Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First time user of Zaws, how deep is the rabbit hole?

LupisV0lk

Question

So i came back to WarFrame due to seeing why so many in another games forum kept going on and on about the PoE update and aside from being now hooked on fishing, I've come across the Zaw's. Now the idea of a custom modular melee building system makes me giddy with glee. But without outside help i find it to be rather complex.Now i'm rather curious about the deeper working of the Zaw system, what does it entail?

Anyway i farmed and fished and built my first Zaw, a bladed staff, what are peoples thoughts on it?: 

OOLTHA + SEEKALLA + JAI

ATTACK SPEED 1.083
CRITICAL CHANCE 8.0%
CRITICAL MULTIPLIER 1.4x
STATUS 8.0%
STANCE POLARITY V
TOTAL DAMAGE 61.4
IMPACT 6.1
PUNCTURE 24.5
SLASH 30.7
LEAP ATTACK 122.7
SLIDE ATTACK 131.5
WALL ATTACK 102.3

and want to know if i should stick with this Staff or maybe try and build another Zaw.

Edit: whopps had gilded stats on. fixed to what the base stats are.

Edited by LupisV0lk

6 answers to this question

As far as I can tell, the main thing to upgrade is the counterweights, as everything else is designed to be balanced with one another (outside of the fact that crit/status builds are best in general and that speed is irrelevant with high crit)

https://semlar.com/zawcalc/

I've been using this to make Zaws, it lets you swap in parts and figure out what's best. 

As for how deep the system goes, it's not too bad. After you gild a Zaw you have to re-level it, and you might need a forma or two to get enough polarity slots, but at that point your Zaw is potentially endgame viable. You can add Exodia arcanes if you want but they're not necessary for a viable build, they're just bonuses.

Depends if you enjoy how it plays.

Bear in mind, the critical/status stats of the weapon will go up once it's gilded.

I'd say play with it for a while, see if you like how it feels. Stats-wise, i think you're fine. Also, don't forget - Zaws can benefit from melee arcanes. 

Good luck!

2 minutes ago, Meneliki said:

Depends if you enjoy how it plays.

Bear in mind, the critical/status stats of the weapon will go up once it's gilded.

I'd say play with it for a while, see if you like how it feels. Stats-wise, i think you're fine. Also, don't forget - Zaws can benefit from melee arcanes. 

Good luck!

Well i had planned on making a one to a few for each type. eg: sword, staff, machete.

12 hours ago, GrazewoundZero said:

I'm going to add the youtuber and WF partner, AGayGuyPlays.

His videos on the Zaws and the new Hunter mod sets are crazy good! (examples)

The EPIC Zaw Machete - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2INEbhVYbto

Hunter Munitions on EVERYTHING! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyVBESDttpI&t=4083s

Hmm might have to scour YT to find any videos detailing the Zaw system. have found some, mind is blown.

Edited by LupisV0lk