Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Telos Boltace!

RohitParmar

Hello,  I would like to see a change with telos boltace, or a (buff). 

Once you slide attack, you will stun the enemies, and cause any type of damage, (or proc). No cooldown, and no vortex or (pushing out the enemies), just plain stunning. I'm just sad about the nerf that happened in June. I would just like to see a better mechanic other than this one. Just remove the cooldown, and pushing out enemies. 

1 minute ago, KlutzMeister said:

I think just the pull in phase with no cool down would be nice, too... pull them to their doom <3

An Shorter cooldown 2 sec instead of 4 sec

This idea of yours sounds great only this idea is not gonna happen

Telos Boltace where an OP Melee in the first place then the Nerf came along 

and now its useless again. :facepalm:

So think again about this idea!

1 hour ago, -_Highlander_- said:

An Shorter cooldown 2 sec instead of 4 sec

This idea of yours sounds great only this idea is not gonna happen

Telos Boltace where an OP Melee in the first place then the Nerf came along 

and now its useless again. :facepalm:

So think again about this idea!

Yeah, i know it's really never gonna happen. I mean.. unless DE reads this.

4 hours ago, KlutzMeister said:

I think just the pull in phase with no cool down would be nice, too... pull them to their doom <3

it was nerfed because every one was sick of it or didnt care that it was nerfed. if every one complained it would have been rolled back .DE decided a few things wouldnt be used any more and it was one of them. it is what happens when they want new stuff to be used some times . the impact puncture and slash rework is probably going to be a massive nerf to stuff in the same vein where now you need to use these other weapons or you wont be able to keep up

Remove the outward ragdoll mechanic on second slide proc and remove the cooldown. Valkyr’s Prolonged Paralysis does the same exact thing but with better efficiency  and less frustration.

I don’t need a weapon that purposefully pushes enemies away from my close quarter combat melee range, which for tonfas is the slide attack (its optimal attack perk for this weapon type). Ridiculous.

1 hour ago, RohitParmar said:

Is there any way to reach out to DE to look at this post?

Good luck with that. 

Actually, they’ve seen the post already. They don’t want to make the changes because... period. Even with player feedback/outcry for wanting further changes to improve the weapon as is without reverting back to the old Telos Boltace has resulted in lack of responsiveness and complacency on the issue.

Am 24.11.2017 um 17:37 schrieb --Q--Voltage:

Right now it is complete junk and MR Fodder.

Hold on for a second...

Spoiler

In case nobody understands spanish, the translation is as follows: "Eheh...Junk...EHHeheheheh *breathes* AHAHAHEHEHEHE....Mastery fodder....I just killed a corrupted gunner eximus level 150 with what? 5 slides? With viral damage and no help from slash procs?.....ehehehhhhhhhheheh....complete junk...*breathes strongly*..EHEHEHAHAHAHE."

PS: Bandaids such as primed reach and combo counter mods are included in case you think i went full dps at the sacrifice of necessary stuff. So it's not even full dps. Now try replicating this with lesion, atterax, galatine prime or whatever floats your boat hehe, kthx. inb4 covert lethality dagger cheese

Aaaanyway, now with that out of the way....i do agree with

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Fishyflakes:

It's the only weapon in the game that can increase your bullet jump length and tumble distance.

its already op op

this dude because i very much love this parkour buff which helps in speedrunning through tiles.

but also with

vor 10 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Lei-Lei_23:

Remove the outward ragdoll mechanic on second slide proc and remove the cooldown. Valkyr’s Prolonged Paralysis does the same exact thing but with better efficiency  and less frustration.

this one right here. A cooldown of max. 2 or 3 seconds should be okay though to prevent macro users going ham with infinite CC. But please get rid of the ragdoll, it ruins the main damage potential of this weapon which not only relies on slides but also has a short range too. While i find the weapon very powerful already, the "special syndicate effect" is imo more counterproductive than any helpful. Compared to the other syndicate melees, it got the short end of the stick. I understand the need of change though because of obvious reasons...(maiming slash procs all over the place). But just because the ability was overpowered, doesn't mean it has to be made underpowered. eh?

Edited by IceColdHawk

@IceColdHawk I guess we can agree to disagree on the point for an ability cooldown for the syndicate ability. Me, I like fast gameplay and having a cooldown on the Telos Boltace’s syndicate ability on slide attacks feels a bit disheartening to me. The immersion also breaks whenever I don’t visually see or feel the syndicate ability take effect imo. So for me, having no ability cooldown would be ideal but I understand the plausability of arguing for that 2-3 seconds cooldown.

As for breaking boxes, just slightly up the damage on the Vacuuming 1st slide attack ability proc to make that a thing, DE. Completely remove that garbage second slide ragdoll ability proc, no one wants it and it defeats the optimal purpose for tonfas (their slide attack).

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

• 4 weeks later...

If anything, the Boltace needs a whole new passive. The reason you're not allowed to spam it is not only because it was waaaay too effective when macro'd, but also because the visual effects it proc'd were so obnoxious that it made everything hard to see for everyone else on your team.

Edited by KokoroWish

Seriously, DE. Something finally comes in the game that is good. Fans try to hide it, because DE knows that it's good. It's so sad that people try to hide everything, because people know DE. They need to stop nerfing everything, and make the game a little bit better. Everything you enjoy in the game gets trashed and nerfed and gets throwin' in the garbage, but people want it in the recycle bin.