Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What to do with lvl 30 weapons and frames.

LupisV0lk

Question

13 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, LeNinja_RyKo said:

They make mods of the same polarity cost less

Okay, So that's all you can do, is just make your frame's mod slots more cost effective so you can slot more powerful mods?

I take it you do the same for weapons as well?

Edited by LupisV0lk

Also have Orokin Catalysts and Reactors

Catalysts are for weapons, Reactors for frames,companions and archwings

typically at rank 30 your frame or weapon has 30 points for mods (plus bonus added from aura or stance cards on frame or melee weapons if applicable), with a catalyst or reactor youll have 60 points at rank 30

on top of that like others said you forma the slots to increase efficiency, so higher ranked higher point mod cards cost less in those spots

Reators and catalyst usually the easiest way to get them is to watch for the alerts for them especially the gift of the lotus one that happen after any dev stream

Reactors and Catalyst are also on Sortie reward tables

im not sure if its still the case since im coming back from being away for awhile but Catalysts used to also be found in the rare reinfoced caches found sometimes on missions

Besides the above reactor or catalysts can be purchased for 20plat a piece from in game market on your ship

Edited by Tokens210

5 minutes ago, Tokens210 said:

Also have Orokin Catalysts and Reactors

Catalysts are for weapons, Reactors for frames,companions and archwings

typically at rank 30 your frame or weapon has 30 points for mods (plus bonus added from aura or stance cards on frame or melee weapons if applicable), with a catalyst or reactor youll have 60 points at rank 30

on top of that like others said you forma the slots to increase efficiency, so higher ranked higher point mod cards cost less in those spots

Reators and catalyst usually the easiest way to get them is to watch for the alerts for them especially the gift of the lotus one that happen after any dev stream

Okay, and i take it i should use the Reactor and Cata on what i like that's at 30?

6 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

Okay, and i take it i should use the Reactor and Cata on what i like that's at 30?

yea i updated my first post with some other places you can get them the 1 spot as i said im not certain about since im coming back from being away

but being new there going to be kinda rare for ya for a bit till you get enough to be ahead of the game so id personally say save them for Weapons/Frames/Companion/Archwings you really like or ones you know from searching around are powerful or can be and more end game type stuff

cause in the beginning nothing feels as crappy when your a new player then you wasted them all by popping them on everything you had only to realize they were probably rarer then you thought and alot of those weapons were junk and without a riven mod for said weapon to possibly turn it around you may end up needing to delete the weapon for a better one if your out of space and since you cant remove Reactors or Catalysts thats going bye bye with it lol

Edited by Tokens210

All your beef comes from the mods you choose to slot and your goal will be to fill every mod slot with max rank mods to squeeze the very most out of the warframe/weapon in question. The choice of mods you slot are entirely up to you. Half the fun of Warframe is experimenting.

You may find that you run out of mod capacity before you can fill every slot, especially if the mods are ranked up through the use of Endo and the Fusion system.

Ensure to fit Orokin Reactors/Catalysts in to your warframes and weapons respectively. These items give a permanent upgrade by doubling the total capacity which will immedially allow you to slot more or higher grade mods. These items can be potential rewards in alerts/invasions/sorties or can be purchased from the market.

You may notice some mod slots have little icons on them indicating a certain polarity. The cost of a matching polarity mod will be halved if slotted here. Not all gear starts with polarity slots but you can add/remove them as you see fit through the use of forma.

Forma is an item which allows you to add polarity slots of your choice. Adding polarity slots is beneficial but it will also begin to specialize the mod loadout by limiting slots to a specific polarity. It is recomended to only do this when you are absolutely satisfied with the mod you are planning to slot. It is sensible to start with the essential damage/survivability mods which give straight percentage increases. Forma is best obtained by opening void relics in void fissure missions, they can also be seen in alerts/invasions/sorties or purchased from the market.

The process of adding a polarity slot will reset the rank of the gear and force you to level it again. The difference this time it will have cheaper capacity costs. You can polarize as many slots as you like.

Levelling a freshly polarized weapon will not count towards mastery rank and it will not hurt the double capacity from the the orokin reactor/catalyst.

All of this takes time but it is necessary for ensuring you have decent damage and survivability for all situations.

Edited by PeachyPurpleNova

1 hour ago, Tokens210 said:

yea i updated my first post with some other places you can get them the 1 spot as i said im not certain about since im coming back from being away

but being new there going to be kinda rare for ya for a bit till you get enough to be ahead of the game so id personally say save them for Weapons/Frames/Companion/Archwings you really like or ones you know from searching around are powerful or can be and more end game type stuff

cause in the beginning nothing feels as crappy when your a new player then you wasted them all by popping them on everything you had only to realize they were probably rarer then you thought and alot of those weapons were junk and without a riven mod for said weapon to possibly turn it around you may end up needing to delete the weapon for a better one if your out of space and since you cant remove Reactors or Catalysts thats going bye bye with it lol

Okay, just to enquire what are some weapons a newer player(or my case an older player that kinda stagnated and has forgotten the ropes) would have access to that'd be worth slapping a cata on? Would say the karak be worth using a cata on?

Edited by LupisV0lk

Depending on your mastery rank, you have points equating to your current rank available for unranked weapons 
that can be used for mods.

Mod points is 1 per level, a level 30 weapon will have 30 points which you can equip mods on "upgrade" option
in Arsernal.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mods_2.0

400?cb=20140828044554

latest?cb=20130716194937
An Orokin Catalyst (potato) installed will double the points on a weapon to 60 points at max rank.
Orokin Catalyst Blueprint are dropped on Sortie, after Devstream as "Gift from Lotus" alert missions. 
OR purchased straight off market using platinum.

Every weapon have 8 mod slots which you can install mods to alter performance.
Mods can be fusion to attain higher level performance, but it drains more mod points.

Melee weapon have Stance slot, and Warframe have Aura Slot, installing a matching polarity 
mod will give you bonus points at double the mod's point.

350?cb=20160911112607
Forma - This requires forma that is either purchased with plats, or crafted with blueprint from void relic fissure.
A weapon can only be forma-ed once it is max level,  you need to re-level a weapon to level 30 before applying another forma.
[A 5 forma weapon will need to be leveled max 6 times before it reaches it's full potential.]

A forma changes a slot to specific Polarity 
V, -, D polarity, a Hornet Strike, Serration, Pressure Point has V polarity.

Since Base damage mods increase the damage of a weapon with no drawback, it is considered "mandatory" mod as 
all weapons are intended to kill, the more powerful it is the better.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Polarity

latest?cb=20171007150955latest?cb=20171007154447latest?cb=20171007153656

300?cb=20141119192100 350?cb=20141119192014

A Polarized slot with matching V polarity will consume half the points on mod, a 14 point Hornet Strike will consume 
7 points.

You can heavily invest into a weapon depending on your personal preference, and the difference can be staggering.

If you are having doubt if it is worth the investment you might want to search youtube review before committing to investing a potato and a few forma when there is better alternatives out there.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG