Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PoE overwhelming, how should i prioritize?

(PSN)FINNTHEHUMAN_81_

Question

So first couple of days in eidolon I fished and mined for materials for sky archwing, that felt like something I needed to do,then I did bounties for a couple days, then hunted the small flying teralysts for sentient cores for quill rep. I bounce around so much I feel like I'm not really accomplishing anything. I want to know how others prioritize their time in the plains and in what order things should be done to get the most out of my time . thanks in advance.

6 answers to this question

First of all, it depends on what you try to get from the plains. 

In my opinion, the plains are mostly designed with veteran / more experienced players in mind, and DE only allowed new players in so they can quickly try the new update out, but the main focus wasn't on the newcomers. If you want a better AMP for your operator, definitely try and get ready for the night, get a nice team together and get some strong weapons and go hunting for the eidolons.

BUT if you're not really interested in operator play, and just wanna craft yourself some weapons and get some cool mods, do the bounties, fish, mine etc.. everything else that the plain has to offer right now.

I can't really speak for the new event since I barely played it.

Hope I helped a bit, have fun Tenno!

Edited by EmilotMargus
No event on the consoles yet, sorry, just noticed.

I kept acquiring Ostron standing from bounties but got stuck with sacrifices needed

So instead of wasting standing because of the cap, I started to buy materials like bait, spear, weapon parts, masks etc 

I admit this is not the most prepared method but the cap led me to enjoy new stuff that I’ve been skimping to buy  

Enjoy the standing you get until you acquire/commit to a long term goal like Quills stuff. These will move you towards Eidolon hunting which will empower your Operator’s void powers  

So there’s 2 choices: Ostron for rewards or Quills for Tenno power. Which one do you fancy? 

Im just slowly progressing on both with random vomvalyts and bounties but some people set up Eidolon hunts to speed things up. 

I just prioritize whatever item/goal I intend to build/achieve on that day.

Whenever it starts to feel like a chore, I just go do something I like in-game (Kuva farming, Sabotage Cache hunting, Fishing) or just take a break.

PoE isn't going anywhere, there's no need to get to daily cap of Ostron/Quills standing every single day (and that takes a fair amount of time if you have high MR).

So far I’ve been prioritizing Eidolon Teralyst capturing, with a little bit of mining and fishing.

When PoE hit consoles I had already done some research and knew I wanted to build and gild an amp first. So naturally I needed Quills ranked up. Teralyst hunting was the best option for Exceptional and Flawless cores, as well as Eidolon Shards to rank up.

By the time I had my new amp finished, I had a plethora of Brilliant Eidolon Shards, and decided to grind a bit more so I could rank/unbound the Vazarin 150% Operator Health.

Now that I finished that, I’m trying to get my last Gara part and rank up Ostron slowly, while saving up some good amounts of gems, ores, and fish. 

That’s been my process so far.