Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Growing operators and "Wraith Mode" [Spoilers]

Dawn11715

Foreword: Personally ive grown to like the operator as a Way to supporting my warframe and it really does a great job at that.

However: Even though it created a beautiful moment at the end of the second dream it disturbs the feeling of power I enjoy in warframe, because a teenager, even one in armor, doesnt really come close to the pure badassery a warframe radiates.

The Concept: A great and immersive way to deal with that problem would be to have our operators age over time. If you just take the day and night Cycle of POE you could say that one day/Year in Reality equals 8 days/Years in Warframe so the operators of most Veteran Players should already be young adults by now. Of cause the actual time it takes and what its based on (time ingame, general time, mastery) is a thing thats up to debate, but the general Idea of our Avatars growing alongside us could result in way greater attachement to this little person controlling our warframe then we have now.

"Wraith Mode": This is a different approach on the same Problem which could work both alongside or without the Concept above. We all know that the operator we use in battle isnt the real thing (Which lives on our ship). So if its just a wierd ghost made with void-magic, why not make it look like one? Wraith Mode would be a reskin or sidegrade to the exsisting operator mode. Instead of a teenager you would control a floating ghost like energy-being which may or may not has its own Abilitys and uses the focus system. I think it would be a great and even lorefriendly alternative for players (like me ;)  ) who dont like the general appearence of the operator but still like the buffs and extras of the focus system.

Anyway, thanks for reading and please share your thoughts :) 

12 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

What if operator loses his/her mind completely while becoming adult? As we've been told, children were the only ones who could keep their minds clear.

Well yes, but the tenno would grow up with it, which is a different thing from just being thrown into all the void stuff.

23 minutes ago, Dawn11715 said:

The Concept: A great and immersive way to deal with that problem would be to have our operators age over time. If you just take the day and night Cycle of POE you could say that one day/Year in Reality equals 8 days/Years in Warframe so the operators of most Veteran Players should already be young adults by now. Of cause the actual time it takes and what its based on (time ingame, general time, mastery) is a thing thats up to debate, but the general Idea of our Avatars growing alongside us could result in way greater attachement to this little person controlling our warframe then we have now.

As far as i know, the Tenno Children dont Age due to the void energy that contaminated them. For this reason the Grineer Queen wished to capture us during The War Within and use as her new vessel.

I still don't get this modern need to have a character close to one's self for 'immersion'.  I'm quite happy to have a level of detachmentThe character is not me, I can be concerned for them if things go bad but I wont take it as a personal attack.  Too much immersion can be a bad thing as people lose the ability to step back and look at the situation objectively.

Having a cosmetic option to have an older looking tenno could be something worth adding later but I wouldn't want a continuous accelerated aging process.  Sure, you'd be happy now with your mid-twenties handsome badass character but next year or two they'll start developing middle aged spread and going bald/growing hair from ears and nose.

10 minutes ago, Katinka said:

I still don't get this modern need to have a character close to one's self for 'immersion'.  I'm quite happy to have a level of detachmentThe character is not me, I can be concerned for them if things go bad but I wont take it as a personal attack.  Too much immersion can be a bad thing as people lose the ability to step back and look at the situation objectively.

Having a cosmetic option to have an older looking tenno could be something worth adding later but I wouldn't want a continuous accelerated aging process.  Sure, you'd be happy now with your mid-twenties handsome badass character but next year or two they'll start developing middle aged spread and going bald/growing hair from ears and nose.

well aging in the warframe Universe doesnt look like such a big deal. Darvo is what? 150? and he still looks like 30.

17 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

As far as i know, the Tenno Children dont Age due to the void energy that contaminated them. For this reason the Grineer Queen wished to capture us during The War Within and use as her new vessel.

I might have missed that part of the lore. I was pretty sure Tenno didn't physically age because they were put to sleep on in stasis pods for the largest part of their lives.

9 minutes ago, Dawn11715 said:

well aging in the warframe Universe doesnt look like such a big deal. Darvo is what? 150? and he still looks like 30.

Then maybe the tenno are really 60 and that's just what 60 year olds look like.  Despite Darvo's actual age he is still treated like a wayward teenager by his father, much like how the tenno are treated like children in need of protection by both Lotus and Teshin, much to the tenno's annoyance.

7 minutes ago, Rikage said:

I might have missed that part of the lore. I was pretty sure Tenno didn't physically age because they were put to sleep on in stasis pods for the largest part of their lives.

That wouldn't explain the Queen's desire specifically for a tenno body, which may be more to do with their Oro and the immortality it provides.

Edited by Katinka

9 minutes ago, Katinka said:

That wouldn't explain the Queen's desire specifically for a tenno body, which may be more to do with their Oro and the immortality it provides.

I assumed the Queen wanted the Tenno body because of the following reasons:
1) It is young, and, unlike grineer bodies, should not be riddled by genetic imperfections and thus, last much longer.
2) More importantly, it has void super-powers! Fire freaking void laser beams from your hands! Posses a warframe and use it to crush your enemies!

Edited by Rikage

35 minutes ago, Katinka said:

Then maybe the tenno are really 60 and that's just what 60 year olds look like.  Despite Darvo's actual age he is still treated like a wayward teenager by his father, much like how the tenno are treated like children in need of protection by both Lotus and Teshin, much to the tenno's annoyance.

The whole story with rell confirms that they are not immortal. Otherwise he wouldnt have had the need to transfer his mind into his warframe.

Maybe they live longer then regular people (which already is a long time if you consider corpus normal)  but that doesnt necessarily  mean they grow up slower.