Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage 2.5 (aka 0 RNG damage)

PerishedFraud

The more I play Warframe the more I realize that every weapon has RNG involved at its core. Status chance, Critical chance, mods that have a chance to proc, all that stuff. 

Is there really a point in making most weapons clunky? Snipers that only deal good damage every other shot are one of the worst examples, but really even something like the Soma is inconsistent, it just works better due to high fire rate.

Here's a simple update to the damage system and mods that makes everything consistent. 

I'll ask all of you to provide constructive criticism instead of blindly defending the system we have right now, which is something I see happening frequently these days. This isn't a fix, it's a suggested improvement. I'm not calling Warframe or the devs bad. And no, there are no buffs/nerfs in this, I have zero personal bias, I made sure. Please stay calm and civil.

WARNING, while most of this is simple in execution, it is also very detailed and has tons of math (albeit basic math, mostly percentages). If you want a TLDR, it's that you'd now know when weapons would proc, and see them building up towards a proc. You'd also always deal some crit damage with weapons on every hit, instead of critting randomly. How much damage would depend on how crit-based or crit-modded the weapon is. Multishot would also be consistent with no damage change. All this is without any nerfs/buffs. For the "juicy" details, keep reading.

Multishot mechanics: Mods now have two stats. +X shots and - shot damage. Every shot will now have has consistent multishot.

Example: Split chamber will have +1 bullet and -5% damage, so two shots with 95% damage which is 190% damage, the exact amount you'd be dealing on average with split chamber before, except now every shot would be two bullets. Hell's chamber would give +2 bullets and -26% damage, meaning you'd always fire three bullets (per pellet) but still deal 220% damage with your shots. Every shot now has consistent multishot, with no overall damage loss.

Crit mechanics: Replace critical chance with a plain critical stat. Weapons now "crit" on every hit. Numbers adjusted everywhere. See details below, this one is very extensive.

Weapons now "crit" on every shot/hit, but not all weapons are crit weapons. Instead of crit chance, the new critical stat determines the effectiveness of critical damage (which is further affected by crit damage mods, which are not changed). Say you have a weapon with 10% critical chance and 2x crit damage. This weapon now innately deals 10% more damage (100/10). A weapon with 25% crit chance and 3x crit damage now innately deals 50% more damage (200/4).

The new critical stat (which is basically "how many attacks would I do until i get a crit") determines the effectiveness of critical damage, both the weapon's own and any that you add with mods. This stat has the same values as old crit chance. So if you put true steel on a weapon with 25% critical stat and 3x crit damage, it now has 40% crit chance, so it deals 80% more damage (200/2.5). If you add more crit damage it just gets added to the formula. What's the difference between crit and non-crit weapons now? Well, the crit portion of damage that weapons have gets multiplied by headshots and the like, and obviously crit-based weapons benefit more from crit mods, as they always did. Low fire rate crit weapons are now consistent and all weapons feel better to use. Damage is unchanged.

Status mechanics: You have full control over when and what you proc. Status builds up in various ways.

Procs are unchanged in themselves. Weapons still have a status chance stat, now just called status.You now have a charge meter, a little bar or orb indicator that fills up. When it is full, your next attack will deal a status proc. How fast it fills from any source is determined by the status stat. What causes this to fill: Attacking an enemy or holding your fire. Here's how this works. Status chance normally builds up over time spent not firing. Single-shot, non-rapid-fire weapons like snipers, bows and the Opticor charge up this way faster. Firing at an enemy also builds this up, with a slight bonus for rapid fire. If you proc, any remaining status you had (for example, you have 40% chance, you proc on your third hit and there's 20% left over from that hit) is added to the charge.

If your weapon has 20% status chance, it takes 2.5 seconds to fill by not firing (1x fill per 0.5 seconds).On a low fire rate weapon it would take 2.0 seconds (20% faster) If you fire a shot, your status increases by your stat, so a weapon with 20% status would hit an enemy four times and proc on the fifth hit, then reset. Increasing chance makes both of these better/faster. Because you'll still get the bonus when you fire the weapon, a low fire rate weapon with decent status would end up with a wait time of less than a second between shots to proc on every one, or you'd just proc on every other shot with a guarantee. High fire rate weapons, as stated before, would keep proccing as long as they keep firing, but hitting enemies with over 80% accuracy would give them 20% increased chance too.You can see exactly what you will proc on the orb/meter, meaning you can play around it, knowing which of your elements is coming up next. Status now procs at the same rate with no randomization, and single-shot style weapons are far more consistent. 

The second part of this would be specializing your procs. When upgrading your weapon, you can pick between anything it can proc and set its priority (in percent, how often it procs, you have 100% to distribute as you like between the procs available). This means you can build a weapon for a damage type, but also build it for a proc of a lesser type it possesses without issue (of course the lesser type would deal less damage, as it does now. Did you know proc damage only scales with damage of that element? Now you do.). It also means that you can have fully consistent single-type procs on a weapon.  It fits any usage you have of status, be it condition overload stacking or using status for damage on its own like the Lanka, Tigris or Dread.

Lastly lets talk about gimmick mods. Mods like Thunderbolt or the popular new Hunter Munitions. Instead of "30% chance to explode, dealing 250 blast damage", we can easily get "100% chance to explode, dealing 75 blast damage". Instead of "30% chance to apply slash on critical hit" we can get "100% chance to apply 30% slash based on critical damage" (it would scale from the critical "part" of the damage you get, much like headshots with this suggested system. And yes, slash stacks, before you ask.)

So, do you like what you see here? I only have consistency and fluidity in mind. If iIgunked up some calculations or forgot about something, feel free to tell me.

Edited by BeeOverlord

Some of the mechanics are interesting, I like some (Multishot) and I don't like some (Status). They are well thought, however...

This system, or any system too far away from what we have today will not happen. Why? Think about the trouble DE will have, both dealing with stats numbers and dealing with the community, if they do something like this. What would happen to all the Rivens out there? All the plat invested on them? I myself think no mod, not even a "god" riven is worth more than 300p, but some people actually pay 20 times that in a single mod. What would happen if the system changes and that mod is no longer "the best thing out there"?

Rivens were both great and terrible for DE
Great because it gave us the chance to do something new with every weapon we have. Because it gave us a place to spend even more plat with both slots and trade chat
Terrible because DE has tied their own hands. They can't go back on this. Any plan to change the system would backfire and cause way more harm than good

So as much as I like something like your Multishot idea, DE would not be able to change everyone's Rivens with Multishot to implement something like this. Because it would be easy to base the rework around a single mod like Split Chamber that has a fix value of +90% MS, but something like this when we have Rivens with +68,7% MS or -32.3% MS would be a nightmare

31 minutes ago, DhatZ said:

WONDERFULL, but what would make DE decide to rework it like that? since RNG is a basic thing in acquiring every resource and mod in farmframe.

Wrong kind of RNG ;] 

Making weapons more functional won't ruin the economy, don't worry.

@Emulad0or

In the same vein, rivens work with this too. The only change needed is for -multishot rivens to not have negative amount of shots. (They're already horrible tbh, they can make weapons literally unusable if over 100, and horrible otherwise).

Edited by BeeOverlord

With enough forma and mods it is actually possible to get your weapons to perform consistently that negates the effect of RNG
As in every shot is a overkill even at it's lowest RNG value.

I would love to see weapons that does not rely on Crit or Status, that perform on-par as Crit and Status based weapons
Because a weapon's firepower is suppose to be consistent, not fluctuate.

It does not make sense a Ignis which is a flamethrower does not have 100% heat proc... target being set on fire not burning ?

Nor a Torid not triggering 100% toxin proc... as toxic gas are not toxic I suppose ?

Also we have too little mods to make it 100% proc on something, if you want 100% status chance it would require mixing 
elemental status mods which dilute the possibility of status proc. So making a Nitrogen gun that freezes enemies every shot is not a thing.
Nor bow with fire arrows that sets the target on fire 100% of the time.

Because you will need to mix in other elementals which combine to not have effect of primary elementals

1 hour ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

So making a Nitrogen gun that freezes enemies every shot is not a thing.

Doesn't the Glaxion do just this? Pity it's not very good.

But yes, you can mod some weapons to perform consistently, but how many are those, like 20% of the weapons we have available? Probably a bit more with Rivens but one should ignore those when discussing balance. Most weapons are stuck being either bad or good but inconsistent. This change would make any weapon consistent, so maybe the amount of fun weapons would at least double or something.

Edited by BeeOverlord

Il y a 17 heures, BeeOverlord a dit :

Multishot mechanics: Mods now have two stats. +X shots and - shot damage. Every shot will now have has consistent multishot.

I don't like the idea. You have mostly Split Chamber in mind, but remember only this mod has below 100% multishot. A massive mechanical rework only due to 1 mod is unnecessary. The problem I have with multishot is, that it gives a flat double damage bonus and thus is a mandatory mod eliminating any versatility. In my opinion much more elegant change would be, that Multishot creates additional pellets not increases overall damage but transferes original status and crit chance to each pellet.

Weapons now "crit" on every shot/hit, but not all weapons are crit weapons. Instead of crit chance, the new critical stat determines the effectiveness of critical damage (which is further affected by crit damage mods, which are not changed)

I also don't like this idea. You just swap burst dps with sustain dps. Furthermore, as every hit is a critical hit now crit mods become almost mandatory in every build for every weapon.

Status mechanics: [...]

Also a "no" from me. First of all, way too complicated. Second, with direct access everyone will pick the best status and ramp it to the max value, it is a no brainer.

3 hours ago, ShortCat said:

I don't like thing

Mister ShortCat I must imply you to actually read the post before replying with such nonsense. I will now proceed to debunk everything you've said.

>You have mostly Split Chamber in mind, but remember only this mod has below 100% multishot.

I've already explained exactly how this would work with multishot in general. I've given Hell's Chamber, a mod that has 120% multishot as an example. It works fine even if you're shooting three shots, and it would work fine with 50 too.

>You just swap burst dps with sustain dps. Furthermore, as every hit is a critical hit now crit mods become almost mandatory in every build for every weapon.

There are two issues with this statement. First, sustain and burst dps are irrelevant here. A crit Soma will have sustain dps, a crit Opticor will have burst dps. These things are decided by the build and weapon. This change would make either of these deal consistent damage, that is all.

Secondly, crit mods most certainly do NOT become mandatory on every weapon. As I've nicely written, weapons still maintain their crit stats which decide how well they scale with crit mods. Building a weapon with 5 or 10 crit is just as bad an idea with this as it is right now. It would simply be consistently bad.

>First of all, way too complicated. Second, with direct access everyone will pick the best status and ramp it to the max value, it is a no brainer.

First I'd like to thank you for admitting to not reading the whole thing. It's very nice to say you dislike a concept without actually going through it.

Second, you fail to take in mind that status only scales with damage of its own element, despite me having written this as well, knowing most people aren't aware of it. Even if you would pick the "best" status, it would only scale with how much damage of that element you have on the weapon. All this does is enable better specialization, your remark is nonsense.

With all that said, I must urge you to actually read a full concept before trying to criticize it. And no, reading one or two sentences from each section does not qualify, which I'm pretty sure you've done here. Cheerio.

Edited by BeeOverlord

I appreciate the math, the thought, and lack of interest in being ruled by RNG. To a degree, I can agree with it based on personal preferences, but still, even as a designer myself working on a product for mass consumption, I cannot agree with it.  This system vs a system that uses rng has different advantages and disadvantages, but, there's an important consideration I believe you've missed entirely based off of your own preferences.

You're totally ignoring the psychology/emotion of these current (and long standing) mechanics for pure math and predictability.

Status chance and Crit chance can lead to unpredictable, and often exciting experiences for players.  It also creates more pursuit and frequent return behavior.  You don't know what exactly is going to happen so you get tempted to come back to try again, or to push the results towards more predictability+favorable outcomes.  It can lead to interesting surprise moments.

Of course you have the effect of controllable variables (crit mods and abilities) helping to make more desired, less unpredictable results.  Giving players unpredictability but the (eventual) ability to earn the power to control those unpredictable variables and derive satisfaction with that can be immensely powerful, even if it seems incredibly minor and barely noticeable to some or many people.

6 hours ago, Terrornaut said:

You're totally ignoring the psychology/emotion of these current (and long standing) mechanics for pure math and predictability.

Status chance and Crit chance can lead to unpredictable, and often exciting experiences for players.  It also creates more pursuit and frequent return behavior.  You don't know what exactly is going to happen so you get tempted to come back to try again, or to push the results towards more predictability+favorable outcomes.  It can lead to interesting surprise moments.

Of course you have the effect of controllable variables (crit mods and abilities) helping to make more desired, less unpredictable results.  Giving players unpredictability but the (eventual) ability to earn the power to control those unpredictable variables and derive satisfaction with that can be immensely powerful, even if it seems incredibly minor and barely noticeable to some or many people.

How idealistic. It's a pity that in reality this more or less translates to making people buy or reroll rivens endlessly with a nasty psychology trick. "I'll get this to 100% this time for sure!" - it's pitiful to look at this mentality. Reminds me of far more nasty practices that we thankfully don't have in Warframe, but it's dangerously close.

Rivens shouldn't be included when discussing balance. They were always the point where the system gets unfair and horrid, because it's the final bit of grinding that you can do. Rivens aren't fair. The desire to get a riven to get consistent crits or procs has nothing to do with weapon balance. It's just a mental urge. It doesn't excuse weapons being inconsistent until you get the proper rivens. This is called bad design or even exploitative design. Sure, a player might be happy when they succeed in such a horrible system, but an observer should feel nothing but rage and dissapointment for it (which is exactly what I feel when I'm told that rivens can fix things, or when I see the poor players falling for this trick and buying rivens for huge prices just to fix inconsistency!)

I'm all for keeping RNG when it comes to rewards and the like, but I don't see the excitement you're talking about with weapon usage. Our weapons don't do amazing actions on procs or crits, they just deal more damage, not enough for excitement, or proc the same thing more or less often. If you're modding for crit or status you want consistent crits and procs. The fact that you can barely ever get to this level (if we're looking at all weapons, WITHOUT rivens) is more probable to annoy someone than to make them appreciate when they do get the procs/crits.

Let's say I mod an Opticor for criticals. I'll use this example because it's very hard to reach 100% critical chance with an Opticor. What do you think will more meaningful to the player - the nice feeling of getting a crit every two or three shots, or the inconvenience when all the others deal pitiful (by comparison) damage? You really think people are gonna go "yeeeah!" every time they get a crit? Inconvenience will always be more noticable then convenience, it's the natural way of thought (sadly). (This is also the point where the player often gets to urge to try gambling for rivens to "fix" the inconsistent system. This isn't how things should work in any game!)

Edited by BeeOverlord

On 11/24/2017 at 12:21 PM, BeeOverlord said:

*snip

I been commenting on what can be improved upon for some time now, and have similar thoughts.

Multishot mechanics:

Depending on how things work under the hood, the devs might have to code it like that. What I was thinking is that overall damage does not increase. As a weapon have more projectiles per shot, damage decreases, as overall damage would not change.

So the idea of Multishot would be to have more chances to proc effects on the enemies, where Ignite, Gas Clouds, Corrode, and Toxin for example would benefit from more chances to proc in a single shot

Crit mechanics:

Hmm, interesting approach, but I dunno how this would make things different? I'm wondering if Crit Mechanics could be folded together with Status, and give status a more robust and independent system from damage dealt and interconnected more with Health types?

Status mechanics:

Interesting concept, maybe for new weapons though?

The way I had though of this was to build on what's already working, so I thought its time to have Status Effects become their own system that has an interplay with damage and health types. So, no longer be tied to a one to one relation between damage and status effects.

For example, Grineer are said to rock a carbon steel type of armor and use Ferrite and an Alloy one is standard and one more advanced. Watching videos on youtube on striking steel plates I got wondering why can't there be certain status effects tied to certain health types?

So I take my AkMagnus with Thermite Warheads in the bullets, and start firing on a Grineer soldier using his standard Armor, I can get chances to roll, (the RNG is on hitting the target in different areas, one shot might glance off the plate, another might dig in a thigh, a third the Shields were overloaded and sharpnel gets through):

• Critical (Fatal damage that kills target)
  • Armor Failure (Corrode proc, Shattering Impact mod are two examples on two ways to do them).
  • Penetration (Punch-though, and yes idea is having this be incorporated into Status)
  • Stagger, Knockback
  • Ignite from the Warhead
  • Major Trauma (basically Bleed proc)
  • Confusion (scaling best on Headshots)

2nd example, I take my AkMagnus with mods that gives me Weaken and Toxin procs against Corpus

• Critical
  • Disrupt
  • Toxin
  • Weaken
  • Penetration
  • Major Trauma
  • Stagger, Knockback
  • Confusion

3rd, I take my Boar Prime with Blast damage against infested

• Pressure Wave (Gibs and knocks down enemies)
  • Stagger, Knockback
  • Major Trauma
  • Penetration
  • Confusion

Gimmick mods.

These, like Thunderbolt could take over for combining elemental mods to grant weapons a chance to have Blast damage, as how I see it, we have two major aspects here, first is killing an enemy out right and the second if they are still standing to then have a CC effect on them, and as such would be the interplay between Crits and Status.

So as a means to add flavor and different sort of consistency, as making status more robust, needs to adjust the mods we have, and how damage is put together to take down, mods like Thunderbolt will add what sort of additional effects that can be done to enemies from different weapons.

So that's essentially what I've been thinking about.

On 11/25/2017 at 9:20 PM, BeeOverlord said:

Rivens shouldn't be included when discussing balance. They were always the point where the system gets unfair and horrid, because it's the final bit of grinding that you can do. Rivens aren't fair. The desire to get a riven to get consistent crits or procs has nothing to do with weapon balance. It's just a mental urge. It doesn't excuse weapons being inconsistent until you get the proper rivens. This is called bad design or even exploitative design.

I didn't mention Riven's because I agree with this.  Horrid at least how they're obtained/their initially stated purpose of meaning to bring some form of balance to underpowered/nonpowercreeped weapons/a band-aid that puts some extra power in players hands while still making them gamble.

On 11/25/2017 at 9:20 PM, BeeOverlord said:

[1] You really think people are gonna go "yeeeah!" every time they get a crit? Inconvenience will always be more noticable then convenience, it's the natural way of thought (sadly). [2] (This is also the point where the player often gets to urge to try gambling for rivens to "fix" the inconsistent system. This isn't how things should work in any game!)

.1 - I actually kind of do and I'm not a gambling sort/major risk taker/don't use crit weapons most of the time. This may be why I go yeeeeah though.  Agreed with the second sentence.
2 - No, it definitely is not how things should work.  Encouraging gambling is a synonym of poop.

Here's the problem though. Very little weapons can be consistent without rivens. Only a few select, designated weapons can reach 100% crit or status. The fact that plenty of weapons that aren't consistent are still crit or status weapons makes the situation even worse.

So without the gambling bits which are plain bad, most weapons are incredibly rng-based, and that's what I'd like to fix.

Edited by BeeOverlord

Le 25.11.2017 à 16:41, BeeOverlord a dit :

Mister ShortCat I must imply you to actually read the post before replying with such nonsense.

Now, calm down little boy. The only one writing nonsense here is you (now that someone got offended because his idea was not liked).

I've already explained exactly how this would work with multishot in general.

Le 24.11.2017 à 19:21, BeeOverlord a dit :

Snipers that only deal good damage every other shot are one of the worst examples, but really even something like the Soma is inconsistent

Your examples, not mine. I understand your proposal, however as i already said it will only make big difference on weapons below 100% Multishot.

There are two issues with this statement. First, sustain and burst dps are irrelevant here. A crit Soma will have sustain dps, a crit Opticor will have burst dps. These things are decided by the build and weapon. This change would make either of these deal consistent damage, that is all.

Text marked in red is what I ment. You swap the burst nature of crits into sustained/consistent damage. Crit mods become more relevant, because they affect every shot and you don't have to rely on that one burst from a critical hit.

First I'd like to thank you for admitting to not reading the whole thing. It's very nice to say you dislike a concept without actually going through it.

Second, you fail to take in mind that status only scales with damage of its own element, despite me having written this as well, knowing most people aren't aware of it. Even if you would pick the "best" status, it would only scale with how much damage of that element you have on the weapon. All this does is enable better specialization, your remark is nonsense.

Oh I read it, even twice. And I am happy to see that I understand your concept better than you. And "complicated" I meant not necessary me, but a casual player. Now lets tear that one appart shall we?  And this line is very important here:

Procs are unchanged in themselves

Slash procs take weapons base damage in calculation. IPS disposition decides how often the slash proc happens, balancing the mechanic in this way. With your suggestion, even a weapon with low slash ratio will be able to consistantly inflict bleed procs, which will scale from total damage. Then there are other elements, where damage is irrelevant: corrosion, radiation, cold, shock, blast, viral. Your concept would let weapons with minimal corrosive strip all armor in seconds, new infested Zaws with minimal viral would be overpowered. Or actually every weapon with slash/viral, put 80% on slash and 20% on viral, there you have new meta. Furthermore, pure elementatal weapons with undesirable elements would get silenced (e.g. S. Gammacor, not the best status weapon, but I hope you get the direction). I touched only the specialization part here, because the "how" part is overcomplicated and bloated.

I don't like your concept because it is poorly thought out and plain simple bad. You kiss feet of everyone who agrees with you and ragestomp every post against it.

I'll ask all of you to provide constructive criticism

No, you are not. God bless your simple mind.

Edited by ShortCat

6 hours ago, ShortCat said:

I don't like you

Dear mister Shortcat please consider making a post that actually has criticism. 

As it stands now the majority of your post is measured flaming while the bit about status tries to save it and spectacularly fails. I know being wrong feels bad but this isn't the answer.

For all your writing about how wrong I am, you've only targeted one, small part of my concept. I suppose this makes the whole thing horrible, eh? Please get a grip.

But don't worry, I'll level with you. You clearly have reading issues since even your actual criticism has no valid base.

The so-called overpowered nature of picking your own status only seems broken until you realize that damage from status only scales from how much damage of that element is on a weapon. This is something that I've placed in the original post and that you are repeatedly ignoring just to make a point, Exactly two procs are good without high elemental damage, and those are corrosive and viral. Viral doesn't stack, so if you have viral on a weapon, it's (fittingly) consistent as you only need one proc, even with the current system. Your entire rant about status being overpowered with my suggestion just means people will use corrosive more. Guess what mister Shortcat, that's perfectly fine. Remind yourself of how silly Grineer scaling is and how little weapons reach endgame due to it. It would make things more consistent. Surely you're aware that you can make corrosive your primary element by upping its damage even now. Is that overpowered?

Thank you for your time spent reading my stuff and trying to make it seem bad. Cheers.

Edited by BeeOverlord

I think the problem you'll have is that a lot of people like dice.

People complain about RNG when it comes to the creation of permanent things, but many enjoy the randomness in combat and think it's a better reflection of reality as well.

Another outcome of your approach would be 'you don't occasionally see 6 digit numbers instead of 4'.  People dig that sort of thing.

I see where you're going, I just see the consequences as being something that most would see negatively rather than positively.  

5 hours ago, BeeOverlord said:

Dear mister Shortcat please consider making a post that actually has criticism. 

As it stands now the majority of your post is measured flaming while the bit about status tries to save it and spectacularly fails. I know being wrong feels bad but this isn't the answer.

For all your writing about how wrong I am, you've only targeted one, small part of my concept. I suppose this makes the whole thing horrible, eh? Please get a grip.

But don't worry, I'll level with you. You clearly have reading issues since even your actual criticism has no valid base.

The so-called overpowered nature of picking your own status only seems broken until you realize that damage from status only scales from how much damage of that element is on a weapon. This is something that I've placed in the original post and that you are repeatedly ignoring just to make a point, Exactly two procs are good without high elemental damage, and those are corrosive and viral. Viral doesn't stack, so if you have viral on a weapon, it's (fittingly) consistent as you only need one proc, even with the current system. Your entire rant about status being overpowered with my suggestion just means people will use corrosive more. Guess what mister Shortcat, that's perfectly fine. Remind yourself of how silly Grineer scaling is and how little weapons reach endgame due to it. It would make things more consistent. Surely you're aware that you can make corrosive your primary element by upping its damage even now. Is that overpowered?

Thank you for your time spent reading my stuff and trying to make it seem bad. Cheers.

There are times I agree with plenty of what you say, but you and him just lace your responses with politely condescending vitriol.  It is just as distracting and wretched to read as people throwing slurs and blunt insults, and is just not worth reading through.  It just isn't necessary and tit for tat is just pettiness no one wants to see.

2 hours ago, FreeWilliam said:

I think the problem you'll have is that a lot of people like dice.

People complain about RNG when it comes to the creation of permanent things, but many enjoy the randomness in combat and think it's a better reflection of reality as well.

Another outcome of your approach would be 'you don't occasionally see 6 digit numbers instead of 4'.  People dig that sort of thing.

I see where you're going, I just see the consequences as being something that most would see negatively rather than positively.  

This is basically another explanation of what I was saying or trying to say.  For moment to moment things, people like a bit of chance. People also like control, but ultimately random 'oh sheit' moments really make things interesting and keep people coming back to try more things.  But yeah, people like dice games.

Its why people like random flowers n shet.