fit her in my mind and it shouldn't as a tradeoff for having offensive powers and superior evasive capabilities in that mode, without the possibility to have her 4 being broken by a random rocket.

6 hours ago, Rociel said:

Her bulletjump is quite fast, use that instead if you want to get around faster than in her 4 and without using the archwing.

Anyhow, I think DE should give flying capabilities AND afterburner to Zaphyr, not Titania. Titania's Razorwing uses archwing controls, but in essence it's a highly offensive fairy mode. Breaking sonic barrier does not fit her in my mind and it shouldn't as a tradeoff for having offensive powers and superior evasive capabilities in that mode, without the possibility to have her 4 being broken by a random rocket.

Zephyr does not fly. Why would they basically make a new frame and call it Zephyr?

34 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Zephyr does not fly. Why would they basically make a new frame and call it Zephyr?

Because she should fly? It's just that when she was introduced there weren't any big enough tilesets to utilise that and that was during Parkour 1.0 times, when movement was very limited. DE never came around re-working her kit that should have flying abilitiy since Parkour 2.0 got introduced, way before Titania came around.
Here is some citation from her flavor text:

Specializing in air attacks and mobility, Zephyr dominates from above.
This is Zephyr, light, yet deceivingly lethal.

Zephyr brings graceful destruction to the battlefield. Look up, Tenno.

She was introduced together with Oxium resource. A supposedly super-light and strong alloy, from which Oxium drones are made. They fly.

I`m sorry if that was sarcasm on your part though.

It would only be when she is moving from place to place, afterburners aren't going to help her do damage or avoid things better than she already does. It just means she wouldn't have to by flying turn off her 4th and wait for her 4th to deploy to go back to flying. The only use for it in general is getting across the plains fast. Why build an archwing for the frame that's an archwing. Her only advantage to an Archwing is she can't be shot out of it, Which comes at the cost of energy, no sentinel, her archwing melee, and no archwing abilities. Why you can get shot out of an archwing as easily as you can is also not great, mostly because the incoming projectile warning isn't as helpful as it should be.

20 hours ago, peterc3 said:

because zephyr is not a bird. 

doesn't matter how many times you have heard the lyrics "fly away on my zephyr" from the chili peppers

It means "gentle breeze", given her abilities - its pretty accurate.

Zephyr CAN also technically fly if you build her right. Just use her 1 multiple times :) granted not as far as Titania, but still technically flying

20 hours ago, Rociel said:

Because she should fly? It's just that when she was introduced there weren't any big enough tilesets to utilise that and that was during Parkour 1.0 times, when movement was very limited. DE never came around re-working her kit that should have flying abilitiy since Parkour 2.0 got introduced, way before Titania came around.
Here is some citation from her flavor text:

She was introduced together with Oxium resource. A supposedly super-light and strong alloy, from which Oxium drones are made. They fly.

I`m sorry if that was sarcasm on your part though.

we already have a flying frame, so maybe we should focus on making her flying good instead of wanting to add flying to another and having another frame with bad flying mechanics

15 hours ago, TKDancer said:

we already have a flying frame, so maybe we should focus on making her flying good instead of wanting to add flying to another and having another frame with bad flying mechanics

Titania's flying is fine, she is a fairy, not a jet.

Zephyr's flying is not fine, she is a jet that does not actually fly.

11 hours ago, Rociel said:

Titania's flying is fine

no it hecking isnt my d00d

her hitbox is ridiculous for a tiny "fairy", making her a pain in most of the non-plains content... and the controls are hell in the middle of a fight

and not once did i say she should be fast, i said DE should make her flying good

Edited by TKDancer

On 11/21/2017 at 4:10 AM, WhiteMarker said:

Her speed is fine. She is a bit faster then sprinting Frames. That's what her 4 is for speedwise. If you want to go faster, use Archwing, just as Silver said.

She is not faster than sprinting Warframes, I have played with Titania for over 400 hours and I know from experience that she is just as fast as a sprinting Warframe when she is in Razorwing at top speed.

Here:

5 hours ago, (PS4)Amu_Lambo_Ginga said:

She is not faster than sprinting Warframes, I have played with Titania for over 400 hours and I know from experience that she is just as fast as a sprinting Warframe when she is in Razorwing at top speed.

Here:

As a Titania main, I agree that her Razorwing is a mobile support/sniper role, except instead of a rifle, she gets dual pistols with very high dps and semi-infinite ammo. Her Razorwing's somewhat slow speed reflects this very well, and I really don't think it needs a speed buff, although the movement can be a bit awkward when you're trying to move in tight areas and you bump into objects with hitboxes larger than their visual models. Even with a mod that makes her Razorwing movement faster, I would really not bother with it, since I can always sneak in a Power Drift or Augur Secrets for that final mod slot.

10 hours ago, BrazilianJoe said:

I think Titania should get an afterburner. A good tradeoff would be to increase her energy consumption when afterburning. 

(She needs a QoL pass on her other abilities as well)

she already struggles with energy, adding an energy cost on an afterburn would make it even worse

On 11/24/2017 at 7:58 PM, TKDancer said:

she already struggles with energy, adding an energy cost on an afterburn would make it even worse

Usually it's an either/or, she will either fast travel or be in combat. And the energy cost would make it less prone to abuse. I believe she needs a buff to Energy pool though.

29 minutes ago, BrazilianJoe said:

Usually it's an either/or, she will either fast travel or be in combat. And the energy cost would make it less prone to abuse. I believe she needs a buff to Energy pool though.

just having a bit more energy wont really help, she'd need her tribute to affect enemies in an AoE to reduce the spam and energy issues

but this is just 1 of many issues titania has

• 2 weeks later...

I'd rather use Titanias razorwing, and i'd rather it move faster than it does when using the held dash/sprint. Yes. Everyone's going to say build an archwing. I have. I have all the archwings, and the POE Archwing module. Archwings on the plains suck. Controls suck. movement sucks. They randomly deactivate, whether its a bug or not, who knows (and no I'm not hitting the button to drop out of Archwing, it just happens sometimes on its own.) Sometimes a single enemy hit drops me out of the sky even while doing next to no damage, and sometimes enemies attack me repeatedly, and I stay flying. The POE Archwing mode is completely unreliable on the PS4. If i'm not using Titania to fly around, then I just use grounded frames and lots of bullet jumps. Either way, in plains, or on tileset maps. Titania needs to move a little faster.