Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage's Sleight of Hand (and related things)

Azamagon

Considering DE is about to tweak Sleight of Hand a bit, I had some ideas for it I'd like to share (which wouldn't interfere with DE's plans of adding the "gift"-thingy):

1) No longer makes traps out of health-, energy- and afiinityorbs.
2) The various ammodrops are now what determines the elemental type:

• Rifle = Cold (since its blue)
  • Shotgun = Toxic (since it's green)
  • Pistol = Heat (since it's red)
  • Sniper = Electric (since it's purple)

3) The augment is now baseline (i.e., it makes ammodrops into proximity mines, instead of destroying stuff right away + the ammodrops have a chance to proc their respective status-effect)
4) The augment gets changed into this:

Explosive Legerdemain Twilight Show - Sleight of Hand also spawns 1/2/3/4 pillars of light and 1/2/3/4 pillars of shadow around Mirage. These pillars restore 1/2/3/4 health (in shadow) or 1/2/3/4 energy (in light) per second when standing in them (works for Mirage and allies alike). Lasts X seconds.

5) Akzani, Mirage's so-called "preferred weapons", could get a passive that goes in line with her Sleight of Hand constantly destroying ammopickups:
Ammo regeneration. Say, every second, the Akzani regenerates 2 ammo in the reserves. Considering its one of the worst dual secondaries in the game, having a passive like this could justify their meager stats, I'd say.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Azamagon

I can get behind not randomly destroying resupply pickups with the default ability (and to some extent the augment as well). Mirage needs those to fuel her weapon-based rampage and casting needs, and since Sleight of Hand has a huge range that actually turns the environment against her every time it is used.

Ironic, since Sleight of Hand is meant to turn the environment against Mirage's enemies.

5 hours ago, Esvia said:

For me, the contextuality of the skill is a problem that doesn't get addressed here. I personally prefer skills that works in any environments.

I think this should be addressed with the blinding/explosive presents the devs proposed. At the very least it would be a guaranteed effect against most enemies.

i think they should move the sleight of hand ability mechanic to 4. A good aoe range of setting laser security to be on your side, booby trapping lockers chests and whatnot. Maybe even hacking ambulas straight up for the duration of the skill, unlocking locked doors, and set general tile traps randomly? Then call it "Smoke and Mirrors". Since mirage is based on the theme of smoke and mirrors right? Keep the name of Sleight of hand for 2 and change the ability mechanic along the lines of instant reload or unlimited ammo for the duration of the skill. Something to actually reflect the meaning of sleight of hand like quick dexterity.

11 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

1) I can get behind not randomly destroying resupply pickups with the default ability (and to some extent the augment as well). Mirage needs those to fuel her weapon-based rampage and casting needs, and since Sleight of Hand has a huge range that actually turns the environment against her every time it is used.

Ironic, since Sleight of Hand is meant to turn the environment against Mirage's enemies.

2) I think this should be addressed with the blinding/explosive presents the devs proposed. At the very least it would be a guaranteed effect against most enemies.

1) Not getting ammo destroyed instantly is a pain, yes. Having more control over it is better (hence my suggestions), also, she is arguably meant to counter some of her ammoproblems via the massive ammo-efficiency she gets from HoM + Eclipse.

2) Exactly. My ideas were to fix most of the other problematics with the ability.

17 hours ago, Esvia said:

For me, the contextuality of the skill is a problem that doesn't get addressed here. I personally prefer skills that works in any environments.

See PsiWarp's response.

6 hours ago, Myo86 said:

i think they should move the sleight of hand ability mechanic to 4. A good aoe range of setting laser security to be on your side, booby trapping lockers chests and whatnot. Maybe even hacking ambulas straight up for the duration of the skill, unlocking locked doors, and set general tile traps randomly? Then call it "Smoke and Mirrors". Since mirage is based on the theme of smoke and mirrors right? Keep the name of Sleight of hand for 2 and change the ability mechanic along the lines of instant reload or unlimited ammo for the duration of the skill. Something to actually reflect the meaning of sleight of hand like quick dexterity.

That's totally overworking it. No thanks.

However, making the augment give her actual dexterity in some form is arguably a good alternative too. My suggestion (the light/shadow pillars) could actually be baseline, either straight up as suggested, or something done via holdcasting the ability (which then DOESN'T do the regular boobytrapping stuff, only the pillar summoning)