Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fishing spear should not block ability use

--Q--uixotic

We're able to use warframe abilities while holding guns and melee weapons, but not while holding a fishing spear?
I encounter this most often as Ivara, because being invisible while fishing is less distracting, especially while we have infested on the plains.
The dashlines are pretty nice for it too, but having to switch back to a gun in order to create one is just weird.

56 minutes ago, Burned-Toast said:

I think that's because warframe abilities can affect the fish and that would be "cheating", but I'm not totally sure

We know they never will, but...

Ember - I want to go spicy bomb fishing! Blow them out of the water!
Nezha - Easiest spear fishing <_____<
Hydroberon - Hey guys, come here..
Nova - Go slooooow please
Nyx - COME HERE
Valkyr - GET OVER HERE..? plz meow
Rhino - splash splash... :D
Loki - ...c'mon loki you have to have a better way then constantly throwing yourself in the water and drying out the fish
etc

I would love fishing if abilities affected them in predictable or unpredictable ways.  You know how many lulz videos there would be?

5 minutes ago, Terrornaut said:

Nyx - COME HERE
Loki - ...c'mon loki you have to have a better way then constantly throwing yourself in the water and drying out the fish
etc

I would love fishing if abilities affected them in predictable or unpredictable ways.  You know how many lulz videos there would be?

Certain warframe abilities already have an effect, some examples are: Zephyr with Jet Stream increases the projectile speed of the spear, Volt's shield buffs spear damage when thrown through it (can use any type of spear to one shot any type of fish).

16 hours ago, Terrornaut said:

Nyx - COME HERE
etc

Rhino stomp = The fish floating in the air like: (o3o)

22 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

Volt's shield buffs spear damage when thrown through it (can use any type of spear to one shot any type of fish).

Not sure about Volts Shield but Volts passive increases spear dmg for sure.

Back on topic.I have noticed that you can't activate powers by pressing 1234 keypads but you can activate power by pressing "quick power" keypad,mine is Q,not sure if that is default ,and you change between abilities by using up and down scroll.

• 4 weeks later...