Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Striga, the Night Slayer

Earthblood

I wanna hear from you, so please leave a message! :)

qiNIRwX.jpg

Striga

Theme: Owls, night hunter, shadow-step nostalgia, aggressive stealthy melee combatant

Stats

Health 125 (375 at rank 30)

Shield 80 (240 at rank 30)

Armor 200

Energy 150 (225 at rank 30)

Sprint Speed 1.2

Passive

Performing a finishing move on an enemy increases your Power Efficiency by 40% for the next 4 seconds.

Abilities

1. Swoop

15 energy + 2 energy per second

5 seconds base duration

Release a fast flying energy owl in the direction of the reticle. Pressing 1 again while the owl is in flight teleports Striga to the current (or last) location of the owl, creating a small knockdown area upon her arrival. Has long range otherwise.

• Power Range mods increase knockdown area

• Power Duration mods increase flight duration

• Power Strength mods increase flight speed

Reasoning: Primary mobility, initiation, or disengage ability. The delayed teleport encourages planning

2. Scout

25 energy

30 seconds base duration

summons an energy owl which flies towards and continuously marks enemies in a radius, one by one. Marked enemies are outlines and revealed through walls, and are affected by puncture and impact procs.

• Power Range mods increase effect area

• Power Duration mods increase power duration

• Power Strength mods increase flight speed between targets

Reasoning: Utility, support, and debuff ability. Doesn’t deal damage directly but makes life a lot easier, both for infiltration and when combating many enemies. Marking strongly synergizes with abilities 3 & 4.

3. Fade

25 energy

20 seconds base duration

Create a 5m zone around the player. Enemies outside the zone cannot see the player except for a short duration after the player uses a loud weapon (detection mechanics similar to back-facing, regardless of actual facing). Enemies inside the zone interact with the player normally. Killing marked enemies grants true invisibility for 3 seconds or until the next attack; if that attack is melee, it deals extra damage.

• Power Range mods increase effect zone size

• Power Duration mods increase power duration

• Power Strength mods increase damage bonus on stealth attack

Reasoning: A different take on stealth which lends itself primarily to either melee, avoidance, or sniping, feeding into the hunter/stalker fantasy while also drawing some inspiration from the old shadow step (albeit with more limitations and associated costs and planning).

4. Savage Talons

25 energy + 2.5/sec

Exalted glaive; deals extra damage, affected by melee mods. When power thrown, locks onto a target and teleports towards that target to perform a strong finishing move. Can lock onto Marked targets from greater distances and through walls. Killing Marked enemies grants life.

• Power Range mods increase possible teleport range

• Power Duration mods reduce energy drain per second

• Power Strength mods increase damage

Reasoning: Battle mode ult which *should* feel awesome, especially when spending the extra energy on other abilities during Savage Talons. Adds melee damage, aggressive mobility, and sustain.

Augments

1. Energizing Swoop - Each enemy affected by Swoop refunds a small amount of energy.

Reasoning: Encourage aggressive play and initiating into large groups.

2. Hurtful Mark - Marked enemies also suffer magnetic and corrosive procs.

Reasoning: More reliable debuff against different enemy types, making them ripe for taking down.

3. Fading Parliament - Fade affects allies within range as well.

Reasoning: Support yay! Also, ‘Parliament’ is what you call a group of Owls.

4. Swift Talons - When Swift Talons is active, increase move speed and mobility by 5% for every 5 seconds out of combat, up to 30%.

Reasoning: Reduce downtime between engagements.

Energy Owl Effect

nn5glyM.jpg

Inspiration:

Spoiler

ce9f32271f61bb0a449928275f925bc7.jpg

latest?cb=20130424234329 (lol)

female_assassin_render_by_rainofraijin-d

4267109532_644073e7e4_z.jpg?zz=1

2401791-wallpaper_924952.jpg

Edited by Earthblood
added concept art

These are some really cool abilities that finally allow us to have another assassin themed frame. Each ability you made here has a great use and doesn’t sound underpowered or useless while remaining reasonable. I especially like the 3; many people have tried to create a “invisible until next attack” ability, but most end up creating a severely underpowered Loki invis clone. Your iteration of this idea also allows you to help avoid drawing too much fire when against tons of enemies come swarming down a hallway thanks to its AOE effect, and this can probably be extra effective on POE by stopping Grineer mortars from squishing you

however.....

That 1 ability feels like it belongs on a daily different frame.... yes, Zephyr! It’s similar to a union of Zephyr’s 1 and 2, which isn’t bad, but I think rightfully belongs to our already present falcon frame.

Edited by Almighty_Jado

sounds pretty good even though we already have what is considered a assasin frame and stealth/hunter frame.

The ult look cool but u should probably give it a different name... maybe... ahhh tools of the hunt? dunno but just hunt doesnt seem right to me. But that just my opinion. Also with the ult weapon it would be cool if u could like split the glave like a multi shot thing.

Thinking about it, it'd be cool if her 1 ability remained as a mobility move; what if it was like a simple blink ability? As basic of an idea as it is, it's an empty enough slate to allow for possible synergies with other abilities that you could add. Also, we have no frames that can teleport to a specific location. Only frames that can teleport to targets.

As for a passive, something that activates upon performing a finisher would be cool (promoting stealth gameplay or also remaining useful with her exalted glaive in hot combat zones)
Something tells me bonus affinity from killing enemies with finishers would be nice on Striga.

2 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Thinking about it, it'd be cool if her 1 ability remained as a mobility move; what if it was like a simple blink ability? As basic of an idea as it is, it's an empty enough slate to allow for possible synergies with other abilities that you could add. Also, we have no frames that can teleport to a specific location. Only frames that can teleport to targets.

how about a normal mid range blink that when used with owl makes it so u can blink to a marked enemy but put the abiliry on cooldown, if used with the invis blink and then make a sort of ethereal dash that staggers enemies but add energy usage and for the ult maybe cast a sort of lesser glaive in  a circle? not so sure about the last one.

Thank you for the feedback! I'm diggin' the blink idea, but have two questions: 

1. Is the similarity to Zephyr's Tailwind the only reason you'd like it replaced? Though there's some connection, it does function somewhat differently; specifically, you don't need to be on the ground for it to go towards your HUD target reticle; any effect it has on enemies only applies to the end point rather than the start. Effects wise I was imagining big energy wings propelling her forward with that ability.

2. Will a teleport work as well thematically considering, like Zephyr, the theme here also relates to birds of prey? I was actually considering removing the teleport on her 4 and changing it with a dash to said target instead. 

I do think it probably works, though, so I'm gonna make those changes and see how that flows in my mind. Thank you so much! <3

1 minute ago, Earthblood said:

Thank you for the feedback! I'm diggin' the blink idea, but have two questions: 

1. Is the similarity to Zephyr's Tailwind the only reason you'd like it replaced? Though there's some connection, it does function somewhat differently; specifically, you don't need to be on the ground for it to go towards your HUD target reticle; any effect it has on enemies only applies to the end point rather than the start. Effects wise I was imagining big energy wings propelling her forward with that ability.

2. Will a teleport work as well thematically considering, like Zephyr, the theme here also relates to birds of prey? I was actually considering removing the teleport on her 4 and changing it with a dash to said target instead. 

I do think it probably works, though, so I'm gonna make those changes and see how that flows in my mind. Thank you so much! <3

1. I meant the ability was a combination of Tailwind and Divebomb in the idea that it causes her to fly in a target direction, and then knocks down enemies at the location. It's more of a union of abilities, and i like it, but I feel like poor Zephyr need something cool like it

2. You are right about needing more relation to predatory birds. Something about swooping down on an enemy might be cool. I think the teleport on the ultimate can stay, since I like that idea a ton, but the first ability definitely needs something more interesting to it. I'll keep brainstorming as well for you and let you know if I find some cool ideas :) 

Good point.

Here's a more unique thought I just had, tell me what you think... If we don't like that then I'll do straight up blink.

1. Release a fast flying energy owl in the direction of the reticle. The owl has a limit of 3m punch-through, but otherwise continues flying until hitting a soild surface. Pressing 1 again while the owl is in flight teleports Striga to the current location of the owl, creating a small knockdown area upon her arrival. It has no finite range otherwise; range mods increase flight speed.

What say?

Edited by Earthblood

Also, I think I like the idea of her passive having something to do with takedowns; not sure about extra affinity though, doesn't seem like that would help so much in actual play. 

What about, 'performing a finishing move on an enemy increases your ability efficiency by (20%-80%?) for the next ...oh... 5 seconds(?).'

8 hours ago, DR.Noooooo_B said:

sounds pretty good even though we already have what is considered a assasin frame and stealth/hunter frame.

The ult look cool but u should probably give it a different name... maybe... ahhh tools of the hunt? dunno but just hunt doesnt seem right to me. But that just my opinion. Also with the ult weapon it would be cool if u could like split the glave like a multi shot thing.

Hmmm... What about... "Savage Talons"?

Also, trying to figure out how would having multiple glaives work for a melee stance... It could be cool but I'm having a hard time imagining it, was looking more at existing thrown weapon stances, and the actual power throw teleports you to the enemy instead of just firing them...

6 hours ago, Earthblood said:

Good point.

Here's a more unique thought I just had, tell me what you think... If we don't like that then I'll do straight up blink.

1. Release a fast flying energy owl in the direction of the reticle. The owl has a limit of 3m punch-through, but otherwise continues flying until hitting a soild surface. Pressing 1 again while the owl is in flight teleports Striga to the current location of the owl, creating a small knockdown area upon her arrival. It has no finite range otherwise; range mods increase flight speed.

What say?

I like it. Thematically fitting and unique.

6 hours ago, Earthblood said:

Hmmm... What about... "Savage Talons"?

Also, trying to figure out how would having multiple glaives work for a melee stance... It could be cool but I'm having a hard time imagining it, was looking more at existing thrown weapon stances, and the actual power throw teleports you to the enemy instead of just firing them...

That reminds me, you also have to take into account glaives can be dual wielded with pistols
Also "Gleaming Talon" is already a stance name for glaives. How about "Owl's Assault" or something of that likeness? "Owl's Hunt?" "Savage Hunt?"

Edited by Almighty_Jado

6 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

That reminds me, you also have to take into account glaives can be dual wielded with pistols
Also "Gleaming Talon" is already a stance name for glaives. How about "Owl's Assault" or something of that likeness? "Owl's Hunt?" "Savage Hunt?"

Is that bad, though? It is an exalted glaive, after all, I personally don't find the association a negative, especially since excal's exalted blade is literally called exalted blade. The overall theme for glaives in general is their shape and airborne presence do evoke a sense of a bird of prey's talons, no? 

Alternatively, I could go for 'savage assault' but along with savage hunt, I'm worried it might sound a bit generic.

Really appreciate all the feeedback!