Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Deluxe skin: Neck doesn't fit with some existing helmets

EmberStar

There seems to be a small problem with the new Ember Deluxe skin.  The model for the neck seems to be slightly shorter than on the default Ember or Ember Prime models.  This causes there to be a visible gap with some of the existing helmets, including some of her standard alternate helmets.  It is most visible however with the Magesty Tennogen helmet - the whole front of her throat is detached from the underside of the helmet, causing her to look like she's been partially decapitated.  Rather than alter the existing helmets, maybe the neck on the Ember Deluxe could be raised slightly, so that it matches the placement on the default skins?

*Edit:*  Attempting to add a screenshot that hopefully shows the issue.

https://imgur.com/a/f7VcJ

Edited by EmberStar

6 hours ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Well... skins weren't necessarily made to be mixed with others...

Every other helmet is made to fit to the existing skins.  To the default skin, specifically.  The new skin has a difference that causes it to look bad when using a *basic* function of the appearance tab.  IE, swapping the helmet.  It's most visible on a Tennogen helmet, because that one has a slightly slimmer jawline, but it's apparent even with her "official" alternate helmets.

Some skins don't *mix* well with others:  The Graxx series and Rhino's deluxe skin have material settings that can make it hard to match other pieces.  But I can't think of any other items that are made so that there is a visible gap like this.  In any case, I'm simply pointing it out.  I doubt this post will even be noticed, and I'm certainly not in a position to demand it be changed.

8 hours ago, EmberStar said:

Every other helmet is made to fit to the existing skins.  To the default skin, specifically.  The new skin has a difference that causes it to look bad when using a *basic* function of the appearance tab.  IE, swapping the helmet.  It's most visible on a Tennogen helmet, because that one has a slightly slimmer jawline, but it's apparent even with her "official" alternate helmets.

Some skins don't *mix* well with others:  The Graxx series and Rhino's deluxe skin have material settings that can make it hard to match other pieces.  But I can't think of any other items that are made so that there is a visible gap like this.  In any case, I'm simply pointing it out.  I doubt this post will even be noticed, and I'm certainly not in a position to demand it be changed.

Deluxe Skins are meant to be used with its own helmet. If there is an incompatibility they won't change it because it fits an item it is not designed to work with.

Ask Frost: His Prime has a narrower neck because it has a narrower Prime helmet, so the other 3 stick out, and the Deluxe skin is the same. Most of other Warframes have a more or less regular body, so you won't notice it much, but you get the idea.