Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

any tips for a new player ?!

0ShakeItBaby0

Question

hi
i played the game for few hours long time ago sadly i couldn't find players in match making to play with and the game become harder cuz i was alone
i want to get back into the game but i noticed there is alot of changes happened in it 
consider me as newbie 
what should i do when i jump back in any tips or things to help me or keep in mind ?! 

6 answers to this question

Go at your own pace. Try to find some ppl in chat to help if it's too hard for you. There are a lot of players ready to help newbies.

For first Warframe to build try to go for Rhino. He's  perfect for new players, because he has good defensive skill, decent damage and can be useful at lategame too. It's not perfect for everyone but he's decent and can be acquired more or less early on.

For weapons go with anything you like. Only vs higher leveled enemies it matters what weapon you take. For start pick something you think is cool and go for it.

Try to get the hang of mod system here, because modding makes a big difference.

If you need info on something try asking in chat or using wiki http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki 

I play for 4.5 years and still need info from there, because there's so much of everything here!

joining the right clan that is helpful and noob friendly is the key to success for new players, I might go out and say it is the most important thing for a new player to do. this game can be very confusing at times due to the lack of a real tutorial system, complicated naming system for literraly everything in the game (why call it a Syandana when you can just call it a Cape or Back Accessory?), un-intuitive UI and menu interfaces, Damage 2.0 (3 physical damage types + 10 elemental damage types with zero explanation of what works agains what until you get the codex scans to view yourself, which is another thing they really don't explain to much about either)

Trust me, go to the recruitment section of the forums and look for a good all level and helpful clan, preferably one that has their own teamspeak/mumble/discord. It will be your best resorce for instant Q&A, match making, trading, powerleveling, etc

All good advice.  As a still fairly new player, I suggest:

Don't worry about resources. They will come soon enough.

Read the wiki.

Mods are everything. 

I don't suggest Rhino initially.  Play the squishiest frame you like to play.  Get used to staying on your toes and avoiding fire.  Learn to be tactical and stay alive.  Only then start picking up other frames.  At some point you're going to have to do this anyway, might as well out the gate.

Learn the spy, abd rescue missions.  Get good at them.

Try to find a good, active and helpful clan.  Good luck with that though.

Don't neglect your Archwing frame and learn the missions.

Try out new weapons as resources permit.  It's a long haul, not a race.

Practice your frame acrobatics and get proficient.  Bullet jumping, gliding, wall jumping. 

Don't forget channeling!

Play pvp at least once a week.  Don't go beyond rank 2 until you are ready.

So much stuff to do in the game

Read the wiki.  Do the tutorials.

Do what you find fun. People will tell you this frame/weapon/build is best for a mission/situation. For the most part, ignore this (at first anyway). If you like playing a frame in a particular way, go for it. 

Same goes for the grind (there is a lot, particularly at first). If you find yourself getting annoyed at grinding something, stop. Do something else for a while. Just explore the open world, or run some missions you enjoy.

If you need help, ask. Region chat is (usually) good at answering questions. There is a bot that sometimes gives good answers.

And you can go to recruiting chat if you get stuck on a mission, you can find people to help you.

Clans are good, because you have both things in one place.

Ultimately, this is a game. You should try to enjoy it.

1. Take your time. If you don't you run the risk of being overwhelmed since there is SO much content in the game.

2. The Wiki is your friend so use it often. The game doesn't always do a very good job of explaining things so get used to using the wiki or asking questions here. This is seriously some of the best advice you can get about Warframe.

3. Just play the game, stressing about farm up this resource or that prime part can lead to frustration, so add variety to what you do. You will find yourself having more fun and you will have what you are looking for in no time.

4. Experiment with your frames and weapons and don't get to caught up in what others say is the best build, test for yourself and tweak what you need to. The best builds are usually hybrids of suggested builds and your own tweaks, Also, there are no real "best" weapons/Frames in the game. What someone else uses well may not suit your individual play style or preference. Keep in mind some are definitely better than others, like the Soma Prime or Galatine Prime for example, while some take a little more work tomaster but almost weapon or frame in the game can be viable.

Edited by (PS4)RevUncleRuckus