Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A few thoughts about possible operator weapons

sharkman9k

I would like to offer some of my own concepts for possible future amp melee weapons.

1. Exalted blade style sword!
2. Energy whip with grapple/throw mechanics!

3. DBZ Krillan-esque throwing disc with punch-through for days!
4. Cool claws that allow you to climb up walls!

5.Big ol chunky anime robot punching gloves made of light with rocket punch mechanics!

6. Extendable stave with helicopter mode and a wicked ground-pound!

C'mon people! Just throw ideas at the wall and see what sticks!

I am really starting to dig the operator stuff now that I have unlocked a bunch of the Focus School powers.  That said, I really don't want to see operators wielding melee weapons.  I can accept operators making use of basically void energy weapons (basically focusing their void channeling into a beam or blast), but I am less inclined for scrawny teens to be wielding muscle powered weapons.  That idea is a bridge too far into anime, or if only void energy based weaponry, Green Lantern stuff.  Which I am really not interested in.

1 hour ago, sharkman9k said:

I would like to offer some of my own concepts for possible future amp melee weapons.

1. Exalted blade style sword!
2. Energy whip with grapple/throw mechanics!

3. DBZ Krillan-esque throwing disc with punch-through for days!
4. Cool claws that allow you to climb up walls!

5.Big ol chunky anime robot punching gloves made of light with rocket punch mechanics!

6. Extendable stave with helicopter mode and a wicked ground-pound!

C'mon people! Just throw ideas at the wall and see what sticks!

Hmmmm. . . . I like the thought behind number 4. Less directly as a weapon and far more as a tool with which the Operator attains a basic extra modicum of mobility in the form of wall ascension cabability. Wouldn't do much damage directly, but, could potentially nick a vein and lead to nasty bleeding for a bit.

If were going under a similar route, it'd be interesting to acquire a set of "grav-boots" that would allow the Operator to jump in mid-air for even better ascension purposes and a bit of Void energy. The bonus would be that doing it near enemies causes the chumps  below to get floored in a painful column of extra-gravitic force.

IMHO, the Operator does not need such things as he/she should be safely fighting from the Orbiter.

So I'd much rather modify the projection that pops out of the Warframe, and leave the real weapons to the Warframes. Or instead have the Warframe lumber about in '5' mode, with Void Energy emanations.

The Lore based idea here is that the Somatic Link allows the Operator to channel his/her Void Energy into the Warframe to move it around, and when '5' mode is activated, is instead using the Warframe as a conduit to have the Void Energy directly influencing battle.

The amps, should instead be devices installed in the chair that modulates how we send out our Void Energy to the Warframes.

23 hours ago, Unus said:

Hmmmm. . . . I like the thought behind number 4. Less directly as a weapon and far more as a tool with which the Operator attains a basic extra modicum of mobility in the form of wall ascension cabability. Wouldn't do much damage directly, but, could potentially nick a vein and lead to nasty bleeding for a bit.

If were going under a similar route, it'd be interesting to acquire a set of "grav-boots" that would allow the Operator to jump in mid-air for even better ascension purposes and a bit of Void energy. The bonus would be that doing it near enemies causes the chumps  below to get floored in a painful column of extra-gravitic force.

The whip could be used to enhance mobility if used on terrain or objects.. Imagine it kinda like the hookshot from LOZ :)

On 11/22/2017 at 10:47 AM, sharkman9k said:

The whip could be used to enhance mobility if used on terrain or objects.. Imagine it kinda like the hookshot from LOZ :)

Oh, a Valkyr-esque swing-chain? Hmm. . . maybe, maybe, wasn't sure if that would overlap with the Valkyr itself' capabilities.

Why not give the operators Zaws? They seem light enough to swing around. I do want to see a grappling hook, though. Perhaps a new focus mode? 

Focus mode: Standard focus 2.0 Operator mechanics.

warrior mode: melee focused fighting style and minimal use of void powers, I.E. no void beam, no void blast, but void mode and dash remain. Operators can perform stealth finishers and regular finishers, but are incredibly fragile as usual. Blocking will create a shield that reduces damage by [Insert variable here] and restores health upon successfully parrying a melee strike to reward careful gameplay.

the two modes could be toggled either on the Liset under a completely different skill tree, or allow the use of ability keys while in Operator mode.