Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator Void Mode Delayed When Using Controller

AugmentedJustice

The console Ghoul Purge update (currently building in house) will include the fix for this:

• Fixed Operators not being able to instantly Void Dash via crouch+jump in some cases, particularly when using a controller and trying to do crouch+jump simultaneously because crouch normally needs to be held on controllers to enter Void Mode. Crouch still needs to be tapped to roll and held to Void Mode, but you can now crouch+jump together to instantly Void Dash instead of having to wait for crouch to work.

Thank you all for your continued efforts in helping us reproduce and fix these issues.

(Merged numerous threads reporting the same issue)

5 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

The console Ghoul Purge update (currently building in house) will include the fix for this:

• Fixed Operators not being able to instantly Void Dash via crouch+jump in some cases, particularly when using a controller and trying to do crouch+jump simultaneously because crouch normally needs to be held on controllers to enter Void Mode. Crouch still needs to be tapped to roll and held to Void Mode, but you can now crouch+jump together to instantly Void Dash instead of having to wait for crouch to work.

Thank you all for your continued efforts in helping us reproduce and fix these issues.

You should note PC seems to have it fixed atm too ^_^

Just tested doing L1+Jump instantly on PC and it indeed void dashed :D

Edited by NightmareT12

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Thanks for something at least, but we still have the exit-transference controller bug, where the ability menu locks open if you press buttons quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2018 at 12:22 PM, [DE]Megan said:

@[DE]Megan Thank you for noting this matter but this issue is still not fixed on PS4 after Update 22.8.2. There is still a delay when trying to Void Dash as the Operator that causes you to float up instead of Void Dashing as described in the post below by @TexasTwurkT3am.

Would sincerely appreciate having this sorted. Thanks in advance for your help.

On 1/5/2018 at 8:07 PM, (PS4)TexasTwurkT3am said:

Using Void Mode on controllers/consoles has been extremely clunky to use since PoE came out. It worked just fine all the way from TWW until recently. My best guess is with the introduction of PoE they needed to assign operator slide and for some reason assigned it to what void mode previously was. It used to be tap to activate, now it's hold to activate, which more often than not leads to this jump-slide dance shown in the GIF instead of void dash

I understand the devs are super busy, but even just an acknowledgement that it's a known issue is all we need. All that needs to be done is swap Void Mode with Operator slide on the controller scheme. PC can separate crouch and roll to fix this, consoles can't, and it worked just fine the way before

Void Dash does work, it's just more clunky/annoying to use. I should have dashed at least 10-15 times in the GIF provided, it worked for the year prior, now you have to hold to fully activate it. Mostly an issue when inputting commands quickly, but it wasn't an issue at all before PoE. Can this change please be reverted back? 

You can dash, yes, but you can not go straight from frame > operator > void mode > dash fluidly like you used to be able to, because the tap to enter Void Mode button assignment has been replaced with tap to slide, and Void Mode was changed to hold to activate.

I know I'm not the only one because here are plenty of people that agree that it is a very real, and very annoying issue

This is me, trying for 15 seconds (it was originally 30) to use Void Dash by inputting the exact same commands at the same pace that I did before PoE. The exact same way I farmed literally millions of Kuva. It's super frustrating. It's been months now.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, (PS4)R41nb0w_5pr1nklz said:

@[DE]Megan Thank you for noting this matter but this issue is still not fixed on PS4 after Update 22.8.2. There is still a delay when trying to Void Dash as the Operator that causes you to float up instead of Void Dashing as described in the post below by @TexasTwurkT3am.

Would sincerely appreciate having this sorted. Thanks in advance for your help.

It's much better, yes, but it does still exist unfortunately