The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash is super fun, other fun frames?

(PSN)rolandassassin

Hello, i would like to find another fun frame where i will use all abilities.

This is my personal opinion and iam not hating on other frames. 

He has all fours abilities useful and fun, against <30 level enemies you can just spam shurikens and everything dies, invisibility is always great and you can build him as invisible frame aswell. 

With proper mods you can one shot everything with your ultimate up to level 100, and use fatal TP against even higher level enemies. He may not be viable in levels 200+ but its like 1% of the game (i guess). Iam mastery 10 btw.

I heard he is not wanted but in every sortie so far unless its spy i can score least deaths, most damage and most revives even with mastery 20 randoms. So i still dont get why is he not really wanted. 

I had so far - Ember, super boring passive playstyle around 4th ability. Loki - ehm boring aswell and i dont need few seconds longer invisibility. Frost - super powerful, i use him sometimes because he is just too good, but still he is very boring, campy frame. Oberon - ehh no thanks, quickest sell. Rhino, Nekros, Excalibur, Nova - They are fun, but i still prefer Ash. 

Now iam building Banshee, Hydroid and Nyx.

What frame would you suggest for me for “fun” based on this?

Nidus, Valkyr and Volt looks really cool.

Please note again that its just my view, if you are enjoying frames i dont, good for you! 

But iam looking for other super fun frames with very active playstyle and use of more abilities. Maybe you can recommend me some based on this?

Thanks!

Edited by (PS4)rolandassassin

Mag is a caster with a fully working kit (though her 4 starts to become more of a cc / revive defending skill rather than damage dealing in lster level).

Banshee is also great, you just need to be mobile, and you got yourself a mini cc with skyhigh damage multoplier.

Frost ia also a good allrounder. He can defend, strip armor, slow, or attack. I find his ice wave impendence mod to be vey usefull (switch it out with globe's augment for defense missions)

My most favorite Frames are Ash & Ember (in alphabetical order).
Unfortunately they nerfed Bladestorm down to hell, but the Team-Invis-Augment is really nice.

I play Ash for weapons and Ember for ability. IMHO, against Infested nothing is more fun then Ember. (-:
Also you have "Flash Accelerant" for additional TeamFireDamage! 

Edited by Kagee

Hydroid. Ultra fun.

1. Bombard enemies in a small area, hold for a bigger area. Can corrode enemies with aument.
Leaves enemies open for a ground finisher. OP with Prisma Obex + Entropy Detonation, for AOE kills and top damage in nearly any squad composition.

2. Become invulnerable while trampling and dragging enemies with you. Awesome for moving around and dashing in the air.
Like his 1 it leaves enemies open for a ground finisher. OP with Prisma Obex + Entropy Detonation, for AOE kills and top damage in nearly any squad composition.

3. Hold a whole area in defense missions for your team, while being invincible. Can kill lvl 100 mobs. Can heal yourself and allies. You can cast his 1, 2 and 4 while in your 3 increasing the damage you do.
Exiting your 3 leaves enemies open for a ground finisher. OP with Prisma Obex + Entropy Detonation, for AOE kills and top damage in nearly any squad composition.

4. Decent CC (3 is better imo). Can make enemies drop more items.

Imho, Hydroid is by far one of the most pleasant frames to play being so useful in any situation.

Frames I enjoy : Excal, Nezha, Rhino, Titania, Zephyr, Oberon, Inaros, Nidus, Vauban, Saryn, Limbo, Ash, Loki, Harrow, Gara
Frames I didn't : Volt, Trinity, Mag, Wukong, Chroma, Equinox, Frost, Nekros, Mesa, Mirage, Ivara, Nova, Ember, Valkyr, Octavia, Nyx, Atlas

glad to see someone appreciate Ash!

I think you might like Banshee, by a wide margin she's the best glass cannon we have with a high risk vs high reward playstyle. she's VERY squishy and easy to die as, but her 2 lets you deal tremendous damage with any weapon, even unranked and weak ones. maybe learn to dodge effectively first though, you'll need to with her.

Nyx is fun when you want to turn the enemy against themselves or see what happens when you vs. 20+ enemies suddenly becomes a free-for-all. her 4 is a good room clearer too.

Hydroid was recently buffed and is a LOT more powerful than he used to be. crazy amounts of crowd control, you can become a puddle and you have killer tentacles. he's also a Pirate, what more could you possibly want?

For me, the most "fun" warframe to use is Nidus and Oberon.

Nidus is great for the strange sense of satisfaction. Watching those enemies just group up together disgustingly with Larva and being corpse-launched with Virulence is the best for me (O god, it's disgusting AF!!)

Oberon is fun because all of his abilities is useful in almost every situations. I use Smite for a single target. Hallowed Ground to watch enemies perish. Renewal +[Rage] or [Hunter Adrenaline] for immortality and Reckoning for (I can't really describe it XP , but somehow it gives me the feeling that "I'M THE KING!!" kinda feeling).

2 hours ago, (PS4)rolandassassin said:

I believe so! But i just didnt enjoy his goat nature style probably haha. 

O really?

Spoiler

28jfq00.jpg

Are you sure about that?

Edited by Ratentaisou
Misspelled Oberon as "Oberos"

54 minutes ago, Ratentaisou said:

For me, the most "fun" warframe to use is Nidus and Oberon.

Nidus is great for the strange sense of satisfaction. Watching those enemies just group up together disgustingly with Larva and being corpse-launched with Virulence is the best for me (O god, it's disgusting AF!!)

Oberon is fun because all of his abilities is useful in almost every situations. I use Smite for a single target. Hallowed Ground to watch enemies perish. Renewal +[Rage] or [Hunter Adrenaline] for immortality and Reckoning for (I can't really describe it XP , but somehow it gives me the feeling that "I'M THE KING!!" kinda feeling).

O really?

Hide contents

28jfq00.jpg

Are you sure about that?

Wow, that looks much better then the base one.

Nova actually has a lot of synergies between her skills...but imo the master of synergies is hands down Nidus. 

If you use all his skills, his tanking, CC and damage is pretty nuts and he scales soooooooo well. I don't think any other frames has 4 abilities that synergize better than Nidus's abilities. 

A for Nova:

- Her 1 offers damage reduction which paired with Molecular Prime mitigates A LOT of damage.

- Her 2 synergizes well with high damage weapons and paired with Molecular Prime offers insane damage.

- Her 3 not only allows you to travel fast, together with her 1 and 4, it also further boosts you ability to dodge damage.

- Her 4 synergizes with all her other skills and doubles the damage of her 2. 

Some dude on YT actually did a video about ability synergies and lists the "best" frames in that regard: 

Hydroid's great too because:

- His 1 strips armor which greatly boosts damage of his puddle and tidal surge.

- Tidal surge groups up enemies nicely for your puddle.

- Puddle synergizes well with his 1 and bundles stuff up for your kraken.

- Her kraken holds stuff in place nicely so you can hit it with your 1...or drown stuff in puddle.

His abilities work on a line of sight basis, so you can spam them from super far away. Don't listen to the guys saying you have to sit in the puddle all the time...because stuff melts in 5-15sec in puddle once you've stripped armor with his 1. There really isn't a need to sit in your puddle for more than a few seconds at a time.

Edited by (PS4)Radehx