Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: A different way to display Eximus names

Bibliothekar

We have quite a number of enemies with different abilities, but all using the same model (except for some colour changes). This is the case e.g. for Infested Ancients and basically any Archwing unit except Gox and Ogma.

However, when those units appear as Eximus, their colour scheme is changed depending on their eximus type and you're unable to tell what the original unit is until it uses its signature ability. And all the name tells me, is that it's an Arctic or Shock or whatever Eximus. Great.

So, my suggestion would be to instead just add the adjective to the original unit's name. The Caustic Eximus version of an Ancient Healer would be displayed as Caustic Ancient Healer, while that of an Ancient Disruptor would be Caustic Ancient Disruptor. You could tell Venomous Dargyn and Venomous Hellion Dargyn apart without getting a salvo of missiles in your face, and you'd know to prioritise the second one, because they hurt way worse. Parasitic Volatile Runners wouldn't explode in your face any more because you know you'll have to dodge them, which isn't quite as necessary for Parasitic Leapers. And so on.

Yay, nay, duck for eggs and tomatoes?

I'd rather see work done to give the Eximus physical equipment that they carry, to be able to cast those effects.

As I practically see the Nox as potential prototype of what can be done to improve the Eximus.

I personally have not liked seeing them glow from head to toe, and being able to identify special weapons, armor accessories and/or packs that can generate their abilities would be awesome.

Such as Arctic units having bulky warming armor, carrying a pack that uses cryotic to super cool the air and sustains a swirling cloud of super cooled air around them.

Or a Caustic Infested having specialized growths in its body from say consuming a Bombard's/Naplam's ammo supply (even enemies themselves). I have a bunch more ideas and examples, but I'll stop here.

So that's what I'd rather see, than tweaking the labels on Eximus units.

vor 27 Minuten schrieb SPARTAN-187.Thanatos:

So that's what I'd rather see, than tweaking the labels on Eximus units.

Look no further than my other thread:

However, until the time comes when DE finally does Eximi properly, I'd like to know what unit is hiding under that Caustic Eximus label without eating a bowl of rockets first. I mean, it's not like it'd be tons of work to do this, either. They're already doing it with "Corrupted whatever" during fissures.

• 1 month later...