Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whip swords

Hawk_of_the_Reborn

I was thinking, with the diminishing unique weapon types I've seen covered in the game, such as Sword n boards like Silva & Aegis, even Rapiers and now the soon to come fan-blades. Why not a chain blade style weapon? Something like Ivy from the Soul Calibur series. I know we have whips already, then the blade and whip like the Mios or Lacera. But I thought it'd be interesting to have a weapon that changes from sword, to whip, back into a sword during whatever combos it may have; Maybe depending on stance mod perhaps. Also, as I'm typing this, why stop at a traditional sword style? What if it's a polearm that can turn into a whip from its striking side, or something like one of those three-section staves as seen in Jet Li's Fearless movie. What do you guys think? 

12 minutes ago, Dwolfknight said:

What could happen is, A whip that looks like this:

Hide contents

or a weapon like the Dark Split sword, that is either a whip or a sword.

That's not what the concept is about though. I was hoping to avoid the dark split sword thing, as it's still technically only one or the other. I was referring to a style that changes the weapon's attacks based on what combo you're using. Which is why I used Ivy's weapon as an example, to portray a weapon that can change modes on the fly in some way

Possible Idea:

Weapons like Hawk's whip-sword idea and the prexisting split-swords can equip 2 stance mods in the arsenal; one whip, one sword.

While holding the melee weapon in game, pressing the "altfire" key will instantly switch the weapon from one configuration to the next. Switching weapon mode also automatically performs a melee attack.

5 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

That's not what the concept is about though. I was hoping to avoid the dark split sword thing, as it's still technically only one or the other. I was referring to a style that changes the weapon's attacks based on what combo you're using. Which is why I used Ivy's weapon as an example, to portray a weapon that can change modes on the fly in some way

I know but unfortunately, that is how it's going to happen, unless DE adds a way to put 2 stances and switch between them with alt fire, or make a stance for those types of weapons.

Instead of blocking, it trades that for an alt-fire mode that the player can press and hold right click to switch from one mode to the other. When you let go of right click, it can switch back to its normal mode. Damage type can easily be slash, with various elemental damage statuses depending on what faction the weapon originates from. Radiation/Electricity/cold/blast for Corpus, Blast/heat/radiation/corrosive for Grineer, you get the idea. Something that fits the weapon. Perhaps it's crit-oriented while in sword mode, and status focused in whip mode.