Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, I've been gone for over 2 years and... movement speed?

coldreactive

Question

I've noticed people having 3-5x more movement speed than I do in the eidolon plains, meaning after a bounty is cleared, I basically have to abandon the mission, since I cannot move as fast as anyone at all in the game. Wonder how one would go about increasing said movement speed without an ability/etc?

Edited by coldreactive

14 answers to this question

1 minute ago, chaotea said:

3) If not, try this: bullet jump, slide, bullet jump again, repeat. This helps you pick up momentum.

What's bullet jump? (No, really. It wasn't a thing the last time I played. In fact, the ship system and being able to walk around the tenno ship wasn't even in the game.)

Players can move at 30m/s+ even without Abilities!
experiment with strategic combined use of Bullet Jumping, Double Jumping, Rolling, and Aimgliding. using all of these tools together lets you move very quickly and cover long distances before touching the ground.

some quick notes (since i don't want to spoil experimental discovery for you):

• Bullet Jump is the opening movement to basically all fast, long distance travel
  • Aimgliding keeps your current Velocity while reducing your falling speed
  • the more parkour actions which are strung together, the faster they are!

(i totally forgot Air Melee - this is an important part of Player Movement too)

Edit:

14 hours ago, chaotea said:

1) You dont need to abandon the bounty.

you could though - and since the game saves your Bounty progress any time you see a Bounty flag on your screen - if you aren't going to stay with a Squad anyways it is faster to quit to Cetus than to walk back.

Edited by taiiat

5 minutes ago, coldreactive said:

What's bullet jump? (No, really. It wasn't a thing the last time I played. In fact, the ship system and being able to walk around the tenno ship wasn't even in the game.)

You should head to the codex for some tutorial review, its on the left side of your navigator facing front of your ship to the left.

1 hour ago, coldreactive said:

What is a dragon key? I don't remember those either.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Key

Well the good news is, that if you don't know what these are, you probably won't have one in your gear wheel.

New players tend to forget to unequip them or ...don't read item describtions.

Edited by Megakruemel

7 hours ago, taiiat said:

[...]

you could though - and since the game saves your Bounty progress any time you see a Bounty flag on your screen - if you aren't going to stay with a Squad anyways it is faster to quit to Cetus than to walk back.

But you still lose your affinity if you abort right?

As others have said, do the movement 2.0 tutorial in the codex, then practice, you'll be moving like lightning in no time.

And as I tip, if you want to really move, don't do it like most do; slide > bullet > double > slide (repeat)

Instead, stick a roll in there; slide > bullet > double > ROLL > slide (repeat)

There is a a bit less control with the roll, so on tile levels you need to know when too use it and when not too, but on the plains it should be your go to movement. Most don't use it, it goes about 20% faster than them. 

7 hours ago, Amazerath said:

But you still lose your affinity if you abort right?

the game doesn't save everything, no.

i haven't paid attention specifically if XP is saved but everything until each point in which you see the Bounty Flag on your screen at any given time, should.
rocks and fish and Et Cetera aren't saved by Bounties though, no.