Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Naramon's Executing Dash

(PSN)XxDarkyanxX

I'm asking for a friend right there, has anyone actually found any use to this Operator power in the Naramon tree, because I cannot, for the love of me, figure out a single use to this.

As a matter of Trivia for those that haven't had the chance to be awfully confused by this power :
-Executing Dash opens enemy up to finisher through the use of a Void Dash, forcing you to go back into your warframe to use your melee weapon and execute a finisher on a singular enemy amongst a group of dangerous pew-pew guns and running enemies.

Lets start with the more basic issues I've come across :

-No Visual Effect whatsoever to indicate that an enemy is now open to Finisher.
You know, when I first read the description of the power I just figured that it would "Stun" or "Put to sleep" enemies so that they would become open to finisher.
Which would in turn actually be useful for Stealth runs and giving the 45% exp melee boost an extraordinary meaning.

One misinformed decision later, I go into my operator, all pumped up for my new Finisher Attack, spot a group of enemy and Void Dash through their gross Grineer carcass only to turn back and... Nothing?
"Surely you Jest, I must've missed, let me try again" : *Dash*... *Dash*... *Dash*?... "Maybe I misread", *Void Blast*... Still nothing.
The Grineers are happy, the birds are singing, bullets are dropping down my face because I'm out of Operator Energy.

It took me an entire week to figure out that "Open to Finisher" only meant "You can now press quick melee on them and it'll activate that Finisher animation"

However, there is 0 sign of a visual effect to tell you who is affected or not. They're just normal enemies with maybe a prompt at close range ( I couldn't even figure that one out )
And just now, to verify that I wasn't tripping when I first started testing it, I went back to the simulacrum and loaded 20 high level enemies of all kind, with no invulnerability to protect me, just for the sake of testing with a bit of an active situation at hand.
I couldn't figure out which were affected and which weren't, so naturally there was nothing more to do, I couldn't even begin testing the ability under fire.

-Finishers are singular targets, powerful, but still singular target.
The only use of this ability puts you at huge risk unless you're either Invisible, Invincible or using any other warframe ability as countermeasure.

Why would anyone want to unleash a finisher amongst a group of enemies that can shoot you down in one shot, or even worst, melee you to Oblivion?
It's all cool and fun to allow Finishers on enemies, but you can't even use them anyway because they slow you down and put you more at risk than anything else.
A single Slide attack would be enough to put an end to all this, but instead you'll find yourself Finishing 10 enemies one by one as your objective is taking a beating behind you.

-Executing Dash and Surging Dash may be the only abilities amongst all the schools that are essentially useless for both the operator and most of the warframes.
An entire Branch of the tree is dedicated to forcing you back into your warframe, in close quarter, with enemies that are now well aware of your presence, with no powers, only to singularly hit enemies that are bunched up in a close group one after the other.

So yeah, if anyone can enlighten me on an actual use for this Active,"Operator" Ability I'd be filled with joy, because currently it's just a waste of standing.

well, in DS 100 they stated something about melee weapons for operators. but i do agree with you on the lack of any kind of context related to enemies hit by ED....or even HOW LONG they are open to finishers (a simple text desc would have helped...something I've been asking for since they dropped for PC)..that being said i was not confused, as i DID know that it meant switching back to the frame to make use of finishers for melee...as literally nothing else in the game has them.

Outside of the waybounds, most of the focus school is tied around Operator + Warframe gameplay.

DE wants us to go in and out; however, I find all but Unairu's cloak, Vazarin's everything, Madurai's Void Radiance and Zenurik's Energizing Dash to have awful usability (Stay far away from Madurai's Void Strike or know ultimate pain THAT is a waste of standing lol). 

The issue with surging dash is that the wave range is 2m meant to keep us close quarters, but IMO it could use a bit more range.

I have yet to utilize these abilities since:

This tree is best utilized by melee focused Warframes (Valkyr, Inaros, ~Wukong, Excal) if only for the combo counter as most of them have ways to open enemies to finishers anyway.